WOH mystery pop-up ?

ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
Can anyone clarify, Mr. @DFBB perhaps, if and when this shows up through day/weekend. Caught it a.m. today and poof it’s gone. Also any clue why clubWOH limited to 4ish days???

Comments

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Shows up for an hour when the long period multipliers change. Anybody have a chart ? 2.9 was a lefty which is not on any of the posted charts. Thx. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    edited April 2021
    It’s up now, but not really worth your time. I have my keepers fully maxed, pennants at 60, and used 80 gold boost and can’t score a run on 5.10. I’m not sure why it’s so hard for a reward of a bad box. 

And for anyone wondering, Strasburg is the pitcher on 3.8-3.10.
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    @COWPILEY
    lvl. 2 yesterday was RRRRLRRLLL
    (2.8-2.10 was all Quintana versions)

Agree that difficulty vs. rewards equation stinks, but that’s most aspects of what this game has morphed into. Almost no motivation to play anymore, yet still like WOH. Hate such short windows limiting play and with a vague shut-off time that loses progress made. Also, why is “club woh” limited to 4 days that always includes WOH Monday and Royale twice a month. Glu driving schedules with a MOBILE game that is now limiting play and completely ignoring purpose of on demand mobile gaming a user can theoretically play anytime and anywhere the user desires. Need a vid replay after surprising slider storm on lvl 1 or 2, forget it because you lose time and won’t have replay for inevitable lvl. 3 wipeout. Lastly, no prob with “speed” woh rounds in theory, yet maybe Glu could turn down their typical difficulty algorithms😂🤑😂
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited April 2021
    It's great if you're like me and enjoy spending hours of time, thousands of gold and many moments of frustration for a box you can just buy in the shop for 250 gold.
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Guess it ends at 8am pst... Tap to start 5.8, game restarts and WOH poof it’s gone. Is it too much to ask Glu post a schedule start/stop in messages, you know something current and relevant instead of stale .99 y’all and buy so and so useless player bs or most of the time seeing nothing at all. Oh yeah I’m supposed to turn on alerts and drop everything for this 💩show, that’s if alert even shows up
    👏👏👏 👋
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Its not worth it, with the newer pitchers. Even playing with a gold stat boost, and using boosts your not guaranteed to win in Diamond. Pretty frustrating. It takes you more in boosts and potential restart then the value of a 200g box. Another poor execution here, the same goes for the Thurs Multi Event pop WOH. They added Chap and Degrom as the last 2 pitchers and increased the run deficit on all scenarios making it impossible to do 10 cycles in 1hr. I flew as fast as I could autoplaying every round, even the losses with gold restarts and the best I could do is 7 in 1hr. And to make things even better, it resets your progress at the end of the hour so your progress doesnt carry over.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    It’s up now, but not really worth your time. I have my keepers fully maxed, pennants at 60, and used 80 gold boost and can’t score a run on 5.10. I’m not sure why it’s so hard for a reward of a bad box. 

And for anyone wondering, Strasburg is the pitcher on 3.8-3.10.
    Like most of the game, it's catered towards diamond players. On Friday night, I did the 10 cycles. Here were my results in a stat 10 club:

-Jt snow=3/8, all with the 40g boost
    -ML(vs rhp/1st pitch)=7/11, all with the 40g boost.
    -It took me about two hours to get 10 cycles
    -I paid for gold restarts at 3.10
    -Spent about 1500 gold and got back 23 boxes+ regular woh stuff(bgs/picks/cash)

I don't think it's worth it if you're not able to commit to the ten cycles. Even then, It's dicey because that time for those that can do it(diamond) can be used towards cycling d6. For example, I did ten on Friday night, but only did two on Sat night. In terms of difficulty, it's much tougher than anything we've ever had in '20. Speaking of which, even though Stras was at 3.8, 3.9, and 3.10, he was considerably much more difficult at 3.10 than 3.8 or 3.9. In the other rounds, I never boosted and rarely lost(maybe once or twice). At 3.10, I was barely 50% and that was with a gold boost. 

As mentioned previously, the 'pop up' WoH on Thursdays can be seen by simply looking at the timers(One hour at a time). On the multi weekends, It's overnight. I totally agree that a schedule should be listed. I mean, I get the novelty of a 'pop up,' but it's not a secret for those that are always on the app. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    As to the difficulty, something was fishy to be sure. It said Strasburg was a 137 stuff at gold. JT Snow for me is 296 with a video boost. But the game didn’t say you had a good hitting matchup. On 2.10, I had Davie Johnson at 293 and Quintana was 137 stuff, and it told me I had a good matchup at the start of the round. I’m sure they will say it’s just a display issue, but I think they ramped up the difficulty without showing you that they did. It was definitely more difficult than it’s been and not showing that we had a good matchup was the visual proof of the difficulty adjustment. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    As to the difficulty, something was fishy to be sure. It said Strasburg was a 137 stuff at gold. JT Snow for me is 296 with a video boost. But the game didn’t say you had a good hitting matchup. On 2.10, I had Davie Johnson at 293 and Quintana was 137 stuff, and it told me I had a good matchup at the start of the round. I’m sure they will say it’s just a display issue, but I think they ramped up the difficulty without showing you that they did. It was definitely more difficult than it’s been and not showing that we had a good matchup was the visual proof of the difficulty adjustment. 
    In terms of difficulty, I do think there are factors beyond what is shown. Semi-related: I do well in tourneys. When i lose, it's almost always in the finals. I don't think that's a coincidence. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    As someone who is trying to build XP, and WOH is a great way to do so, I haven’t even played round 1.1 once yet this weekend. 

Is it Diaz days bad?
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    no not that bad, but if you wanna play a WOH like that, Play the legend Tower in Rally. lol .... Its just like the diaz days.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Those Diaz days are what drove me to diamond for the first time. I decided to give up on WOH and instead just focused all my time elsewhere.