Prime games

2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
Is it just me or have others experienced difficulty winning prime games? I’m at silver and hit the bg wall at 1500 games played-which I expected. My TS is 70k with all upgrades maxed and a roster full of 300+ players. Most of my hitters pennants are maxed-which I’m not sure if that really matters. Last year 1000 prime game winning streaks weren’t unusual now I’m around 60% winning percentage on prime games. I’m usually 25-30k TS advantage but still not winning. When I look up the opposing team it’s usually some crappy gold team. Is this due to a different rng formula or is it still too early to tell? If I can’t win prime games,bgs,tourneys or beat woh at silver what’s the use of playing(I’m not going diamond) if it’s glu’s way of saying that we don’t like silver teams then peace the f*** out 

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I don’t get how people haven’t connected these dots. 

“Prime games now count for division wins!!!!”

“Why can’t I win any prime games?”  

On the bright side, Chad has learned from his first internship to not send 15,000 gold as a gift. 

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    @Bigpredfan, exactly.  We play the exact same matchups in Prime as we do in BGs.  Just use whatever multiplier is best. It will get easier as the season goes on. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    It’s a joke honestly, I’m constantly losing to teams that have a little more than half of my team strength. Why even have a team strength number if it doesn’t mean anything or legitimately factor into whether or not you beat your opponent??? Yeah I know the typical CS response is “team strength is only one of several factors that is used to determine matchups..” blah blah blah. But the problem with that is no one knows what the other factors are and they won’t tell you. My team is maxed out at upgrades, skill players are leveled up until PXP is needed, pretty much everything that is able to be done! Yet still losing to joke teams on a regular basis, so I’m done spending money on something that isn’t enjoyable and haven’t spent a penny in a month. They think this plan will force players to get frustrated enough to start forking over cash hand over fist to remain competitive, unfortunately for them they’re underestimating people like me who will just quit playing instead. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Daniel you’re right. I put 2&2 together and came up with 3.5. I realize that they count as division wins but that doesn’t mean that they have to be a joke. If they want us to lose more games then give me different matchups-ones that I expect to lose to. I shouldn’t lose to teams with half of the TS as me.  
    2003cobra said:
    Daniel you’re right. I put 2&2 together and came up with 3.5. I realize that they count as division wins but that doesn’t mean that they have to be a joke. If they want us to lose more games then give me different matchups-ones that I expect to lose to. I shouldn’t lose to teams with half of the TS as me.  
    Did @dkarski87 teach you math?  

For what it is worth, I have not had any real problems still winning games (gold, 86K TS, 1850 games played) I do not want to play them as much as possible, but do sometimes for the points. 

I can’t remember who taught me math but it was definitely somebody from the forum. Are you still silver? I played 86 bonus games to help get top tier Wednesday and won less than 25. I knew that I would lose the majority of them but everybody else tapped out. Just give me tougher matchups so it at least makes sense. They could also automatically put us in a higher tier when we reach a certain number of games. Maybe force us up when we get to a certain TS. I know that people don’t want to be forced to level up but continually losing games that make no sense isn’t any fun either 
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    I went platinum this week. 108K team strength. All hitters capped all pitchers capped. Everything was awesome for first 500 bonus games. Literally won like 200 games in a row after I first jumped. 
    Then.....
    They flipped the switch on me late last night - right around the time I passed the 4000 win mark. Suddenly I went from winning every game - to being matched up with diamond teams 20-30k stronger than me. Lost 15 of 20 games - badly. I mean WTF is this? I staved up resources for weeks, spent a few dollars on a Field Pass....and I'm able to win games for 2 whole days.....total bowl-sheet.........Nearing the walk away point now.
    2003cobra said:
    I can’t remember who taught me math but it was definitely somebody from the forum. Are you still silver? I played 86 bonus games to help get top tier Wednesday and won less than 25. I knew that I would lose the majority of them but everybody else tapped out. Just give me tougher matchups so it at least makes sense. They could also automatically put us in a higher tier when we reach a certain number of games. Maybe force us up when we get to a certain TS. I know that people don’t want to be forced to level up but continually losing games that make no sense isn’t any fun either 
    Gold. I pick and choose when I play. Wednesday my club hit tier 5. Yesterday I got the pitcher and had Mookie and I waited for the X16 for bonus games. Averaged around 11 mil per game and tiered out in about 40 games. 

I know I can’t keep tapping games without leveling up without expecting the results to change in a negative way. I’ll be platinum after next weekend when I can cap my 3 keepers and ML, and maybe more depending on how this week goes. 
    @bobdylan_fan that kinda validated my point. It seems that Glu only wants diamond players( which I can understand) because they spend way more time and money in this game that those at lower tiers. The problem is that not everybody wants to dedicate as much time and money to a phone game as other people do. They have 5  tiers and all 5 should be able to be somewhat enjoyable not just stepping stones to make us spend our resources to get to diamond. 
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    oh...and another thing....if any of you think that jumping to platinum with a capped lineup will help your Extra Bases results....not so much....
    I've gone from rounds of 0 and 10 at gold...to rounds of 250 and 500 at platinum. So it still blows, too.
    edited April 2021
    2003cobra said:
    @bobdylan_fan that kinda validated my point. It seems that Glu only wants diamond players( which I can understand) because they spend way more time and money in this game that those at lower tiers. The problem is that not everybody wants to dedicate as much time and money to a phone game as other people do. They have 5  tiers and all 5 should be able to be somewhat enjoyable not just stepping stones to make us spend our resources to get to diamond. 
    I view the tiers like I view the places my wife and I have lived. 

Just married (bronze). We lived in a man’s from our church’s basement. 500 square feet. We had a couch, table, kitchen, one bathroom and one bedroom. We had just enough, and the price was just 1/3 of the utilities. Cheap, but it wouldn’t provide us what we wanted long term. 

