Another new foil....

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I’ve played the game a long time and watched it transform into the atrocious money grab it is.. So honestly I think this game started on the idea let’s make a cool baseball game people will enjoy... and they did that! But then somewhere down the road they said how can we squeeze them just a little bit and it’s been snowball effect of constant squeeze after another. Give a little... and take more..I think what @tshea510 is trying to say is yes a business is a business and they are going to make business decisions....💰 but... where the fk is the line?? 🤷🏻‍♂️
    While that opinion is shared by many, that's not what Karski and I were talking about when he injected himself into the convo. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    So just to recap:
    the box odds for foils are atrocious-worse than ATGs in 2020

the vip council can talk until their blue in the face and their ideas and opinions don’t matter

the pity timer that guarantees the best player but has never lived up to its promise is just another example of unethical behavior by Glu 

businesses don’t need to be ethical as long as it’s in theirbest interest to not be 

longtime gamers such as Houmy, Jedd,Matt,Doc have weighed in on this thread that they barely play because of how Glu runs their business. Plenty of other guys have also quit or really reduced their PT-screw you guys for not drinking the Glu kool-aid. Lol

Mythical Dragon I totally agree with you-this USED to be a great game 

Glu is making money but if they were more ethical they could be making more money-take care of the customers and they will take care of you

im sure that I missed something but it’s past my bedtime

one of my favorite phrases is “ just because I don’t agree with you doesn’t mean that you’re right” 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited April 2021
    DFBB said:
    I’ve played the game a long time and watched it transform into the atrocious money grab it is.. So honestly I think this game started on the idea let’s make a cool baseball game people will enjoy... and they did that! But then somewhere down the road they said how can we squeeze them just a little bit and it’s been snowball effect of constant squeeze after another. Give a little... and take more..I think what @tshea510 is trying to say is yes a business is a business and they are going to make business decisions....💰 but... where the fk is the line?? 🤷🏻‍♂️
    While that opinion is shared by many, that's not what Karski and I were talking about when he injected himself into the convo. 
    I injected myself into you and Karski’s convo? This is getting more hilarious as you go on!

Forgive me Master, I’m so sorry to comment, err, intrude on you and Karski’ s private convo.

You obviously want to pick some crap. We’re both from Texas, let’s go after it big boy. Name your place, rest of y’all bring some beer and popcorn, this shouldn’t take long 😂
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    wow wow wow, I inject myself into nobody. Well sometimes @TyroneEastwood but that's our personal lives and we keep it civil. Listen, I know that the guys (most) voice the concerns to the upper power, but they choose not to act on 90% of the issues. Do they need to make money? 100%, but there needs to be a line drawn. They continuously bleed blood from rocks, if they listened more and made the game affordable and fun, I'm sure it wouldn't impact their bottom line. Happy customers spend money, pissing people off only alienates them. This game has lost so many great users over the past 2-3 seasons because of the poor business decisions they make. Their business model is banking on new blood and new fish to farm, but it wont last as more and more start to see the light. Is what it is.

The reason we still shop at this store, is because this game is just as bad as any real-life addiction. And this company prays on that.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • RollieFingersRollieFingers Registered Users, Member 129 Posts
    Kinda figured the whole point of a form was for everybody to voice an opinion on any subject posted.  
  • jwehnerjwehner Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    Wonder who the next foil is gonna be...this convo escalated fast.
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    "Injecting myself into Tyroneeastwood"  
    This really really made my day. Well said @dkarski87 😂
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    I think I just experienced a keyboard bad ass..  cool. Id only heard of them in the past.  maybe MOEN...but that was long ago
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    jwehner said:
    Wonder who the next foil is gonna be...this convo escalated fast.
    I figured that Joc would be the first one. We know that glu had an obsession with him plus he led the majors in RBI and HRs in spring training 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I’ll just leave it as this. DFBB is right in that they will do what is best for them, which is to make money. This type of thing isn’t exclusive to Glu. We see this in every industry for any product. Hell, I’m trying to buy a PS5 right now and whenever I find one, the companies are forcing you to buy bundles not just the system. Meaning I need to spend 400 bucks on a bunch of extra
    crap I don’t want. But they want the extra income. I know it’s not the same thing but just pointing out $ is always the deciding factor.

They will continue to make these box odds terrible, and drive up the costs because they can. There’s always a group of players who odds/$ don’t matter. They may say it does but in the end they will do what’s necessary. Partly because of the addiction factor DK mentioned and partly because they have the disposable income and can. 

