Killer deal on this special!

forcyzzforcyzz Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
Regardless how you feel about the game this is a great deal by @Glu ! Can’t wait to burn through them this week

Comments

• forcyzzforcyzz Registered Users, Member 32 Posts

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    To quote @tshea510..... Blue is that you?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I would never pay actual money to buy games.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I would never pay actual money to buy games.
    That’s 100% your choice and I respect that, but just because you don’t want to spend money doesn’t mean other people can’t! :) 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I didnt say you couldn't lol
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    They have devalued gold so much that bonus are worth more now 🙄
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    These kinds of posts don't help your case in getting VIP btw. If you buy that special about 20 times tho im sure that will help you get it, otherwise these kinds of posts are mute.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    I think ole 9 posts is a while away...
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

This one gets 5 out of 5 GLUies.

We need more content like this on this forum. Keep up the good work.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Spend another 20$
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    here is why this deal isn’t a killer deal. 

Last week there was a pop up offer for the same price. The offer included 8,000 gold, several X-factor boxes, and a couple other bits and bobs. Then, on top of it, it was a club gift bundle which gave everyone in the club another 1,000 gold. 

The value of those 360 bonus games, in gold from playoff wins at diamond, is roughly 2500-3000. 

Pop up value deal- 9,000 gold plus 
    this deal- 5500-6,000 gold

• buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Now THAT’S a good deal! I would buy that if this game wasn’t so determined to piss me off.
  • jwehnerjwehner Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    Still can’t convince me to spend anymore than that first 1.99. Good luck trying tho Glu!!!
    2020KC said:
    I think ole 9 posts is a while away...
    You forgot the part where I’m allowed to post what I want, when I want! :)
    here is why this deal isn’t a killer deal. 

Last week there was a pop up offer for the same price. The offer included 8,000 gold, several X-factor boxes, and a couple other bits and bobs. Then, on top of it, it was a club gift bundle which gave everyone in the club another 1,000 gold. 

The value of those 360 bonus games, in gold from playoff wins at diamond, is roughly 2500-3000. 

Pop up value deal- 9,000 gold plus 
    this deal- 5500-6,000 gold

I totally agree! If you can’t win your bonus games 🤣 Luckily for me I’m winning at least 90%+ of my bonus games, and at the point of purchase I had none left. So yeah $27.99 for gold and 360 bonus games is a pretty good deal. Yes you can grind all day and just earn them for free, but why would I if I want to spend some money for some extra AllStar tickets towards 11? Even in the store 10 bonus games is 250 gold. 250 gold x 36 = is 9000 gold worth of bonus games; on top of the 3000 it gives you with the special. That’s 12000 gold now... now if you go to purchase gold that’s around $150 for 12000 gold worth, In which I only spent $27.99 :):):) KILLER DEAL QUIT BEING HATERS
    I think we just have different opinions of what a killer deal is. 
    I think we just have different opinions of what a killer deal is. 
    I’m sure we do, but to think it’s not a killer deal regardless is preposterous.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I think the OP is getting what they wanted out of this post regardless of what you think about the deal
    I think the OP is getting what they wanted out of this post regardless of what you think about the deal
    I’m gold and not ready to move to platinum. I have loads of time with the event selection for today, and tomorrow.  Honestly can use a little something to pass the time. 
    I’m gold and not ready to move to platinum. I have loads of time with the event selection for today, and tomorrow.  Honestly can use a little something to pass the time. 
    I respect that, nothing against it! I have loads of time as well, but last year I only made it to diamond 3 I’m pretty sure and I want to just keep building and flying through divs whilst enjoying the game :)
    I always love a good debate.  I once too bought a gold bundle that had a load of bonus games (I think it was about half of this bundle exactly across the board).  I was about to move into diamond and wanted a load of games to start with, because tournaments are awful when you first move to diamond.  

Different bundles target different players in the game.  Very few work across the board.  In my opinion, those that get players who are bronze all the way though diamond to buy are the "killer" deals.  This one just isn't that
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    It's just a shìtty deal. If you need the BGs, just pound out woh level 1 over and over.  It's one thing to pay to compete, but it's another to pay to play.  
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    It's just a shìtty deal. If you need the BGs, just pound out woh level 1 over and over.  It's one thing to pay to compete, but it's another to pay to play.  
    That's all that needed to be said!
  • clemente72clemente72 Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    Pour a couple of drinks and all the deals get that much more appealing...............or so I’ve heard.  
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Pour a couple of drinks and all the deals get that much more appealing...............or so I’ve heard.  
    unfortunately that's how the road to VIP begins  :#
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    edited April 2021
    Compared with last year, when 200g/$ was good, it’s a good deal. These things are relative though. Truth is, spending that on this game is still ridiculous. One who pledged not to spend this year gave in and bought one. I resisted the temptation. Still chipping in but spending my time, and money, on other things. 

Speaking of great ‘deals’ why not use up your resources on the EB today. 100k points gets you 300 gold and now useless draft picks. Slog your way up to 5m and get a huge 787 xp. Some great drugs being used at Glu Towers.