The Official Worst Boxes Of The Year Thread: Let's Keep This Updated

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
edited June 2021 in General TSB Discussion

EVERY Player of the Week Box, especially when Prime POTW are added with stupid odds.

4/13/21: Money Grab Flamethrowers box. Oh man. Beyond lame and the main prize is another 300 pitcher. Worst off, a 4 in 1000 chance to pull the guy. I've gotten 8 free boxes, all have been the lowest prize available. This is another one for the suckers.

4/14/21: LOL The Right Stuff - Just horrid. Top "prizes": ANOTHER Pitcher, especially after yesterday's cash grab, AND another 2B with garbage skills to go with foil 2B Ozzie Albies.  Seriously, what is the point of this other than to hope the TH box is something decent. Another one for the suckers.

4/20/21: The Price is Right! - Another relief pitcher, along with two garbage pitchers. As if you needed more of those. Added to make stupid bonus sets that only the addicts will buy. Also added as "prizes" in the EB event, which is pointless at gold or below.

4/21/21: Not JOC BS: Another pitcher, and another RH C that has the same skill set as a top player offered this past weekend (Cabrera). Great work, GLU!

4/22/21: Cueto Boxes: Another pitcher with two garbage relievers that are needed for the event today. At this point of the year, you should have enough pitchers to staff four lineups. This is greed beyond greed now. You literally HAVE to be stupid to keep buying this stuff.

4/23/21: Both boxes are HOT GARBAGE. Garbage players with garbage skill combos. The Foil player is another RHB 3B with RISP/Runners On. The rest of the trash isn't worth summarizing. More UP/Down 3 runs combos with other garbage. What a joke this game is so far in 2021. No reason at all to open the game this weekend due to third weekend with no double gold.

4/23/21: "Bonus" Purchase Player: Another RH Catcher with garbage skills. This is the third RH C with garbage skills offered since last weekend. Oh, and this one is just $15!

4/28/21: Welp, just as we figured, this new "boxes on Monday will have bonus players for a week!" approach was a lie. Garbage boxes again on Tuesdays with garbage pitchers, and now we get the "Superheros" Box on Wednesday with nothing but players at repeat positions that have ONE skill. Oh, and a whopping 3% chance to pull them. Each new bonus set requires one of these horrible players. Also this week, you need three guys at 1B too. Got to hand it to Glu. They are geniuses at figuring out how to get the hopeless addicts to keep paying up more and more each week.

4/29/21: Calling it now. Garbage box of Superhero Pitchers. As if we needed more of those. OK I was wrong. There are TWO boxes today, one of which requires $60 to acquire a pitcher (DeGrom) and the other has pitchers and a SS with the useless LHP skill.  This new "week of bonus players" boxes was another lie by GLU. Two boxes of players Monday, one more Tuesday, one Wednesday, and now TWO more TH on top of the POTW box. Even more players than before. Yikes.

5/9/21: I missed a couple last week, but GLU definitely outdid themselves with the much anticipated POTM boxes. Six players with garbage skills, with three of them being below the current curve. Oh, and the chances of landing them are MUCH lower than years past too. The greed is beyond shameless. Keep buying, addicts. It will only get worse.

5/10/21: Special Ops boxes. More like Special Ed boxes. The new non-foil players are another OF and SS, with the worst skills imaginable. The WoH "Prize" is a nerfed player with crappy skills too. Really no reason to play the game at all today unless you need resources.

5/11/21: The Wild Bunch. Need another relief pitcher? How about more 4 star hitters? LOLOLOL

5/12/21: High Heat box. Goodness it is getting worse. Top players offered are another P and Reliever, with yet another RH catcher mixed in to go with Foil Verdugo and a Foil Pitcher. So between the extra boxes yesterday, POTM boxes, POTW boxes and the trash today, there are about 6 pitchers for this one event. Yet the addicts will keep spending so this garbage will only be set on fire soon enough. What a joke this game has become.

Week of 6/7/21: With the Rainbow Brigade fully in control of every aspect of this game, GLU is still requiring everyone pay for PxP in order to keep up with the Joneses. Once again, we get the 2 box Monday that stays good for a week, but the players suck minus one, a Double RH Prime that is the hardest to pull. No worries, this skill set just means another bump is coming likely this weekend. Oh, have I mentioned still no PxP to be had outside some scraps here and there? Worst resource squeeze so far in the history of the game.

6/8/21: See page three of this thread. Easily one of the worst of the year. Another Prime Pitcher that is nearly impossible to pull. Oh, did I mention there are still only scraps of PxP available?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Prev1345678

