Honesty is the best policy. What is your opinion on TSB21? Curious!

forcyzzforcyzz Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
How do you feel about this years TSB21? Better than 20? If Glu looked at this, what could we say to try to help make the game better and grow the community? 🧐
Prev1

Comments

• 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    School Must be out early today.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I say it's time for a boomer nap. Good day, everyone!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I’m thinking less trolls on the forum trying to get a VIP badge would be nice.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Considering I’m at gold, with keepers and my legend maxed with capped skills and just played WOH for an hour before I finally broke through level 2.10, it sucks right now. They do an awesome job of frustrating their customers. So they get an A+ for that!!
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Frustrating customers is central to Glu’s business model: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/10/121009111233.htm.
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    buddydave said:
    Frustrating customers is central to Glu’s business model: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/10/121009111233.htm.
    As someone who would gamble fairly large amounts, I can confirm this is the mentality 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    SUCKS!!!!!
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    It’s bad. As someone who plays the game to stand a chance at WOH, and builds a team for it, it offers nothing. I got to the last round ince (on a 3 level event) and it crashed. 

If I go gold, I’ll run out of resources. On the plus side, not  giving a damn means no temptation to spend. 
    buddydave said:

I'm the opposite. After having played this game at every level, I know ahead of time the aspects of it that I enjoy the most are flat out rigged, especially WoH. My capped gold team with capped skills can get to 4.10, only to either have the game crash, or just watch 18 pitches (after video reboots) go into the stands and are called strikes.

When you consistently lose that way, and you understand how/why you are losing, it has become easier to quit spending.  Still at 1.99 for the year and have no plans at all to spend another penny.

Also, it is now pointless to chase a player. They will release another one like it within a day bc of their greed with the sets. Yesterday is a great example of how stupid this has become.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    buddydave said:
    As someone who would gamble fairly large amounts, I can confirm this is the mentality 
    You said "gamble". You have my attention now 😉
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    buddydave said:

I'm the opposite. After having played this game at every level, I know ahead of time the aspects of it that I enjoy the most are flat out rigged, especially WoH. My capped gold team with capped skills can get to 4.10, only to either have the game crash, or just watch 18 pitches (after video reboots) go into the stands and are called strikes.

When you consistently lose that way, and you understand how/why you are losing, it has become easier to quit spending.  Still at 1.99 for the year and have no plans at all to spend another penny.

Also, it is now pointless to chase a player. They will release another one like it within a day bc of their greed with the sets. Yesterday is a great example of how stupid this has become.

Then you probably don’t have a gambling problem. This game isn’t  targeted at us. 

Whether we enjoy the game or not or spend our paltry few dollars or not is completely irrelevant to Glu.
  • BwianmanBwianman Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    After this crap just a few minutes ago, it sucks.
  • DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts
    Seems like torture some days so far for non spenders. 
    I’m a Gold Non-VIP/Big Spender that used to love WoH and play in club so try help out all events not just solo do WoH. 
    Here’s the most frustrating stuff so far: 

-WoH is insane vs 20. I loved WoH since it was released. The one problem with 20 was reward player always nerfed and big nerf like 15-20 points on max overall that it wasn’t like previous versions where u got the cycle the player was a starter not just useful on Monday & Tuesday then trade in well that’s still the case plus the difficulty seems to have been turned up even with batter maxed , skills and level 5 WoH xfactor hitting weak pop ups and more ground outs this year. Seems they have the 1B and 3B covering lines unlike previous years not getting the hits down the line as they go right to 1B/3B . Another difference is I notice last year got solid line drive see it’s beyond CF usually it’s HR or drops in behind but now out of nowhere the LF/RF are there already at wall for easy out somehow out running CF then enough time stop and catch ball not even on a run .. 

-The Biggest is Matchups /Team Strength: is all backwards as we had posted week or so ago about mechanics backwards I thought it was crazy idea but then realize something is up as you are losing not just BGs but now also Tournaments & Prime games to teams with 10k+ lower team strength as I checked before matchup and after and does change but not by 10k only usually see maybe +/- 1k in the post game vs team strength so no idea what’s point of it if it’s not reliable yet they have it all over profile , club , etc. Many in my club have totally quit game or left and said hope fixed they come back month or so if better . 

