Another new foil....

jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
While obviously I wasn’t happy with the foil players coming back, the small bright side of it was they are bonus for a week. But now we have another new one today and we are already having new bonus players everyday. God forbid they give there players a break every once in a while. We are already getting ATG odds on 300 maxed bxp players. Maybe they will shock us and make an improvement that actually benefits the players but honestly, given what has (or hasn’t) changed since the VIP council I wouldn’t expect it. So far they’ve introduced atrocious odds earlier and added another event that requires even more bonus players this year. 
Prev13

Comments

• RollieFingersRollieFingers Registered Users, Member 129 Posts
    I was just ranting about this in the club chat lol. But there is a sucker born everyday who feels spending all there hard earn money in a virtual baseball game to be the “best”. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I have no problem spending. If you enjoy the game, by all means do what you want with your money. The problem is, the return in the investment is garbage now. I had issues with ATg odds being .2% and .5%, now these odds with a 300 max bxp player? I truly enjoyed being on the ViP council and everyone I talked to was incredibly nice. But, they implemented very few of the recommendations, and have expanded on the increased bonus players and horrible player odds. It’s a slap in the face really. It was 3 days of really good conversations that lead to nothing really. Like I said, maybe down the road they act on some of the things discussed but at this point they haven’t so I have no reason fo believe they will. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @jalapenocubbies I had a kickass GIF to respond with and then I remembered your avatar pic sooo 🙄

And I agree with you 100% on the council points you brought up. I was real excited about the pitching mode they teased and had us do a focus group on (had been asking for one for years) and then I saw the result 😒
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Houmy said:
    @jalapenocubbies I had a kickass GIF to respond with and then I remembered your avatar pic sooo 🙄

And I agree with you 100% on the council points you brought up. I was real excited about the pitching mode they teased and had us do a focus group on (had been asking for one for years) and then I saw the result 😒
    I actually like that but for now it’s worthless until they roll it out more, which I hope they do. I just can’t fathom the idea of chasing these low level BXP players who have all time great odds. I mean honestly, a big portion of our conversation was on box odds and pull rates, and then they roll this out? 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I've given up on this game being anything more than just disappointment after disappointment at this point.

Can't buy popup deals. The fix that works for most people, doesn't for me.

Unless I have FP, can't sim games. It just crashes every 3 innings or so as I'm clicking 'autoplay inning', so it takes roughly 3 restarts to autoplay a single game if I do not have FP.

Game crashes in other spots too. In walkoff, I seem to be able to play the 49 matches leading up to 5.10 just fine, but that one seems to result in spinning wheel of death about 20-40 percent of the time, depending on what day it is.

Box odds are atrocious / insulting. You have players that cost $1000+ real money to get, on average. Literally nothing on this game is worth more than $3. It's just not (fight me).

I, and many others I've played with over the years, who have spent eons of money and time on this once-wonderful mobile game, are now just logging in a few times a day to play season games and see if there's any free boxes or xp. And that's it.

It makes me so sad.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    This is one reason I am barely opening the app right now.   Just dont want to deal with stressing over bxp players and the foil odds so not putting myself in that position.   Cant remember the foil bxp odds last year but i know they werent great either.   I know its a different game but going from atgs with these odds to bxp players within a month is just a tough pill for a lot to swallow. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    What a joke. They always take 1 step forward then 3 steps back.  They claim they will increase drop rates / box odds then revert back to their greedy as fuk1n ways. If these players have ATG odds, then make them ATGs. I expect Trout and Ohtani to go up with every max if these are the odds they are given. Lets not forget that every day now they are also releasing new boxes. It went from Mon Wed Fri to now every fuk1n day there is a new box you need to pull to grab the sets to score points.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    This is one reason I am barely opening the app right now.   Just dont want to deal with stressing over bxp players and the foil odds so not putting myself in that position.   Cant remember the foil bxp odds last year but i know they werent great either.   I know its a different game but going from atgs with these odds to bxp players within a month is just a tough pill for a lot to swallow. 
    I’m fairly certain they were 1%. They were bad then, and even worse now. Last year though, at this time, I don’t remember have new boxes everyday and the new rally event which requires more bonus players if you actually want to play. 

