Would you do this?

BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
I spend my gold on season mode.  I spend the 150 to play 8 games at a time.

I added up my games.  For me to complete a season before my FP expires, I would need to play 5 extra series.  This would be 1125 gold.  

So here is the question.

Would you spend 1125 to finish the season mode while you still have a 40% discount?  Essentially makes the 12,650 XP worth roughly 17,500 XP as I could use it before FP expires.  Already capped ML and 3 keeper bats, and am trying to cap keeper pitcher in platinum.

Would you do this? 21 votes

yes
19%
toddgurley30Ari4Phillyfmeyers0213IwannaFmydad 4 votes
no
80%
Grizzly99BigpredfanwhynotDFBBDantemavericksMulderken2003cobrabuddydavebobremsullipa8mythicaldragonThekid84jmsorioles33fatDaddyBigBibbins3332020KCscostello 17 votes

Comments

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    no
    I might be in the minority but 5k Xp adds up rather quickly even in silver. I value gold more since I’m not moving up through the ranks
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    i do free, 150, 225 and 300.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Ari4PhillyAri4Philly Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    yes
    I run thru a season per week as it is already . Have been for a couple years now . I believe the pennants help 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    no
    It all depends on how easy/quickly you can get gold. For me personally, I haven't fast played season mode all year and don't plan on doing it anytime soon(maybe when pxp is in seasonals). With royale coming up this weekend, you should be able to bank a good chunk of xp. In short, xp is considerably easier to get than gold.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    no
    DFBB said:
    It all depends on how easy/quickly you can get gold. For me personally, I haven't fast played season mode all year and don't plan on doing it anytime soon(maybe when pxp is in seasonals). With royale coming up this weekend, you should be able to bank a good chunk of xp. In short, xp is considerably easier to get than gold.
    Royale weekend is in my thoughts as well.  I plan to dabble in the pitching, but still mainly focus on WOH and try to cycle cap there.  I have roughly 7 more hours to decide if I am doing it or not.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    no
    Two questions that could change my answer to yes. 

1. Do you need the extra XP right now? 

2. Will you purchase field pass again?

if the answer to 1 is yes and the answer to 2 is no, then go for it. 

Otherwise, I’d not rush it. You will get plenty of XP over the next few days and especially on the weekend. So Id save the gold if it were me. However if you only use gold for season mode, then just keep using it for season mode and take the plunge. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    no
    DFBB said:
    Royale weekend is in my thoughts as well.  I plan to dabble in the pitching, but still mainly focus on WOH and try to cycle cap there.  I have roughly 7 more hours to decide if I am doing it or not.
    Or look at it this way. What else could you use the gold for? If you're planning on diamond anytime soon, imo, that gold would be MUCH better served towards upgrades. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    no
    sullipa8 said:
    Two questions that could change my answer to yes. 

1. Do you need the extra XP right now? 

2. Will you purchase field pass again?

if the answer to 1 is yes and the answer to 2 is no, then go for it. 

Otherwise, I’d not rush it. You will get plenty of XP over the next few days and especially on the weekend. So Id save the gold if it were me. However if you only use gold for season mode, then just keep using it for season mode and take the plunge. 
    Answer to 2 is no. Not until I move to diamond. At least a month. 

Answer to 1 is still kind of unknown. I won’t know what my XP situation is Friday morning until then. 

Rarely spend gold on boxes. Have roughly 13K right now. Mostly use it for season mode.  
  • bobrembobrem Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    no
    At the end of last year I tried to figure out if fast playing the season was worth it. This is what I came up with.
    No gold spent...32 rounds of 4 at 3/day takes 10.7 days. Rewards: 11,250 prime, 10k legend, 14k pennants, 56 evo  3 legend boxes.
    For 150 extra gold per round...32 rounds at 6/day takes 5.3 days totals 4,800 gold spent...rewards: 22,500 prime, 20k legend, 28k pennants, 112 evo  6 legend boxes. 4,800 gold spent every 5+ days is 28.8k gold  per month for 135k prime, 120k legend, 168k pennants.
    For 375 extra gold per round...32 rounds at 9/day takes 3.5 days totals 18,000 gold spent...rewards 33,750 prime, 30k legend, 42k pennants, 168 evo, 9 legend boxes.
    18,000 gold spent every 3.5 days is 153k per month for 287k prime, 255k legend, 357k pennants.
    Thats a lot of gold.
    no
    bobrem said:

Thats a lot of gold.
    But I still don’t have my “Yeah” sticker back........
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    no
    For 150 extra gold per round...32 rounds at 6/day takes 5.3 days totals 4,800 gold spent...rewards: 22,500 prime, 20k legend, 28k pennants, 112 evo  6 legend boxes. 4,800 gold spent every 5+ days is 28.8k gold  per month for 135k prime, 120k legend, 168k pennants.

This was my strategy when I was in diamond but not until lxp came out. Somebody smarter than me would have to figure out how much gold it would take to buy all of those resources. 
    no
    Appreciate all the feedback. I went with no as well. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Depends if you value pennants or not Daniel. I refuse to buy those pennant specials so I rather just play season mode for it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    I spend my gold on season mode.  I spend the 150 to play 8 games at a time.

I added up my games.  For me to complete a season before my FP expires, I would need to play 5 extra series.  This would be 1125 gold.  

So here is the question.

Would you spend 1125 to finish the season mode while you still have a 40% discount?  Essentially makes the 12,650 XP worth roughly 17,500 XP as I could use it before FP expires.  Already capped ML and 3 keeper bats, and am trying to cap keeper pitcher in platinum.
    I would have to ask the good Doc before I do anything. Gotta get permission first, I learned the hard way 😎
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I've been hearing lots of rumors that pennants dont matter at all. What I do know is that after 4000 games played (at platinum for me), is that, I have a capped 315 roster, and I'm 6/100 in BGs.  I'm routinely playing the same 3-5 teams that are Diamond teams with 150-+180k TS teams ...all of which have over 100k games played. Maybe not the right thread, but this is insane. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    no
    dkarski87 said:
    Depends if you value pennants or not Daniel. I refuse to buy those pennant specials so I rather just play season mode for it.
    I value pennants enough to go 450 gold a day. I do not look at any pennants in any bundles. 

This was about spending extra gold for the XP right before FP expires. I was honestly torn about it. After some thought and some input here, I decided that if I needed 5K more in XP I could spend a little gold and some cash in the player shop. I have 70 3.5 stars in silver or better inactive. 
  • clemente72clemente72 Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    edited May 2021
    To answer the question indirectly (hahaha).....FP is not a special purchase for me so I would not count XP used while FP was live as being “extra”.  I would however count XP used if I did not have FP as being wasted.  Illogical maybe.......that’s my view. 

I double up in season mode, always hit the 150 as my main goal is not xp (plenty of that on box repulls) but rather pennants which I am convinced make a real difference.  If I had more gold I’d 4 play every time but I’m settled on what I do as sustainable for my budget.