Newbie question about Player Shop in the Store

rgh001rgh001 Registered Users, Member 178 Posts
Is it worth spending 10 gold to switch the available players rather than waiting an hour to find a 5 star player? I saw 2 5 star players in there but didnt purchase them at the time to save cash. Since then I've spent over 1k gold switching the available players in the shop and haven't seen another 5 star player; only 4.5 star ones. I mean I assume the odds are low of a 5 star player appearing are low but I would like another 5 star player and I aint beating WOH or have gold to buy boxes

Comments

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    In my opinion no. 5 stars are very rare so you could drop several hundred if not thousands and not see another one. Also, the game now has 5 star players with skills so a regular 5 star isn’t worth much anymore. I’d wait a while before I started doing that. But at this point if the player doesn’t have skills/x factor I don’t personally think they are worth investing in. 
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    @rgh001 Classis chase of chasing. Don’t fall into that vicious cycle. Roster turnover is way too high, especially this young in the 2021 edition. Let the players come to you. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    In my opinion no. 5 stars are very rare so you could drop several hundred if not thousands and not see another one. Also, the game now has 5 star players with skills so a regular 5 star isn’t worth much anymore. I’d wait a while before I started doing that. But at this point if the player doesn’t have skills/x factor I don’t personally think they are worth investing in. 
    I had a chance at a top 10 SP, but no x-factor, so I passed. Just rentals now anyway.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    I've loaded my inactives roster with 3.5 star players. They are very frequent in the player shop. For 26k blue cash - I've been buying repulls over and over - making 500-600bxp each time. Seems to be a good method of building up a little extra bxp.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I've loaded my inactives roster with 3.5 star players. They are very frequent in the player shop. For 26k blue cash - I've been buying repulls over and over - making 500-600bxp each time. Seems to be a good method of building up a little extra bxp.
    What if you had them all in platinum......I've spent a decent amount of my gold in the player's shop. Imo, this is the best legit way to earn xp. Nice going @bobdylan_fan
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • rgh001rgh001 Registered Users, Member 178 Posts
    Ok. I guess I'm just annoyed I can't beat WOH yet. Can't get past level 4 with maxed out silver team
    rgh001 said:
    Ok. I guess I'm just annoyed I can't beat WOH yet. Can't get past level 4 with maxed out silver team
    And you’re not going to. Not this early in the game. I’ve got a pretty good Silver team myself and don’t care about “beating” it, other than ego. Relax, and keep gathering resources, one of the easiest ways in this game.
    Ok, thank you guys. It's my first year playing.
    Welcome aboard! Everyone in this forum is here to help everybody. Relax and have fun
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    edited April 2021
    tshea510 said:
    rgh001 said:
    And you’re not going to. Not this early in the game. I’ve got a pretty good Silver team myself and don’t care about “beating” it, other than ego. Relax, and keep gathering resources, one of the easiest ways in this game.
    I would just add that beating WOH is actually possible at Silver in Royale and even the hardest tower. I have done it with my silver team but it is not worth the time, frustration and resources (gold) I had to use to get it done. I’ve made the move to gold and it is only slightly more manageable.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    rgh001 said:
    As stated above it’s really not that important yet. As our teams get stronger it should be more manageable at silver( at least it was last year). You say that you can’t get past level 4-I haven’t even tried level 4 yet to know if I can or can’t. At silver you will find that most of the rewards players won’t help to strengthen your club but they will help with club points. Relax and don’t stress about it. 
    Ok I'm fine now, I understand from reading other posts it's basically a game of patience; it's a long season.
    I am curious though does upgrading clutch performance have any affect in WOH or just regular games? 
    edited April 2021
    @rgh001 yes for WOH

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    rgh001 said:
    Ok I'm fine now, I understand from reading other posts it's basically a game of patience; it's a long season.
    I am curious though does upgrading clutch performance have any affect in WOH or just regular games? 
    I don't have enough data to say for certain. While I do upgrade the intangibles, I don't prioritize them. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    @rgh001 yes for WOH

Just curious. What makes you so confident that upgrading “clutch performance” makes a difference in WOH?
    @baseball2020

the part that states “LATE GAME SITUATIONS”

I know that it’s unlike the Late inning skill boost in terms of seeing an icon light up or a % increase displayed for a specific player; however, my TEAM as a whole performs better for WOH. Pennants make a difference too.

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    The pitching early has leaned very heavy RHP.  Before going gold I did win once on a Monday and twice on a weekend Royale with a few hundred gold for boosts.  4.10 seemed to be a gatekeeper for me on Mondays my two Mondays in silver I went a combined 1-18.  I won twice yesterday in gold in somewhat limited play (was sick).  I do clutch/in the zone after my hitting upgrades and it does seem to help somewhat based on my own experience.
    What am I supposed to be doing to help my club gain points in events besides playing games WHEN there is no WOH or Home Run Tower going on? I see my fellow club members amassing huge point values but the only things I seem able to do besides play games are occasional extra bases game......
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Other than Mondays, everyday is Bonus Game events. Get bonus players, play bonus games, rinse, repeat
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    ok, but the only way to get these players is the mystery boxes correct?
    Yes
    So basically woh is every Monday and randomly on weekends. And what is this .3 I keep seeing everywhere?
    rgh001 said:
    So basically woh is every Monday and randomly on weekends. And what is this .3 I keep seeing everywhere?
    .3 refers to the weekend 30% discount club accolade.