I agree you don’t NEED any of these players but that’s part of the fun. I can’t stress it enough, making bxp players (really any player but specifically bxp players) .2% and .5% is really a slap in the face to the players. Not to mention there has been zero improvement to the gurantee box. 
    Remember when the box counter first came out, I'm sure someone has a SS of the newsletter. The box was suppose  to guarantee the best item in the box. Pulling to the counter and getting the fuk1n 4stars is horseshit. So called VIP council  better grow some balls and speak up more.  Instead some of them bitch and cry about having ads on their phones? Gimme  a break, these are the people who represent your VIP council ?? Stop being scared to speak up and voice the concerns that everyone is feeling. Too many people hiding behind the shadows in fear of speaking their minds.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Remember when the box counter first came out, I'm sure someone has a SS of the newsletter. The box was suppose  to guarantee the best item in the box. Pulling to the counter and getting the fuk1n 4stars is horseshit. So called VIP council  better grow some balls and speak up more.  Instead some of them bitch and cry about having ads on their phones? Gimme  a break, these are the people who represent your VIP council ?? Stop being scared to speak up and voice the concerns that everyone is feeling. Too many people hiding behind the shadows in fear of speaking their minds.
    I have expressed my concern on numerous occasions with them, with a lot of different people. Nothing changed so I left the chat. I don’t know how many times you can scream the same thing and get no where. The fact is they know if they have a slow sales day they’ll run a gauntlet and everyone will be back. They don’t listen to low level vips (I’m level 20) like me anymore. We need the green, blue, and rainbow guys to make a difference which they won’t because they will do whatever it takes. Here’s generally what happens. We express a concern, several people say, well we can’t change it but we’ll let people above us know. They either don’t, or if they do it gets ignored by the decision makers, or we get that sweet .01% increase and told to enjoy our peanuts. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I get that everyone wants a scapegoat, but seriously? Grow some common sense. If they don't make a change, it's not because they're not aware; it's because it doesn't make business sense for them. That's it. That's how businesses operate. 

Personally, I'm in the same boat as the majority. In particular, I've repeatedly expressed the lack of 'value' in the gaming experience. Obviously, their numbers suggest otherwise so it is what it is. Like @jalapenocubbies said, you can only bring up the same issues 'x' amount of times. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Honestly, I'm glad they are doing this. I'm still only .99 in for 21 and that won't change. We now have a foil player to obtain every day of the week in different boxes. What a joke this is becoming. 20 cost a ton to compete, and 21 is more than double that.

I can't thank them enough, really. They've completely screwed up the game with greed, while still not fixing all the basic things so a player can enjoy the game.

I saw the box today and just laughed. No doubt there are many out there spending out their rear to get all these 300 guys so they can dump them in a few weeks. I'm done with throwing my money away. TY GLU!!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts

I'm still only .99 in for 21 and that won't change.

Fake news
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    “MYSTERY BOX GUARANTEES: We know that it can sometimes be stressful to open a box.  So now, with select mystery boxes, we've included a gauge indicating how many you've opened.  Look at the screenshot above for example. If you haven't gotten the coolest thing in that Mystery Box going on your 10th open, you should be guaranteed to pull that elusive reward right then and there!  If you're lucky and happen to pull that reward before 10 box openings, the gauge will reset!  Keep in mind that this is a very specific example, and we will have boxes in the future with varying amounts before a specific prize is guaranteed.”

This was the 6/7/19 Newsletter. That “elusive reward” of a 4 star player. 🤷‍♂️
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY right there with you buddy. Have probably opened the app less than 5 times total just to see what's going on. Pretty much given up on it for good and honestly I lost most, if not all, interest early on in 2020.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

DFBB said:
    I get that everyone wants a scapegoat, but seriously? Grow some common sense. If they don't make a change, it's not because they're not aware; it's because it doesn't make business sense for them. That's it. That's how businesses operate. 

You meant that’s how SOME businesses operate. An example, CSR2 Racing is a similar format in building and competing. Yes, they are crooks too, but a bit more honest crooks. There are no strategically placed pop ups for accidental spending of resources. And you are asked a confirmation BEFORE you spend resources. And their “pity timer” actually awards you the top prize after so many boxes. Not just a “chance” at it. More transparency, more honesty. Oh, and their company is ranked higher financially. No, businesses don’t NEED to be as deceptive as this company. Just sayin’.

tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:

You meant that’s how SOME businesses operate. An example, CSR2 Racing is a similar format in building and competing. Yes, they are crooks too, but a bit more honest crooks. There are no strategically placed pop ups for accidental spending of resources. And you are asked a confirmation BEFORE you spend resources. And their “pity timer” actually awards you the top prize after so many boxes. Not just a “chance” at it. More transparency, more honesty. Oh, and their company is ranked higher financially. No, businesses don’t NEED to be as deceptive as this company. Just sayin’.

It looks like you missed the point. Businesses make decisions based on what THEY think is best for their business. You may not agree, but that's a different topic. In the examples you gave, those decisions were made based on what they felt was best for their respective businesses. All the power to them. Also, lol @ honest crooks. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I'm still only .99 in for 21 and that won't change.

Fake news

I do appreciate the commitment to my posts. Thank you!

