WoH for 5-3-21: Pitcher changes

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
5.5 thru 5.10 are all leftys. I didn't pay attn to the others, but I'll update the chart soon.
If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Thanks!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Anyone at Gold have the secret for 4.10? After getting Harper last week, I was demolishing him. This week, I'm 0-7 and can't get the ball out of the infield. Lead off with a double every time, then the bat goes dead. No point in playing this today if it is going to be this rigged. I'll just play Royale Wednesday as the prize will be just as good as this one today.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Use a righty.  The way the dude pitches you can actually hit the ball  much better using a righty on 4-10.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy

I tried using Davey Johnson. After going 0-4, he cleared it, but the game committed three errors in the inning. So, basically, it gave it to me. LOL

Doubt I'll cycle again now. Too much work for little in return when I racked up this weekend, and Royale is Wednesday.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Anyone at Gold have the secret for 4.10? After getting Harper last week, I was demolishing him. This week, I'm 0-7 and can't get the ball out of the infield. Lead off with a double every time, then the bat goes dead. No point in playing this today if it is going to be this rigged. I'll just play Royale Wednesday as the prize will be just as good as this one today.
    Go diamond!
    - Blueleopard
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    edited May 2021
    I had a double fail on 4.10. Think I used Aaron Hicks. 
    Second time used ML who is a switch and I added first pitch skill for his second one. Also used him for 5.10 and beat it first go. My best closer despite a rating 9 below my top players. 

@whynot: Nope. Never again. Was fun while it lasted.

1-10 today on 4.10 now. Got my 25M for my club. Good enough. Will be back Wednesday.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

@whynot: Nope. Never again. Was fun while it lasted.

1-10 today on 4.10 now. Got my 25M for my club. Good enough. Will be back Wednesday.

Platinum is ideal for your style of play. Its great for woh and the cost diff isn’t exponentially more than gold.  What’s the point of being able to level everyone if they can’t consistently crush? Diamond isn’t for you, but I really think you should strongly consider platinum.  Anyways, that’s just my 2 cents. 
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    When has Platinum been anything other than Purgatory? The few seasons I spent any significant time in Platinum I was miserable. Why would you mess with someone like that, D?
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Platinum is not sustainable without lots of money. Its basically limbo between gold and diamond. Just go diamond Doc, and save the literature. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    buddydave said:
    When has Platinum been anything other than Purgatory? The few seasons I spent any significant time in Platinum I was miserable. Why would you mess with someone like that, D?
    Platinum is considerably better than gold imo. At plat, you can ignore the games just like you would at gold, but you can have a significantly better time in both Woh, EB/cvc/bash, etc. In time, you'll be able to contribute a decent amount of points in other events too, but again, it's all about WoH. 

Platinum is not sustainable without lots of money. Its basically limbo between gold and diamond. Just go diamond Doc, and save the literature. 

He doesn't prioritize club points. He won't have to spend a dime in plat. 
    DFBB said:
    buddydave said:
    Platinum is considerably better than gold imo. At plat, you can ignore the games just like you would at gold, but you can have a significantly better time in both Woh, EB/cvc/bash, etc. In time, you'll be able to contribute a decent amount of points in other events too, but again, it's all about WoH. 

I honestly dont believe he'll last long in platinum. its extremely costly. and I do believe he cares about club points. Why else would he still be playing?  Build a team to inevitably fail?  Spends several hours weekly following this forum. Seriously,  go diamond,  woh is nice. No frickeries or cheat outs
    Wait.... don’t we all play just to troll this forum?
    - Blueleopard
    DFBB said:
    buddydave said:

I honestly dont believe he'll last long in platinum. its extremely costly. and I do believe he cares about club points. Why else would he still be playing?  Build a team to inevitably fail?  Spends several hours weekly following this forum. Seriously,  go diamond,  woh is nice. No frickeries or cheat outs
    I'm taking him at face value so there's that. He's great at videos and with gold from videos, he won't have to spend anything. Just wait on Cvc/gifts and let the good times roll! Do NOT chase. Do not Chase! lol
    Meanwhile, he's in a Line chat for Pickems...  obviously club points aren't his priority.  🤔
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Meanwhile, he's in a Line chat for Pickems...  obviously club points aren't his priority.  🤔
    Hey you can get 5,000 PXP on the last one. 
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    I personally enjoy Platinum and found it to be the sweet spot for my style of play. Beat WOH to have a guy to get bonus points for two days. Add in the free gifts/CVC/Extra Bases Rewards and I have had bonus players every week so I haven’t had to spend gold or money to get the milestone rewards for each event. I was Platinum most of last season and actually enjoyed it. It’s kind of contradicting to tell him not to go Platinum because it’s costly, but to go Diamond instead. I could play Platinum with very little spending, not so much at Diamond.
    Ok so I had enough resources to go plat. So I did. Was able to level up 5 315 players to P10 and one keeper (for now). Put several others at P1. Will try to get my second and third keeper to P10 before the week ends. May spend some gold to get the resources and repulls.Sitting on 100K gold currently. Yes, I broke down and bought a damn FP to do it. Ugh. Hopefully that's my last purchase this year. LOL I'm at $17.

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Ok so I had enough resources to go plat. So I did. Was able to level up 5 315 players to P10 and one keeper (for now). Put several others at P1. Will try to get my second and third keeper to P10 before the week ends. May spend some gold to get the resources and repulls.Sitting on 100K gold currently. Yes, I broke down and bought a damn FP to do it. Ugh. Hopefully that's my last purchase this year. LOL I'm at $17.
    I seriously hope you enjoy it. 
    You actually didn't need to buy FP. With your gold stash, you could(and still can) cap everyone in the boxes this weekend and have xp left for your keepers/ML. Either way, I think you'll enjoy the game a bit more. 
    I personally enjoy Platinum and found it to be the sweet spot for my style of play. Beat WOH to have a guy to get bonus points for two days. Add in the free gifts/CVC/Extra Bases Rewards and I have had bonus players every week so I haven’t had to spend gold or money to get the milestone rewards for each event. I was Platinum most of last season and actually enjoyed it. It’s kind of contradicting to tell him not to go Platinum because it’s costly, but to go Diamond instead. I could play Platinum with very little spending, not so much at Diamond.
    I haven't seen it mentioned(shocking lol), but the amount of free boxes this year has been nuts. I just can't emphasize it enough. If you don't prioritize club points and are okay with waiting on cvc/gifts, getting players has never been easier. At diamond, it's exponentially more expensive to level players so getting them is just half the battle. In all honesty, @drsmartassphd could've had all the box guys capped at diamond(since he was okay with FP) with his gold stash. The thing is, the maintenance is no joke and that's why I wouldn't advise him to go diamond. Anyways, I know plat gets a lot of hate, but I've actually advised plat to many guys. Diamond is great and obv, I love it. However, it's simply not for everyone. 

Yeah I have a feeling we will see a bump this weekend, so if I can join a .3 for a bit that would help.

Also, I play a ton on Mondays, so if anyone wants me in their club for that day's event, LMK.