Payoff Pitch

Comments

• sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    buddydave said:
    sullipa8 said:
    So they have the pitch mode active for Royale but no bonus players? I’m not sure that makes any sense, but it’s Glu so I guess I shouldn’t try to make sense of the nonsensical. 
    Might not know how to have bonuses for that event yet. Round win is all I can think of. 

Maybe start all opponents at 0 runs and have a bonus for a shutout?
    They had bonuses for Payoff Pitch during yesterday’s “mystery” event. I had one of the bonus pitchers who gave me bonus points for Ks.
    Yeah, someone was giving bonuses yesterday. I figured Romo would today, but nope. And it’s not even a multiplier. I just don’t know why they would add this to Royale without making it worth anything. They’ve made it less valuable than Slugfest.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    buddydave said:
    sullipa8 said:
    So they have the pitch mode active for Royale but no bonus players? I’m not sure that makes any sense, but it’s Glu so I guess I shouldn’t try to make sense of the nonsensical. 
    Might not know how to have bonuses for that event yet. Round win is all I can think of. 

Maybe start all opponents at 0 runs and have a bonus for a shutout?
    They had bonuses for Payoff Pitch during yesterday’s “mystery” event. I had one of the bonus pitchers who gave me bonus points for Ks.
    Yeah, someone was giving bonuses yesterday. I figured Romo would today, but nope. And it’s not even a multiplier. I just don’t know why they would add this to Royale without making it worth anything. They’ve made it less valuable than Slugfest.
    Barnes 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I actually like that it’s available.  Would be nice to have a feature to play 24/7, regardless of bonus points.  I would even be happy if the reward to clear were bonus games, this years gold.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I’m actually enjoying the event today. If nothing else I’m getting about 100k per cycle and I had degrom already so the extra xp is nice. A bonus player would be nice but even if there was one I can’t see where we are getting any club points for playing 
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    They turned it off. What a clown show.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited May 2021
    Why did they turn it off? I was cycle capping DeGrom. I wouldn't have attempted it in the first place if I had known they were pulling the plug on Friday night. 

And now I lost my cycle reward progress. Not right. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I get that its a new mode and there may be bugs they find after rollout, but the lack of communication is really what gets me. It could be in the news as simple/vague as “we’ve pulled down payoff pitch temporarily (or for the event if thats the case) to investigate a bug.” 
    My guess is they aren't caring for how the difficulty is shaping up on the finished product -- it clearly needs tweaking, as some lower levels are much more difficult than higher levels and the higher rounds are tending to be the easier plays. 

Which is a bit befuddling and probably not intended -- being down 6-3 in a late round with nobody on makes perfect sense in WOH, but not payoff pitch. It's basically supposed to be designed to be the opposite of WOH and instead the format is basically ....WOH. 

To which my reply would be, not our problem, you've had the template for this event in place since beta in February and so many opportunities to tweak it. Now you release it and you don't like how it looks so we get punished for it?

The correct approach would have been to leave the weekend be and start re-tweaking on Monday morning. 

But no, per usual, the players are the ones that have to pay for the mistakes.
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Some tweaks to format & prize structure 😂 would most def be nice or it’ll get old fast. Overall though most fun with ⚾️game in ages
    Able to win all 50 matches manually and not really upset Degrom is an instant trade in. Opened to take another crack at it and poof it’s gone 🤔😂
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    So I was in and out all weekend How many times did it pop up to play?
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    It didn’t pop up. It was basically there on Friday night then gone. No communication as far as I know, it just never came back.
    How g/d stupid is that...
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Ksullipa8 said:
    It didn’t pop up. It was basically there on Friday night then gone. No communication as far as I know, it just never came back.
    It sure didn’t take them long to communicate about their gold gift screwup. Aside from that, lack of communication is a serious issue here. Someone in charge that is making decisions clearly should not be in charge of making decisions .
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I don’t know why it took me this long to think about how to make payoff pitch faster, like WOH. 