Yes, 1.99 so far. 1.98 more than what the game is worth at this point in time.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:

It looks like you missed the point. Businesses make decisions based on what THEY think is best for their business. You may not agree, but that's a different topic. In the examples you gave, those decisions were made based on what they felt was best for their respective businesses. All the power to them. Also, lol @ honest crooks. 
    No, I didn’t miss the point at all. Yes, it’s obvious dishonesty is part of their business plan. They think deception is fine. Maybe you missed my point. You stated “that’s how businesses operate”. That is NOT how ALL businesses operate. We all know the issues with this company’s business plan. I’m not going to argue with you about it. If we continue to spend money, then it’s our fault and their deception wins. That simple.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @tshea510 I’ve said that all along. If these guys keep spending money like crazy buying these boxes with ridiculous odds then Glu will continue to reduce the odds and increase the number of  players needed to “participate”. It’s OUR fault but Glus. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    As someone who is always looking to get an edge on this company,  I generally agree. But we both know the council is merely a publicity HJ to satisfy the masses. Nothing ever comes from it...so I wouldnt point the blame on them. If you want something to be done, quit spending and chasing sets. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited April 2021
    Seems like we’ve all had this conversation literally every year. For every good thing they do for the customer they do something to protect their own interest x10. Sad but true it’s never gonna change. The game is not even recognizable anymore. It’s all about chasing throw away players at ridiculous odds to complete sets score bonus points for shitty rewards wash rinse repeat.  Dumb 
    Maybe a little early for this... but if anyone has a plat or diamond club for sale I’m your guy.. I buy one every year. Already done with the club grind 
    @mythicaldragon ill have a plat club for you on Thursday. PM me. No money required.
    – The Great Houmy
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:

No, I didn’t miss the point at all. Yes, it’s obvious dishonesty is part of their business plan. They think deception is fine. Maybe you missed my point. You stated “that’s how businesses operate”. That is NOT how ALL businesses operate. We all know the issues with this company’s business plan. I’m not going to argue with you about it. If we continue to spend money, then it’s our fault and their deception wins. That simple.
    It was suggested that glu doesn't make changes because they may not be aware of issue 'x'.' I said that they're aware, but they will make whatever decision THEY deem is best for them; just like any business would. Period. And yes, this is how all businesses operate; they ALL do what they think is best for them. 

I will agree that if you continue to shop at store 'x,' complain about store 'x,' then continue to shop at store 'x,' then that's on you. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:

It was suggested that glu doesn't make changes because they may not be aware of issue 'x'.' I said that they're aware, but they will make whatever decision THEY deem is best for them; just like any business would. Period. And yes, this is how all businesses operate; they ALL do what they think is best for them. 

I will agree that if you continue to shop at store 'x,' complain about store 'x,' then continue to shop at store 'x,' then that's on you. 
    If you constantly complain on store x’s forum that will show them though
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:

So you’re definitely in the “Screw you customers” camp. I wasn’t the one complaining. But I did point out there are ethical ways and non deceptive ways to run a business. Even you have admitted to the accidental buying crap for 1500 gold. An honest company would ask you to CONFIRM that crap purchase. What’s your point? You just want to defend your company that makes you Mod? This bunch screws us all, you know and we all know it. But if we bitch we’re not entitled to? I gave examples of honest crooks being more transparent and actually GIVING THE PRIZE ON THE PITY TIMER. This bunch, as you know, screws everyone on the boxes. But it’s great you’re a company man, sticking to the story. 

So many are leaving, quitting, etc. maybe you should try and help keep your customers, rather than further alienating them.

I’m done with this shit. Ban me

tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:

So you’re definitely in the “Screw you customers” camp. I wasn’t the one complaining. But I did point out there are ethical ways and non deceptive ways to run a business. Even you have admitted to the accidental buying crap for 1500 gold. An honest company would ask you to CONFIRM that crap purchase. What’s your point? You just want to defend your company that makes you Mod? This bunch screws us all, you know and we all know it. But if we bitch we’re not entitled to? I gave examples of honest crooks being more transparent and actually GIVING THE PRIZE ON THE PITY TIMER. This bunch, as you know, screws everyone on the boxes. But it’s great you’re a company man, sticking to the story. 

So many are leaving, quitting, etc. maybe you should try and help keep your customers, rather than further alienating them.

I’m done with this shit. Ban me

To paraphrase a reader:

me: businesses act in their own best interests.

you: their business is shady as hell.

If you don't understand that those are two entirely different topics, just move on. 

Lol, you just refuse to get “it”. Maybe you need to have someone read you this post from the beginning and explain it to you.

Seriously, I’m done! If your company isn’t doing enough to alienate the customers, they’ve got you to fill in.

I’ve played the game a long time and watched it transform into the atrocious money grab it is.. So honestly I think this game started on the idea let’s make a cool baseball game people will enjoy... and they did that! But then somewhere down the road they said how can we squeeze them just a little bit and it’s been snowball effect of constant squeeze after another. Give a little... and take more..I think what @tshea510 is trying to say is yes a business is a business and they are going to make business decisions....💰 but... where the fk is the line?? 🤷🏻‍♂️