Another new foil....

13Next

Comments

• Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Just treading water with this game. Looks impossible to continue to play free of charge. When my gold hits zero, I’m out. I’m not grinding 120 adverts to buy 1 box which will have a 3* player in it. Stick him in your team and you’ll probably lose even if it’s just a prime game. 

This is why not receiving the cvc boxes hurts. It would take all day grinding ads to use gold on those boxes. 

They try and keep you interested with the VIP bonus. While I’m glad to have 2 boxes rather than 1, it is something else they’ve fixed. I pick middle 90% of the time. It only ever has 3 boxes if I switch left or right. 

Short term they made a lot out of me but if they’d been less greedy they’d have made more in the long term. 

I’ve started buying baseball cards which is expensive when I add shipping to UK and import charges. However, the $80 card I bought a few weeks ago gets displayed every day and I could sell it again if I think I paid too much. That was two weeks spend on this game last year on players who were usually done in a fortnight. 

Off to tell CS they can shove this game up their hoop. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    This is why not receiving the cvc boxes hurts. It would take all day grinding ads to use gold on those boxes. 

Is nobody getting cvc boxes at any club level? My club is still silver so I figured once my club went gold we would get them. 
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    @2003cobra
    we are gold. We get boxes
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    2003cobra said:

Is nobody getting cvc boxes at any club level? My club is still silver so I figured once my club went gold we would get them. 

To bring this back to the foil discussion, I had a clubmate get a foil player yesterday from a free box. What a jerk. 
    @Bigpredfan dont hate me cuz I’m beautiful -both freebies
    @2003cobra
    we are gold. We get boxes
    Thanks. I was hoping so 
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    To bring this back to the foil discussion, I had a clubmate get a foil player yesterday from a free box. What a jerk. 
    I agree...that guy is a jerk!
  • DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    I've been a real jerk lately. Haven't been buying boxes yet, but got both Ohtanis,and Choi out of free boxes. Not that happy really, as I would have liked to have saved that luck for when the ATGs come out.
    Never fight a man with a perm
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    I've been a real jerk lately. Haven't been buying boxes yet, but got both Ohtanis,and Choi out of free boxes. Not that happy really, as I would have liked to have saved that luck for when the ATGs come out.
    Could you send me the gold you got for Choi? Thank you in advance. 😎
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    Oh yeah, maybe I was a bit happy about Choi.
    Never fight a man with a perm
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    2003cobra said:

I’m in a gold club but 3 times in the last week I’ve not received the prize for winning and it has happened to others too. 

CS then ask you if you can provide a screenshot (seriously?) and say who your opponents were (seriously again?) before issuing the reward. 
    @Piglet1899 thanks for clarifying. I was hoping that they didn’t do away with them 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Seems like we’ve all had this conversation literally every year. For every good thing they do for the customer they do something to protect their own interest x10. Sad but true it’s never gonna change.
    This. ^^^

I played a ton in 2019, then played for like two weeks in 2020. It was frustrating as hell. But if you want to be a top club, you're gonna have to chase the dangling carrot. 

Someone said earlier "I only open the app a few times a day to play season mode and see if there are any free boxes." That's fine. Add in some Slugfest, maybe do a Rally. Then I move on with life. 

The odds are low because they only want a finite supply of those players in the game. That's a business decision that is aimed at running your credit card. They aren't as concerned with your gaming experience, beyond the point of keeping you engaged, which we clearly are.

Not trying to be a wet blanket, and I admit some of the fun of this forum for me is reading the outrage that exists within, but you can't change the company. You can change your spending habits. Maybe if enough people do that, the company will change its habits, but I wouldn't bet on it. It can be fun if you just play it for what it is. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    Seems like we’ve all had this conversation literally every year. For every good thing they do for the customer they do something to protect their own interest x10. Sad but true it’s never gonna change.
    This. ^^^

I played a ton in 2019, then played for like two weeks in 2020. It was frustrating as hell. But if you want to be a top club, you're gonna have to chase the dangling carrot. 

Someone said earlier "I only open the app a few times a day to play season mode and see if there are any free boxes." That's fine. Add in some Slugfest, maybe do a Rally. Then I move on with life. 

The odds are low because they only want a finite supply of those players in the game. That's a business decision that is aimed at running your credit card. They aren't as concerned with your gaming experience, beyond the point of keeping you engaged, which we clearly are.

Not trying to be a wet blanket, and I admit some of the fun of this forum for me is reading the outrage that exists within, but you can't change the company. You can change your spending habits. Maybe if enough people do that, the company will change its habits, but I wouldn't bet on it. It can be fun if you just play it for what it is. 
    I don’t think you are being a wet blanket, I think you are just correct. I’ve been playing 17, so I’m just as guilty as anyone who complains and continues to play. So far, atleast this year I haven’t gotten sucked down any player chasing traps. I got lucky with Foil Trout and didn’t bother trying for Ohtani or Choi. I think pointing out things like the daily bxp foil/horrible odds is good to see because while I don’t necessarily see a massive change in favor of the players maybe yesterday’s box where the best player was 1.6% vs .5% was because of that? Don’t get me wrong. 1.6% is still way to low at this point in the game. I’ve said for a long time, they should be giving players away right now. It will suck people in and then they can drop the odds when legends and primes come. Pissing everyone off now, seems odd to me. Ultimately you’re right though, they do this because they can.  It’s gonna come down to the 5-10 clubs you always see in first. If they slow down, it will be noticed. A few guys quitting or threatening to quit doesn’t matter to them in the long run. Sure they don’t wNt people to quit but they know the current setup with drive some away but ultimately will keep the big dogs still spending. 
    I think the 1.6 wasn’t a foil, which would mean he isn’t a bonus for a week. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    It’s just weird. Badoo is the best player released so far and he’s not even a foil. Today’s foil will be a bonus for a week, but unless I missed it(likely), Ohtani/Choi are done as bonuses. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    He gets the weekend at least i guess was the thinking but who knows 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Yeah I mean none of that matters to me. He is double skill and currently the best player. I don’t care if his card is shiny or not. It was better odds for the best player. Like I said, I think they should be higher but I’d much rather this than .5%. 
    Yeah I mean none of that matters to me. He is double skill and currently the best player. I don’t care if his card is shiny or not. It was better odds for the best player. Like I said, I think they should be higher but I’d much rather this than .5%. 
    Oh same here. 
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Tl;dr: this game sucks, move on to something else. 

In other news, I’ve dumped this game and still haven’t had a single issue with retro bowl 🤷🏻‍♂️

You damn skippy!  Whoever mentioned it a while ago, Dr?, it was a great!  Fun game, simple, easy and free to at most inexpensive.