In WOH you start with a count of 3-0. Just flip that around because payoff pitch is the opposite and I feel VERY confident that the tower would go a lot quicker 
    I say they just play the event on occasion...wouldn't kill them to give up the 4.5 star pitcher
    Still zero communication on this. Nothing. Just pulled the plug during a weekend event, and then zero follow-up. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’ll be honest, unless it gets its own day if the week, I will not be putting too much into it. I’ll treat it like derby. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    That whole Dev Team needs a serious overhaul. When the braintrust realizes it’s IMPORTANT TO ACKNOWLEDGE THEIR SCREWUPS REGARDING A GOLD GIFT.......yet remain silent on a PROMOTED EVENT, MADE LIVE AND THEN PULLED THE PLUG without a whisper.....yup, this bunch has some serious issues. 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    WOH gets turned on and off during events. Maybe that's the plan with it. Or maybe they opened it up to get real time data so they can optimize it. I could be missing something significant that's happening as a result, but I don't see what the big deal is. 
    they don't have the screen space to do it...you have to go look for it.   they might as well make it like triple gold..only seen one time then never to come back again.
    Is anyone from GLU ever going to communicate on this topic at all and provide any explanation on the sudden disappearance and no sign 9 days later of Payoff Pitch?
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Is anyone from GLU ever going to communicate on this topic at all and provide any explanation on the sudden disappearance and no sign 9 days later of Payoff Pitch?
    No
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    I don't get it. It's been 2 weeks. You hyped this mode up and just took it away without explanation in a day. 

Why is it so hard to just make a post on here or better yet, an announcement on the game saying "Hey guys, Payoff Pitch is gone for 'X' amount of time because of 'Y', sorry for the inconvenience?"
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I don't get it. It's been 2 weeks. You hyped this mode up and just took it away without explanation in a day. 

Why is it so hard to just make a post on here or better yet, an announcement on the game saying "Hey guys, Payoff Pitch is gone for 'X' amount of time because of 'Y', sorry for the inconvenience?"
    I’m gonna go with “Stockholm Syndrome” on this one. We’re all addicts of this game. It plays the part. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    No one wants to take responsibility or admit they made a mistake. This is true throughout the world, but it’s especially true in the IT world. People who admit mistakes and take responsibility become scapegoats and lose their jobs. People who shift blame to other people keep their jobs. 
    edited May 2021
    sullipa8 said:
    No one wants to take responsibility or admit they made a mistake. This is true throughout the world, but it’s especially true in the IT world. People who admit mistakes and take responsibility become scapegoats and lose their jobs. People who shift blame to other people keep their jobs. 
    You think because Payoff Pitch isn't currently running is proof someone made a mistake, and because you weren't informed of that mistake, that someone isn't taking responsibility for it? 

Maybe it was a planned test, and they never intended it to be fully released. They unveiled it to gather live data and to map out the direction they wanted it to go. That seems more plausible than the clusterf**k theory being posted here. While I can't prove either of them either way, let's just not assume a lack of information being given in a public-facing way means there's a conspiracy to hide failure at work.  
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts

I think to many people posted about how easy it was and how much resources they were getting so it’s gone until they can make some adjustments. I enjoyed it a lot, not even for resources but because it was different from the same thing every day. I hope it comes back but in my experience with This game it will come back and be ridiculously hard. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Two words apply..... Plausible deniability.....
    Cooz19 said:
    sullipa8 said:
    You think because Payoff Pitch isn't currently running is proof someone made a mistake, and because you weren't informed of that mistake, that someone isn't taking responsibility for it? 

Maybe it was a planned test, and they never intended it to be fully released. They unveiled it to gather live data and to map out the direction they wanted it to go. That seems more plausible than the clusterf**k theory being posted here. While I can't prove either of them either way, let's just not assume a lack of information being given in a public-facing way means there's a conspiracy to hide failure at work.  
    I don’t blame them for it not working. I blame them for the lack of communication. It’s not a conspiracy, just incompetence. All they have to do is say they are tweaking it, fixing it, whatever. Instead it just disappears with no comment. 
    sullipa8 said:
    No one wants to take responsibility or admit they made a mistake. 
    I don’t blame them for it not working. I blame them for the lack of communication. It’s not a conspiracy, just incompetence. All they have to do is say they are tweaking it, fixing it, whatever. Instead it just disappears with no comment. 
    That isn't you blaming them for a lack of communication. That's you saying they made a mistake, and accusing them of not taking responsibility for it. What you're saying is not communicating the matter to us is their way of covering up some kind of mistake (a conspiracy). 

I'm just going off what you wrote. If that's not what you mean, fine, but it isn't what you wrote.