In the end .2% and .5% odds, in my opinion have no place in the game, let alone for bxp players. Those odds were sold to us because they always guranteed the top player on the game. This does not apply to these players as they will be useless in a week or 2. I know they may try to spin it as well the regular 5 star players had a boosted pull rate but as we saw yesterday the big set was both foils. The regular 5 stars have little to no value already now. They either need to significantly improve the odds or gurantee a top player at some point (not this any player or a 4.5 star/Prime). Otherwise they will just continue to alienate the players who don’t have access to unlimited funds/gold. 
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    Made your day, made my night😉
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Made your day, made my night😉
    “Bigpredfan has left the group chat”
    This is all just basic economics we learned way back in jr high. Or well for some of us “way back”. There’s not much of an argument to be had. As long as folks are willing to keep spending then Glu is willing to keep raising prices. Duh. Who in there right mind wouldn’t? 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    jwehner said:
    This is all just basic economics we learned way back in jr high. Or well for some of us “way back”. There’s not much of an argument to be had. As long as folks are willing to keep spending then Glu is willing to keep raising prices. Duh. Who in there right mind wouldn’t? 
    Right, I learned that I can't necessarily expect an adjustment on their end, the adjustment needs to be made on my end.   So therefore my current situation is what is and honestly have been enjoying it.
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    jwehner said:
    Yeah it's like a=foil squared/money=happy. I remember the equation from like 9th grade 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

In the end .2% and .5% odds, in my opinion have no place in the game, let alone for bxp players. 
    As a gamer, I can't agree more. However, it's tough to see anything drastic because those type of odds are designed to 'protect' the whales. Guys pay to have an advantage and if players weren't difficult to pull, then grinding would win out. 

The bar was set with ATGs. Even though .2% and .5% were brutal, it wasn't difficult to justify the chase. However, these bxp guys....ugh, no! Same price and a fraction of the value. They're going to re-evaluate things, but tbh, I'm not overly optimistic. I hope I'm wrong, but quite a bit of people chased that foil trout. In the end, that's what moves the needle. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:

In the end .2% and .5% odds, in my opinion have no place in the game, let alone for bxp players. 
    As a gamer, I can't agree more. However, it's tough to see anything drastic because those type of odds are designed to 'protect' the whales. Guys pay to have an advantage and if players weren't difficult to pull, then grinding would win out. 

The bar was set with ATGs. Even though .2% and .5% were brutal, it wasn't difficult to justify the chase. However, these bxp guys....ugh, no! Same price and a fraction of the value. They're going to re-evaluate things, but tbh, I'm not overly optimistic. I hope I'm wrong, but quite a bit of people chased that foil trout. In the end, that's what moves the needle. 
    I think the changes(or lack thereof) would support our pessimistic view of what changes will come. Goes back go what I said earlier. They may throw another .1% or .2% and say look we increased odds. While that’s not a lie, they miss the entire point. I think the problem Lies in the statement it’s there to “protect the whales”. While I don’t disagree at all if you spend the most you should get the most perks. Doing that alienates a lot of people still. I’m all star 20 and I don’t even come close to keeping up. So what is my incentive to spend and keep going if the game doesn’t want me to compete. If the answer is up the all star perks more and in turn we get better odds, I’d be for that 100%. 
    DFBB said:

So what is my incentive to spend and keep going if the game doesn’t want me to compete. 
    This is basically the answer I had to figure out for myself and things became more clear.
    DFBB said:

So what is my incentive to spend and keep going if the game doesn’t want me to compete. 
    This is basically the answer I had to figure out for myself and things became more clear.
    Yep. While I don’t personally like the answer, my wallet and thumbs do. I’d mention family as well but we’ve been stuck at home for a year so I’m sure they want to get rid of me anyway. 

I preached on this all of last year and will continue to do so. Have some fun playing the game. It should only be a game and not an addiction but unfortunately that’s not the case for a lot of people(including me in the past). Glu has every right to make it difficult to get the best players and we as consumers have every right to make it difficult for them to get our money. 
    2003cobra said:

I preached on this all of last year and will continue to do so. Have some fun playing the game. It should only be a game and not an addiction but unfortunately that’s not the case for a lot of people(including me in the past). Glu has every right to make it difficult to get the best players and we as consumers have every right to make it difficult for them to get our money. 
    Games should always be fun, if they arent then you simply shouldnt play them
    stressing about sets and horrible box odds, tapping all weekend, cycling woh as much as possible and spending hard earned cash to compete became no fun for me 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Has somebody said rigged boxes?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    Not yet. Are you saying it now or were you just asking? 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    whynot said:
    Not yet. Are you saying it now or were you just asking? 
    Hmmm... not sure.  Just know it’s never a bad idea to bring it up
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    Congrats guys, we made it 24 hours before a new Foil player with trash odds. We did it! 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Don't worry, there will be another one in tomorrows box.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    jwehner said:
    As long as there is demand they will continue to sell us disgusting box odds. Who cares about the rest who don't want to because there is always a sucker born every minute.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Tl;dr: this game sucks, move on to something else. 

In other news, I’ve dumped this game and still haven’t had a single issue with retro bowl 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Tried Retro Bowl but as soon as I realized I couldn’t get Bo on the Raiders I quit. Man my lil bro used to get so pissed when we played that game.