4-28-21: Pick'em Odds and Notes....

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
1)Giants: Win against the Rockies?

They let us(or just me) down last night, but again, they're a decent -149 favorite tonight. Marquez(Col pitcher) is pretty good, but once again, I gotta go with the favorites. I'm going with 'Yes.'

2)Astros: Win against the Mariners?

'Stros and Greinke are a huge -220 favorite. Def take the Astros and blame fate if you lose. 'Yes'

3)Mariners: 5 or more runs?

The Ms are projected to score less than 3.5 runs so it's pretty easy to go 'No' on this one.

Today, I'm half tempted to shuffle because #2 and #3 are heavily in your favor, but #1 makes me nervous.
If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Thanks bro!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    2 and 3 are easy believe me.  Yes and no.   Grienke blanked the Mariners about a week and a half ago.

I guess otherside of the coin is the bats have been struggling so maybe law of averages says they break out but i dont see it.
    1 I think is a true coin flip.   The Giants specifically the pitching have been playing above their heads.   The Rockies arent great but I think regression is coming for the Giants.  They were leading the MLB in WHIP going into last night so I dont think that's sustainable.
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Grienke was 2 Outs from a no-hitter VS M's at the end of 2019. They haven't improved that much since then. 
    fatDaddy said:
    Grienke was 2 Outs from a no-hitter VS M's at the end of 2019. They haven't improved that much since then. 
    True but remember Grienke is older and the trash can has been silenced. 🤣🤣
    - Blueleopard
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    whynot said:
    fatDaddy said:
    This is true. It's been 11 days since he shut them out for 8 innings. Father time can be swift!
    fatDaddy said:
     :'( 
    Welp....5th inning, Mariners 5-2. Fun times! lol
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yea tough one, but atleast we WON the VLAD one... YNN winner.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    whynot said:
    fatDaddy said:
    Half of that is correct and the other half, not so much...Greinke didn’t join the Astros via trade until 7/31/2019, so he wasn’t there for the trash can portion of the Astros’ elaborate cheating.  The trash can was possibly implemented at some point during 2016 and went through 2018.  During 2019, the Astros (knowing everyone had caught on to their trash can nonsense) then possibly implemented a clapping/whistling system for 2019 and supposedly a player worn buzzer.  FWIW, I don’t believe the buzzer is legit and I’m skeptical about the clapping/whistling — but those cheating douchebags definitely used the trash can.

Side note: I never wish injury upon any athlete, but I’m never sad (possibly a little happy from a karma perspective) when any of Altuve, Bregman, Correa, and especially Gurriel get hurt or fail.  Gurriel the most because not only did he cheat, but he also threw that racial slur at Darvish, so Gurriel is an extra special POS in my book.
    edited April 2021
    Tell us how you really feel @More2Most2First 🤣🤣

P.S.  Love how everytime I try to quote someone my post is held for approval.  Guess someone doesn’t like my battle against auto tappers 😇

- Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    Tell us how you really feel @More2Most2First 🤣🤣

P.S.  Love how everytime I try to quote someone my post is held for approval.  Guess someone doesn’t like my battle against auto tappers 😇

You were marked as spam. Something with an overused phrase. lol. I just unmarked you.
    Overused phrase???  Who me? 😇
    - Blueleopard
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    whynot said:
    Overused phrase???  Who me? 😇
    Did someone say...overused phrase? 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Dont forget- Were all in this together...
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • MoenPOSMoenPOS Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    🤞🏼 and cycle caaaaaaaappppp😎