-Sets have become too big for events . The game used to be fun when you chase one big player and when you pull him you got top bonus points for event and we’re able to compete by grinding the event . Now greed has gone overboard and you could say for example pull M.Betts foil guy for this weekend best guy but then realize he’s only 1/3 of a set and really need a set minimum of two players up to 3 players to really put up the same points that used to be same as the top player got in pre set versions.  Now you spent bunch of gold get Betts but now need to pull the best guy from 250 box and best guy from 500 box to make a set like you didn’t already use luck by pulling Betts .. Then have the greed / spending aspect of some sets need to buy a player at $15-$20 as the only way to get pitching set and hope club had a good rally to get rally sp .
    I know be unpopular opinion going vs Vip/Spenders but sets have just set it up you need to spend to get a set of need to spend to complete a set that they put the 3 toughest odds to pull in one set . The bonus is also messed up as pulling SP Kikushi from 500 box only get 25k/k bonus vs buying Rodon gets 35k/k . I don’t get why they moved away from bigger bonuses from top guys pulled vs buying your way through events as buying guy you also get gold, shot at SP set, plus 10k better regular bonus . I think the balance would be better by grouping sets better like Rally guys together as a set , Players you can buy as a set then a set of Only Players from the event boxes and guess 5k fan rewards so if you do Rally you get rewarded, if wanna buy then get your set and if don’t spend and maybe not big on rally still compete with set don’t gotta spend . 

Thought about stopping earliest ever in a version this year as normally it’s still new and figuring stuff out but this year seems different more friends and players chats/forums have quit or took a break already. Think only thing hoping help game is EA actually takes over and maybe sees all the negative comments and try put pressure for Glu team to fix the problems at least for early part of takeover as they wanna start off on good standing with customers again hopefully . Think guys in club played with since last year or longer is why still playing not much to do with anything Glu has done in game as Rally not that impressive and pitching mode still no word on when active 

• LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    I’m taking off the rest of the month for everything you said and more. We’ve come to accept that they will make changes from year to year but these should be minor and not affect overall game play. I think most of us have accepted that this game is a complete money grab geared toward the top 5% who spend big money on this game no matter what. But now they are losing everyone else because the joy has completely been removed unless you’re spending big bucks. I’ll come back in May and see if anything is better, if not I’ll find something else to do in my free time. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I can’t understand the complaining about sets. Glu gave us 18 different sets to choose from yesterday. That’s a lot of options(sarcasm in case you couldn’t tell). Woh seems extremely difficult based on my experience, my club members, global chat and the forum.  I’ve determined that stadium will be my only purchase this year but have not yet determined if I will finish the season. 
    Also, losing prime games which I usually have a 30k TS advantage is very puzzling. showing the other teams pitcher/level as in the past might help me to figure out why I lose these games. 65k silver team playing 35k gold teams? Maybe but I don’t know 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    One word to sum it up, HORRIBLE! I don't care 2020 2021 2022 ect ect ect... Were, are and will always be horrible!
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Bwianman said:
    After this crap just a few minutes ago, it sucks.
    Did somebody say rigged boxes?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • HUGEPOOPSHUGEPOOPS Registered Users, Member 52 Posts
    I’ve spent over 25k gold and haven’t pulled a 5 star hitter 🤣
    The RNG today at gold is brutal. Just brutal. Get to 5.10 and just cheats over and over and over. I’ve only gotten one cycle in and it was the same situation. Just sucks the fun out of the game. 

The RNG today at gold is brutal. Just brutal. Get to 5.10 and just cheats over and over and over. I’ve only gotten one cycle in and it was the same situation. Just sucks the fun out of the game. 
    Yeah you pretty much have to be diamond. I’ve just had to keep cycling to level up Correa since I haven’t been able to pull a 5star hitter
    Well, that's the issue, IMO. Yesterday I had minimal troubles using the same lineup, boosts, etc.  Today, it's all different. I was curved out on 3.10 earlier. Time to just quit for the rest of the day and try again tomorrow. Idiots at GLU would have me on the game all day if it weren't for this.

Haven’t made it past level 2 at silver. Doc I agree-Glu is constantly limiting my PT
    @HUGEPOOPS I would give you my Mookie if I could. LHP is about the worst skill imo
    @2003cobra I wish haha. I’ve been getting pretty shafted the past couple weeks so I might take some time off 
    I saw that you spent 25k gold chasing a hitter. I think that it’s way too early to chase players. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Horrible?!?🤷
  • jwehnerjwehner Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    Honestly...I can’t play through all the crashes. It’s getting easier and easier to just not log on. Its a shame too I really enjoyed this game, but I just don’t feel it anymore. Not getting rewards plus the dumping me off every single time I log on, it’s just too much.
    Pick Em crashes the game

• ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    🐂💩 triple decker sandwich