6-months married (silver). 1100 square foot apartment. Gained an extra bedroom and some more space. But we still couldn’t have a grill and didn’t have room for kids. 

1-10 years married (gold/platinum).  1334 square foot house. 3 bedroom/2 bath house with a yard. Now we could have kids and grill. Also gained a 2-car garage. 

10+ years (diamond). 3190 square foot house. 4 bedroom/3 bath house. Gained a bonus room as well that is big enough for a pool table and seating area. 

I don’t think you can expect to stay silver and have the room for a pool table.  Silver teams can have some of what the diamond teams have, but you cant have kids/grill/pool table in an 1100 square foot apartment. You’ve gotta move up to have everything you want. 
    In a very weird way you are right. That’s why when people are tired of the large (diamond)house they move into condos-kinda like silver in your example. Plenty of financial experts say that it’s financially smarter to live in an apartment and invest the money that you save by not having a large(diamond) house. I guess that I dont want to live in Glus neighborhood and I wouldn’t be surprised if many others moved out. This really hits home since I just moved out of a “diamond” house to live a simpler and much cheaper(gold)  life-in real life not TSB life. This allows for more mo way to go into the 401k and not glu’s pocket 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited April 2021
    Prime games are the same difficulty as they are every year at this time but nowhere near as hard as bgs. Will get easier as the season goes on if you stay with the curve... same as every year. 
    2003cobra said:
    In a very weird way you are right. That’s why when people are tired of the large (diamond)house they move into condos-kinda like silver in your example. Plenty of financial experts say that it’s financially smarter to live in an apartment and invest the money that you save by not having a large(diamond) house. I guess that I dont want to live in Glus neighborhood and I wouldn’t be surprised if many others moved out. This really hits home since I just moved out of a “diamond” house to live a simpler and much cheaper(gold)  life-in real life not TSB life. This allows for more mo way to go into the 401k and not glu’s pocket 
    Oh I agree 100%. I loved living in that man’s basement in a weird way. The price was right and the living seemed a lot simpler. A lot easier to clean too. But I couldn’t have any houseguests over who could spend the night because we didn’t have a bedroom for them. It’s about what you choose. 

But if later in life I choose a condo (which I would love a downtown condo.), I wouldn’t be complaining that everything I want in there won’t fit. 
    Prime games are the same difficulty as they are every year at this time but nowhere near as hard as bgs. Will get easier as the season goes on if you stay with the curve... same as every year. 
    Knowing that are a longtime silver player I definitely respect your input but I certainly can’t remember ever struggling with prime games. I can’t even win 5 in a row. As Daniel  pointed out with them counting towards division wins this year I’m not sure if they will get any easier in 21. I’m in my 8th TSB season and I have never struggled to win games like this. I’m more mentally prepared to take an extended break from the game as opposed to going g back to diamond. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Knowing that are a longtime silver player I definitely respect your input but I certainly can’t remember ever struggling with prime games. I can’t even win 5 in a row. As Daniel  pointed out with them counting towards division wins this year I’m not sure if they will get any easier in 21. I’m in my 8th TSB season and I have never struggled to win games like this. I’m more mentally prepared to take an extended break from the game as opposed to going g back to diamond. 
    In previous versions, prime games would essentially turn into bgs(same pool of teams) once your streak hit 'x' number. For a long time, guys have wanted prime games to count towards d6(progression). The idea of it counting after a certain win streak was floated around, but I'm guessing that was probably complicated. Instead, all prime games now count towards progression. As a result, prime games took a bump in difficulty. That bump is negligible at higher tiers, but as your experience suggests, is noticeable at lower tiers. It will get easier in time simply because your team will get better at a much better rate than the tier 1 prime opponents. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    I would have loved this when I was diamond but when my best winning streak is 3-5 games it’s not very enjoyable right now 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    2003cobra said:

With the change of prime games counting towards division wins its more of a way of saying you can't have your cake and eat it too.  Because like most things, this was change geared towards diamond teams.  So when put like that I can understand the change in matchup difficulty from Glu perspective.    For someone that's been diamond the previous two years I get it and if I still played that way I wouldn't mind.   
    However since I don't play the game anymore I can see the other side of the coin which is another way to kind of push the lower tiers out.   
    2003cobra said:

With the change of prime games counting towards division wins its more of a way of saying you can't have your cake and eat it too.  
    I always eat my own cake. This phrase has never made sense to me. My birthday, my cake, my mouth. 
    @Mattattack pushing guys out is what will happen. But us guys at lower tiers mostly are big spenders so it shouldn’t hurt glu’s bottom line much. I basically see it as forcing us up or out soooooooo I’m thinking out is my path 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited April 2021
    2003cobra said:
    Tks buddy. Honestly I haven’t noticed a difference so far because its that time of year prime games are harder.. so it’s what I except. Maybe I haven’t noticed yet for that reason 🤷🏻‍♂️. I’m at just over 3k games played win percentage at 65% over half of my games played are bgs. Maybe as the season goes on and I stay with the curve I will notice prime games NOT getting easier or as easy last year. So far I see no difference. Will be fun to revisit this later in the year.  
    I think I ended up with around 90% win last season. We shall see 🍻 
  • jwehnerjwehner Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    Just move on out to the country will us hillbillies...the fresh air will do ya some good.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    @Mattattack pushing guys out is what will happen. But us guys at lower tiers mostly are big spenders so it shouldn’t hurt glu’s bottom line much. I basically see it as forcing us up or out soooooooo I’m thinking out is my path 
    Yea I hear ya.   The big spenders spend regardless, so I think trying to work more with the lower tiers should only benefit but easier said then done I suppose.