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    For diamond teams that care about winning games, chatwood is pretty good. Semi-related, but the foil pitcher(Musgrove) leaves much to be desired. Yikes @ the arm. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    To be clear, this excludes POTW boxes yes?  Because all of those are awful
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Well to be fair, they have been a gold mine for many diamond guys moving up. 50% pull rate (so it claims). Spend your gold on those boxes and specials and capping keepers becomes a breeze.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • HUGEPOOPSHUGEPOOPS Registered Users, Member 52 Posts
    DFBB said:
    For diamond teams that care about winning games, chatwood is pretty good. Semi-related, but the foil pitcher(Musgrove) leaves much to be desired. Yikes @ the arm. 
    I’m a diamond. Chatwood is the only 5 star I’ve pulled and he’s also the only one that would benefit my team
  • HUGEPOOPSHUGEPOOPS Registered Users, Member 52 Posts
    I was excited when I pulled chatwood🤣
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited April 2021
    I was excited when I pulled chatwood and I’m silver 🤣
    It’s a shame potw is not what it used to be... years ago you could land a potw and be set for the week  Tuesday through Thursday. You really didn’t need to chase other players but back then there weren’t new boxes daily and sets. Always looked forward to the potw box would check mlb.com and see who won then decide if they benefited my team and if they didn’t I’d buyem anyway lol to contribute. 
    Now potw is just lost in the mix of the other zillion boxes and bonus players. Landing a potw now does really nothing to help you contribute unless they are part of a set they are useless to me. 😔 unfortunately. 
    Too many damn bonus players glu and limit the sets. Jeez 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Also I’m going with the long sleeve slingers box from last week as the official worst box of the year..based simply on ugliness... what a stupid ugly graphic that was 🤨 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Don't worry,  there will be some multiple selections of boxes that have to do with body hair in some fashion or another 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @mythicaldragon you hit the nail on the head. I used to get every POTW for club points. I dont believe that a bought a POTW in 20 and highly doubt if I buy any this season. I got a few freebies last year and they stayed at b1. 
  • bigmeatpetebigmeatpete Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    edited April 2021
    Maybe I'm clueless but I actually like the POTW boxes. At least you get a player that helps you the entire week. Even if its not a 50% like it claims you can normally pull them within reason compared to spending mountains of gold on the regular boxes. I'm also a 3* gold team so fairly casual player.
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Bought 3 POTW boxes this morning and struck out on all three. Crap like that encourages me to play (and spend) less, not more.
    It depends on how you play the game. If you’re silver then you’re typically not grinding out bonus games like you would be at higher levels. Bgs are where they are great for club points 

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Aside from foolishly chasing Romo (SR) a few weeks ago, I’ve not bought ANY boxes, nor will I do so with this garbage being offered. Im fine where I am, but playing much differently than most.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    dkarski87 said:
    Well to be fair, they have been a gold mine for many diamond guys moving up. 50% pull rate (so it claims). Spend your gold on those boxes and specials and capping keepers becomes a breeze.
    This is a solid strategy. IMO, The 250g boxes(on the weekend, also gets discounted) is a bit more ideal because on top of the xp(via repulls; 65% player rate), you will get some 'quality' players too. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    lower players tho. 5s players in POW box have a much better return on BXP if thats your primary goal.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    These new kids on the block boxes do not have “the right stuff”. 

If you already got Albies, the other 2B is worthless. 
    dkarski87 said:
    lower players tho. 5s players in POW box have a much better return on BXP if thats your primary goal.
    For pure xp, I'd agree with you.
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    If you already got Albies, the other 2B is worthless. 
    if I ever want to try to beat WoH again, I'll take all the LHB I can get. 
  • LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    POTW is a joke, as many others have said already and I’m done buying them and most other boxes for at least another month, it’s just not worth it. I’ve purchased 16 POTW boxes so far this season and that has yielded 2 players and 14 other boxes filled with junk. 50% chance is a freaking lie and we all know it now. Yermin Mercedes who I got most recently is leveled up and boosted to level 7 and to show for it he...has a .920 OPS. Not exactly what I was expecting considering it took 6 boxes to get him and many other resources to level/boost him. Btw that puts his stats last on my team so it’s not like I even gained a long term starter for my team. I’ve been a diehard player since 2015 and I think I’m finally burning out. Just not as fun as it used to be, several of my longtime teammates are feeling the same. We know it’s coming but the first several months of each new season are so horrible. Box odds are atrocious, prizes for events and CvC still only give crappy amounts of pxp and insultingly low cash (seriously wtf?), nothing about it has been enjoyable this season and I’m starting to play less and less.
    Preach on brother
  • bigmeatpetebigmeatpete Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    Surprised nobody here has nominated the JR day boxes yet
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    bigmeatpete said:
    Surprised nobody here has nominated the JR day boxes yet
    sure ill nominate them
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Just like everything with this game, things are constantly getting worse not better. Today’s “worst boxes yet” will become tomorrow’s “second worst boxes.”
  • clemente72clemente72 Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    Well everyone should have 2b covered now anyway.  
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Voila! Pure garbage. Well done Glu 🤮
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
     I keep waiting on the box to say april fools
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    Voila! Pure garbage. Well done Glu 🤮
    If 500g/box, double skills, and same odds, I'd like them. As is, no interest unless you're chasing sets. 
    edited April 2021
    Yah wtf is that? 3% pull rate and 1 skill. All needed for bonus sets too. This new bonus player schedule stinks, imo. There are now more players to acquire and level, not less. And there were already far too many as it were.

EDIT: How long will these players be good for? Just today? No thanks.
    There are 3 first basemen - Walsh, Freeman, Lowe. Also, Mercedes is a DH so 2 of the 4 will be useless.

What in the *** are they doing???
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Yah wtf is that? 3% pull rate and 1 skill. All needed for bonus sets too. This new bonus player schedule stinks, imo. There are now more players to acquire and level, not less. And there were already far too many as it were.

EDIT: How long will these players be good for? Just today? No thanks.
    It’s terrible. They can try to pass off the “week long” bonus player as a positive but it’s nonsense. As we all expected they just made it to where they can add yet another box filled with temporary(and terrible) bonus players. Every set today requires a new player from this box. Which also means the next box tomorrow will have degrom and I’m sure others. It’s really kind of sad they tried to package this as a positive but all they did was try to exploit it even more. ATG odds for bxp foils and even more bonus players, I’m glad they listen to their players and vip council and made the game more expensive. That’s definitely what we pushed for.