Bonus Players all Week***

jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
That news feed got some people excited but boy oh boy. 7 new player boxes in 4 days. That is absolutely ridiculous. 

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    And deGrom is purchase only. Spend $60 for what looks like roughly a 50/50 shot that you get him.

(disclaimer: I could be wrong and am not fully paying attention, but to me that looks like the only way to get him-- pay $60 and then hope you're lucky)
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    And deGrom is purchase only. Spend $60 for what looks like roughly a 50/50 shot that you get him.

(disclaimer: I could be wrong and am not fully paying attention, but to me that looks like the only way to get him-- pay $60 and then hope you're lucky)
    THIS! At least guarantee him at some point. Lord knows the pity timer on that bad boy would pay out the lowest player.
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Over 30 bonus players. This has got to be a new record
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yeap alot of people are pretty upset. Way to many players.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Glus consistent poor communication and this just drive me crazy. Introduce something that seems to benefit the players only to ultimately screw then over and make it worse. If you want to introduce more players fine, but maybe make an actual player gurantee that is worth a lick. There is not trust with this company at all. From that news feed which resulted in even more boxes to them trying to take away prime games counting as wins, this has been a terrible week. 

I’m not someone who thinks things should be free either. But eventually they need to stop alienating their customers. Or maybe they don’t I suppose and we have decide for ourselves if it’s worth it. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited April 2021
    And Joc isn’t one of them. How in the world did Glu pull that off 
    I honestly don't know how much more they could possibly monetize this game. They're really reaching at this point. I've thought they were playing with fire all along, and they seem to have lost a lot of the big fish in the last few/several months or so. Many of the changes they're making are more offputting than making me want to spend more money. I don't know that just doubling the number of bonus players really helps me want to spend.

If anything, this game is going down the same road that I feel Fishing Clash did. They added so much extra crap, the game became so complex it was nearly impossible to just play without worrying about a million little extra things every time you go to play the game. And it makes barrier of entry so high. New players see how complex the game is, and its overwhelming, and they don't make it too far past the tutorial before they decide its just too much for them.
    I read that they added extra carp and thought "how could adding fish make a fishing game worse?"

As someone who is focused on team building, I do not mind the extra boxes as much.  I have more selection.

As someone who busted it the last hour last night, and had a 1 bil lead on 11th with 10 minutes to go, only to see someone from Skykings (I hate ALL of them, yes ALL, you heard me you know who you are) blow past me and 4 other clubs, I hate it.  I had one set.  He must have had all of them.  
    Haha yeah if they just added some carp, that would be okay.
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I honestly don't know how much more they could possibly monetize this game. They're really reaching at this point. I've thought they were playing with fire all along, and they seem to have lost a lot of the big fish in the last few/several months or so. Many of the changes they're making are more offputting than making me want to spend more money. I don't know that just doubling the number of bonus players really helps me want to spend.

If anything, this game is going down the same road that I feel Fishing Clash did. They added so much extra crap, the game became so complex it was nearly impossible to just play without worrying about a million little extra things every time you go to play the game. And it makes barrier of entry so high. New players see how complex the game is, and its overwhelming, and they don't make it too far past the tutorial before they decide its just too much for them.
    Its extremely overwhelming. Just looking at the bonus player screen is enough to cause a migraine. If I was a new player coming into this game, I'd delete it pretty quickly. I normally spend daily to get the sets, but its been the complete opposite this week. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I honestly don't know how much more they

feels like we say this a lot and it always gets worse eventually. This week is a new low to me. Part of it is because they set an expectation of “week long bonus players”. Which they technically didn’t lie, but releasing 5 more boxes on top of those and 30+ players in a week, yet again they have shown they are always ok with letting their players down. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    And Joc isn’t one of them. How in the world did Glu pull that off 
    In other words, they're all "Not Joc"
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I read that they added extra carp and thought "how could adding fish make a fishing game worse?"

As someone who is focused on team building, I do not mind the extra boxes as much.  I have more selection.

As someone who busted it the last hour last night, and had a 1 bil lead on 11th with 10 minutes to go, only to see someone from Skykings (I hate ALL of them, yes ALL, you heard me you know who you are) blow past me and 4 other clubs, I hate it.  I had one set.  He must have had all of them.  
    Did somebody say bring cool down back?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:

Oh not at all. 

I’ve been on both sides of that coin. Just that one set used to mean you were in a really good position. It doesn’t mean that anymore. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    whynot said:

Oh not at all. 

I’ve been on both sides of that coin. Just that one set used to mean you were in a really good position. It doesn’t mean that anymore. 
    This part of the game is unfortunate, but I have zero issues with the players doing what the game allows(and to an extent, promotes). The only way to counter it is to have cool down during event hours, but if they wanted to do that, I think they would've already done so. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    whynot said:

Oh not at all. 

This part of the game is unfortunate, but I have zero issues with the players doing what the game allows(and to an extent, promotes). The only way to counter it is to have cool down during event hours, but if they wanted to do that, I think they would've already done so. 
    I wasn’t trying to sidetrack this thread (I have had my solo club fill up with 19 diamond teams after a Thursday night cvc for a push, that’s how I have been on both sides of that coin), actually the opposite. 

More bonus players means more sets, which devalues having a bonus player set. I had one. That wasn’t good enough. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Should've messaged me. Would've sent Taures to your club to put you back in a spot to win.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    edited April 2021
    dkarski87 said:
    Should've messaged me. Would've sent Taures to your club to put you back in a spot to win.
    Why didn’t I think of that last night?  SMH