Todays pickem ?

spotspot Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
What would be a derby downer? Losing in the final?? So yyy or yny?

Comments

• sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    spot said:
    What would be a derby downer? Losing in the final?? So yyy or yny?
    It’s either an extremely offensive term that should not be used in public or it is a term used by people who have never watched an inning of baseball. It may be both, but I can’t confirm because no one in the history of the world has ever used that term before today. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

So I'm in a group that contacted CS. GLU's definition of a Derby Downer, according to one CS rep, is not hitting a HR during the derby.  Too bad they didn't define that.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    So since cs told you that it must be yes. As they are always wrong
  • spotspot Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    A lot of people on global are saying yyy , this blows ! Way to be confusing glu ! 2 nd question can be argued either way !!
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    the question is to vague.  Maybe he did HR derbys when he was 12 and couldn't hit the dam ball? It doesn't state MLB DERBY or anything of that nature. Should be Y/N for that one. Just dont mess up his bday and you should be fine lol.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • spotspot Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    Lol i agree
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Maybe they will give us credit for either answer. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    The right thing to do is to award both Y and N for that second question. Hopefully they do. I’m not quite sure why they would put the question the way they did. Lots of players who have watched baseball for years and no one knew what the term “derby downer” meant. Anyone who claims they did is a liar. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Gonna guess it refers to the epic HR derby battle he had with Vlad a couple years ago.   Sure it could have been worded better but yeah
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited April 2021
    dkarski87 said:
    the question is to vague.  Maybe he did HR derbys when he was 12 and couldn't hit the dam ball? It doesn't state MLB DERBY or anything of that nature. Should be Y/N for that one. Just dont mess up his bday and you should be fine lol.
    This. It’s obv a freebie. 

Edit: I take it back. Cost me 1k gold cause I shuffled patches. 😢
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    dkarski87 said:

You must be crushing the pickem. I got lucky in that it was one I needed for the bash set so I stuck with it. But I’ve only had 4 correct pickems so most any patch helps me.
    sullipa8 said:
    DFBB said:
    dkarski87 said:

You must be crushing the pickem. I got lucky in that it was one I needed for the bash set so I stuck with it. But I’ve only had 4 correct pickems so most any patch helps me.
    I’ve been lucky, but I’ve complained that they’re far too difficult. It’s basically a 3 team parlay and I would never shuffle in those situations. The ones I care about are the bg and woh set. I got the bg set without shuffling so yeah, insane luck in of itself. 
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    edited April 2021
    I didn't see was it spelled Debby or DFBB?

had to....
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    2020KC said:
    I didn't see was it spelled Debby or DFBB?

had to....
    It was spelled Derpy. 
  • MoenPOSMoenPOS Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    I went with Y. My guess is that a derby downer means a significant drop off in performance after the derby. I read Joc had 20 HR’s before the derby but only 6 after🤷🏼‍♂️

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    So they were all freebies today-nothing to complain about