Fix your video server please

bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
edited April 2021 in Bug Reports
GLU - enjoy the double gold vids....but....you really have got to do something to improve your video servers. There are numerous videos that don't play worth a damn.....lets see: The Star Trek game vid - plays for 10 seconds and crashes the app every time, the Terminex vid plays all the way then won't close (app reboot required), the Kohls vid - plays and then won't close, the stupid Faces of the Forest video hardly plays - and then wont close (reboot app again)....I could go on and on and on.

And I can say - it's not me. It's you. Fix your shit. 

Comments

• 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    Not trying to throw shade, but how old is your phone? I ask because once I got off my iPhone 10 and moved to a newer model I had zero problems with videos..even double boosts in CVC, is your phone current software wise?
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Relatively new iPad. I know it's not my issue....cuz I had no problems with vids all season until about a week ago. Then suddenly vid after vid was corrupted, crashing, or wouldn't complete and close. Something has changed on their end....
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    edited April 2021
    but is the ipad LTE or wireless, because there are several iOS issues reported with the wifi antenna on ipad.
    when its an LTE model.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    I have an IPhone 11 Pro and didn’t have any issues the first couple of weeks. Now I’m having the same issues as listed above.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Are ads that used to run fine now giving you issues? I'm on a 2020 iphone SE and videos have been good for me me, but I know that certain ads can be problematic. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Yep - I'm having club mates comment on the some of the exact same vids I'm having issues with. For instance - the Star Trek game video - literally starts playing for 5 seconds then whole app crashes. Every time. Same thing is happening not just for me - but other members of my club. Really don't think it is my iPad that can cause that.
    FWIW - seems like since the new update - not having any video problems. So like I said - it was their issue to fix.
    Ok - totally recanting prior above post. The update didn't fix anything. It appears they just swapped out some of the old shitty videos with a new set of shitty wont load/finish videos. Sorry for the false positive post above. Won't happen again. I shall remain cynical from now on.
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited May 2021
    While not discounting your complaint, keep in mind that a lot of ads are built with the latest firmware of your device in mind.  At the same time, various ads CAN not work for various reasons.  In situations such as this, oftentimes the name of the advertising company is viewable somewhere on the screen -- so if you report them, I'll be able to let our ad-ops know, so thanks for explicitly calling out specific ones.  That helps!
  • gilliandeannagilliandeanna Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I would like to know why every time it's double gold, my video stop working. I always get the 'no videos available at this time' message. Even though I have hundreds of videos left to watch. It says I still have 480 out of 500 to watch. Exiting the app lets me watch 1 ad when I come back before I get the same message again. Soft rebooting my phone and then going back in to the app maybe lets me watch 5 or so before the same message comes up. It is beyond frustrating and the fact that it only happens when it's double gold is suspicious, as though you guys are doing it on purpose or something.

Please, I need to know a fix. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Videos are not working again. The last couple of hours.
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited May 2021
    I would like to know why every time it's double gold, my video stop working. I always get the 'no videos available at this time' message. Even though I have hundreds of videos left to watch. It says I still have 480 out of 500 to watch. Exiting the app lets me watch 1 ad when I come back before I get the same message again. Soft rebooting my phone and then going back in to the app maybe lets me watch 5 or so before the same message comes up. It is beyond frustrating and the fact that it only happens when it's double gold is suspicious, as though you guys are doing it on purpose or something.

Please, I need to know a fix. 
    That's more likely than not because everybody and their mother is watching the videos, which leads to overload. I'll take that as feedback nonetheless.