Big update is now available!

Comments

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I still don’t see the update in the App Store so can’t complain about said update yet
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Think @dkarski87 is right, I must be a dipshit.  I keep checking to see if @drsmartassphd has whined yet.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    whynot said:
    Think @dkarski87 is right, I must be a dipshit.  I keep checking to see if @drsmartassphd has whined yet.
    That’s a different kind of dip. Unfun Dip. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    whynot said:
    Isn't it possible he's taking notes on how messed up the new game is, waiting to unleash it on the group?
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Thanks @Bigpredfan.  It would help a lot if you got more than one pass of the aiming cursor in each direction though.
    xracman said:
    Thanks @Bigpredfan.  It would help a lot if you got more than one pass of the aiming cursor in each direction though.
    What do you think this is?  Golf Clash?
    Cooz19 said:
    whynot said:
    Isn't it possible he's taking notes on how messed up the new game is, waiting to unleash it on the group?
    Gotta have 3 points for the 5 paragraph essay, at least from what I remember all those years ago. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Lots of strong opinions here and that’s cool. Obviously, some people are angry with the mini game, but it’s silly to assume that everyone is upset about it. In fact, for many, it’s the exact opposite. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Have y’all seen the cycle rewards for the new pitching tower?  

Placeholder.... 😬
    DFBB said:
    Have y’all seen the cycle rewards for the new pitching tower?  

Placeholder.... 😬
    That is what I assumed. Didn’t think we were getting a 360 and 410 player this weekend. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Lots of strong opinions here and that’s cool. Obviously, some people are angry with the mini game, but it’s silly to assume that everyone is upset about it. In fact, for many, it’s the exact opposite. 

It’s new and different-the first time that we’ve ever been able to pitch. Just like everything else in this game-if you don’t like it then don’t play it. I think that if people would practice then they might end up liking it. Either way we shouldn’t be so negative towards a new event that we haven’t even got to play yet. We still have 2 days to practice as much as we want and figure it out. It’s about paying attention to the pitch, predetermining how the pitch will move, where you want to place it and remember that sometimes it might be better to walk a guy than to give up a homerun 
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    i kinda dig it.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    edited April 2021
    2003cobra said:
    DFBB said:

It’s new and different-the first time that we’ve ever been able to pitch. Just like everything else in this game-if you don’t like it then don’t play it. I think that if people would practice then they might end up liking it. Either way we shouldn’t be so negative towards a new event that we haven’t even got to play yet. We still have 2 days to practice as much as we want and figure it out. It’s about paying attention to the pitch, predetermining how the pitch will move, where you want to place it and remember that sometimes it might be better to walk a guy than to give up a homerun 
    Dang, this is kind of embarrassing. I really should stop posting after my bedtime. Anyways, I was actually referring to the latest attempt to slow down autotappers. That said, 100% agree with eveything you said. Lol

The actual pitching mode now intrigues me. There’s an event scheduled so now, I feel like I can practice with a purpose. I messed with it last night and I’m really getting the hang of it. Def looking forward to see how things play out. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Sorry guys. Too early to know if I should whine yet. Things like this take time. A new event has to be analyzed to the point of insanity. If I figure out it is cheating, I'll call it out. So far I've had fun practicing. I'm assuming when there are better pitchers being used, pitch control will be better.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

edited April 2021
    Sorry guys. Too early to know if I should whine yet. Things like this take time. A new event has to be analyzed to the point of insanity. If I figure out it is cheating, I'll call it out. So far I've had fun practicing. I'm assuming when there are better pitchers being used, pitch control will be better.
    Yeah, we will be using our own pitchers. I could be wrong, but I think 'control' will actually matter('should' determine the speed of the cursor) and 'stuff' should be a very big deal. 
    I’m very curious on how leveled pitchers will differ from what we see now. 

Will there be more/less movement with the arm rating?  Will the bars move slower for pitchers with more control?  How could stuff affect this mode?
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Glu's biggest nigthmare has to be when they asked @drsmartassphd to send them videos.  Little did they know they would have to up their bandwitdh to respect his cinematic genius.

What's the benefit of the mini-game?  I think I saw gloves or something flash on the screen when I did one.   
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    It will be interesting for sure. I’ve practiced a few times so I feel confident that I can beat level 1. Lol
    xracman said:
    Glu's biggest nigthmare has to be when they asked @drsmartassphd to send them videos.  Little did they know they would have to up their bandwitdh to respect his cinematic genius.

What's the benefit of the mini-game?  I think I saw gloves or something flash on the screen when I did one.   
    It's an attempt to slow down auto tappers. The gloves you saw flashing were the gloves you'd normally get for playing a bonus game.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    DFBB said:

for someone that is basically in retirement mode right now, if the new mode actually played out like that it definitely would be more likely for me to play a little more.   Something that involves a little skill and strategy.  However are my hopes high?  Not really, but ill pay attention and give it a chance.
    soo I just found out that prime games don't count toward diamond cycles now?  that is a good reason to never go diamond.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    2020KC said:
    soo I just found out that prime games don't count toward diamond cycles now?  that is a good reason to never go diamond.

LOL pathetic.
    Major update everyone...taking away alot..but adding crap.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Prime games start counting after the 15th game now. Let’s see how much more they can take away. I guess those handful of free wins was to much go handle for them. 
    @jalapenocubbies After the 15th game? As in the 15th game in a streak, you mean?
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @jalapenocubbies After the 15th game? As in the 15th game in a streak, you mean?
    Lol. Spending 20 gold per division game sounds great!
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    This was talked about at the council last year. To be specific, that prime games after a certain win streak would then count towards progression(d6). However, they counted all prime games in '21 and even though it wasn't initially suppose to be that way. Imo, should've just left well enough alone. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Yes sorry should have specified. After a 15 game prime streak they count. Whether this was the intent or not they were counting all season to this point. Evidently the Handful of free wins was so detrimental to glus bottom line they had to make the change to stop the bleeding, also add more boxes every week to recoup what was lost. 
    I typically do 20 game streaks at a time, because you start to get bad matchups after about 20ish games and your bonus points suffer greatly. So making it kick in after 15 games just sort of ruins it for me. I'm not doing any 30, 50, 100, etcetera  game streaks, like ever.
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I typically do 20 game streaks at a time, because you start to get bad matchups after about 20ish games and your bonus points suffer greatly. So making it kick in after 15 games just sort of ruins it for me. I'm not doing any 30, 50, 100, etcetera  game streaks, like ever.
    Found this out. Deleted the app after. Sick of these dudes making changes to the game without telling anybody what's going on.