Dear Glu...

xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
Dear Glu,

When a maxed out Gold team loses repeatedly on WoH Warm-Up Level 2-5 that is NOT the proper incentive to encourage a player to spend more money.

Sincerely,
Everybody

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

4.10 is still rigged beyond belief for a maxed out gold closer as well.

Just farm double gold this week. More valuable in the long run than anything they will offer at this time.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts

Just farm double gold this week. More valuable in the long run than anything they will offer at this time.

So, you're going to farm gold for a game you hate- a game you find no enjoyment out of.  Then you will save a substantial amount of gold to then spend it on a single event. You will then likely fall 1 player short to completing the top set. Woh will still be "cheating you out", and the greed at Glu will make you resent spending $1.99. 
    Am I missing anything else?
    "If you can't beat them, report them"

No. Saving my gold for when ATGs and Legends come out.

Any other questions?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Any other questions?

Yes... Why?

A famous man by the name of Bobby Brown once said "It's my prerogative". Then he hit some crack and slapped the $hit out of his wife.

• xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Doc, saving your gold for ATGs and Legends will only lead to "rigged box" threads, we've all seen this film before.

I'm done farming gold, better things to do with my time.  Was left with 30K gold last year and spent it all chasing a 600 pitcher to bring to TSB21 as a keeper.  Failed at that.  

Decided this year to curb spending and play for fun.  WoH (as it is now) is not fun.  Grinding BGs is not fun and I don't want to go plat/diamond, because once you do, then it's more grinding BGs. 

Not complaining, this board has helped me realize the commitments (time and $) to play, and there's always the balsamic vinegar thread to enjoy.  

Oh OK. I broke down and spent 2500 gold to chase Freeman bc I need a 1B. Instead I got the pitcher 6 pulls in a row. No joke.

My three free boxes did get me Harper. So I'll stop spending now.

You're just like Whitney 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Did somebody say ri.... wait, got Harper for only 2500 gold?  Disregard
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts

So, you're going to farm gold for a game you hate- a game you find no enjoyment out of.  Then you will save a substantial amount of gold to then spend it on a single event. You will then likely fall 1 player short to completing the top set. Woh will still be "cheating you out", and the greed at Glu will make you resent spending $1.99. 
    Am I missing anything else?
    I feel like you missed a "frickery" in there somewhere, but otherwise well done. A-
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited April 2021

Any other questions?

Yes... Why?
    Literally responded the same way in my head when I read his question. 

Here's the bottom line: I spent to the 2500 level for fan rewards, got my standard collection of nobodies with a few shade-above-nobody in Tommy Pham (looking forward to the year Tommy Pham is actually good, cuz I get several of him every year). Ah well. Didn't spend cash, I'm just here for some entertainment. I'm not going to "win" anything. Neither are you. Even when you win, you aren't winning any more than you win by paying to watch a movie and finishing it. 

If you're living on that ".5% odds, I like my chances!" edge all the time, you're gonna be disappointed. I'm not sure it's the game's fault as much as it's yours. 
    You're just like Whitney 

Not really.

I've never done coke and I'm still alive.

You're just like Whitney 

Not really.

But you take a beating and keep coming back 
    We all do, you gorgeous stack of man sandwich.

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Wow! I am eating my four cheese cheez-it's, drinking a wild cherry Pepsi while reading this, can't get any better 😃
    And my newly-acquired Bryce Harper is killing WoH. 4.10 even commits errors to help you clear it. I'll actually get five cycles in today.

Hook, line, and sinker...
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    edited April 2021
    My WOH experience consists of manually playing until the app crashes too far along a level for me to want to start over. Then I do something more productive like twiddle my thumbs. 
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts

Got there twice. First time 90 feet away with just one out which, inevitably, bought out the curve balls and strike zone which included the batter’s box on both sides. 

Decided I couldn’t be arsed and did something more productive like picking fluff out of my belly button. 
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    You're just like Whitney 

Not really.

i used to snort coke..but the ice cubes would clog up the straw.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts

Any other questions?

I have one. 

How do you expect WOH to be doable in gold when you don’t spend gold for players and don’t spend cash for players and basically said you are waiting to spend any resources to get what you need to improve your team until June/July?

@Bigpredfan: See above. I broke down and spent gold. Got Harper, which was the key to getting through WoH for me. Ended up winning Freeman and the 3B Foil in CvC. Cycled five times and got my basically solo club fifth in just a couple of hours.

This ruins my schtick on here for a few days, but whatever.

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts

@Bigpredfan: See above. I broke down and spent gold. Got Harper, which was the key to getting through WoH for me. Ended up winning Freeman and the 3B Foil in CvC. Cycled five times and got my basically solo club fifth in just a couple of hours.

This ruins my schtick on here for a few days, but whatever.

I missed a few posts yesterday for sure. Moved to platinum and did my first cycle cap in a year. 

PS- it is so much easier in platinum. Just sayin. 
    I may go plat later in the year. I just know I won't go Diamond again. I don't have the time or money for it. I also know it isn't fun to play what I like below gold either. Gold or Plat from here on out.