Matchmaking changes for bgs/tourneys: It's WAY easier....for most.

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Unless you have a boatload of wins, you'll notice that games are considerably easier. 
If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev13

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Gimme a break dude, you really made a post bragging about this? So basically all the diamond teams that are over 60k GP get screwed in their match ups. I'm winning at around 50-60% rate after this change.  So basically people are being punished for actually playing?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • bigmeatpetebigmeatpete Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    Great change!
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Gimme a break dude, you really made a post bragging about this? So basically all the diamond teams that are over 60k GP get screwed in their match ups. I'm winning at around 50-60% rate after this change.  So basically people are being punished for actually playing?
    Bragging? How on earth is this bragging? I'm stating a change that was made. Most ppl will benefit greatly from the changes that were made. It actually doesn't change too much for me(although, it is easier).
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    Punishing the people that play that game harder than the casuals. Makes sense
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Hmmmm.... hopefully it benefits all but the auto tappers 😁
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    If you say so, basically anyone that plays alot if getting fu*Ked, so people that arent playing much sure its fine for them. Isnt the goal of the game for people to play it and be on the game as much as possible?
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    If you say so, basically anyone that plays alot if getting fu*Ked, so people that arent playing much sure its fine for them. Isnt the goal of the game for people to play it and be on the game as much as possible?
    They should've left the 'top' bucket alone. I'm not sure why they adjusted it for the guys at the top spectrum of wins. It's tough to see this being left as is. That said, for everyone else, it's definitely a huge change in the right direction and that's what this thread was about. 
    I think its great it was adjusted for the lower tiers, it should've been like that from the beginning. But adjusted it for the higher tier teams makes no sense, I can score more then 5-10 games IF I CAN EVEN WIN THEM. Its not fun scoring 5 runs a game when I spend a shitload of money pulling sets that cant score worth a dam.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    I think its great it was adjusted for the lower tiers, it should've been like that from the beginning. But adjusted it for the higher tier teams makes no sense, I can score more then 5-10 games IF I CAN EVEN WIN THEM. Its not fun scoring 5 runs a game when I spend a shitload of money pulling sets that cant score worth a dam.
    Right and I agree with this 100%.
    I basically feel like a silver team playing right now TBH, its not fun. Im lucky to win 50% of games. The difference is, those lower tier teams can MOVE UP and fix their algorithm  match ups. What are we suppose to do move to EMERALD? There is no higher tier then diamond unlike the lower tiers.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    I basically feel like a silver team playing right now TBH, its not fun. Im lucky to win 50% of games. The difference is, those lower tier teams can MOVE UP and fix their algorithm  match ups. What are we suppose to do move to EMERALD? There is no higher tier then diamond unlike the lower tiers.
    Spend more money you cheap ****
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Or....never spend again until they get the message.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Yeah it feels like I’m losing more than normal. Maybe I’m not, but it certainly feels that way. I’m sure I’m in the top bucket but still sucks. 
    Here is another issue to consider. So when they run gauntlets, why are certain teams being placed in different pools? Basically all the lower tier teams will be smashing their games with 60+ run games meanwhile the higher tier teams cant even score 10 runs, let along win a game at a consistent rate. The same algorithm should be used across the board, not sure why there needs to be different pools. People spend to make their teams better, why are they being punished for it? Meanwhile the other players not impacted are having a field day. Like I said before, the whole matching algorithm has been an issue for YEARS, we all have seen it.  Everyone plays the game a different way, nobody likes loosing 8/10 games, why bother playing. So essentially from what I'm taking from this is that I shouldn't be spending money to better my team? and just play casually? The logic behind the decision here doesn't make any sense. I mean if a diamond team with d1 pitchers cant win games, who's fault is that? lol. A good chunk of people that play this game have no idea how to build their teams the right way. This is not the same game that it was 2 years ago where you could get away with half-levelled rosters. Heck, ask anyone playing this year, everyone has more loses TOTAL already then all of the last 2 years combined. This just makes it worse.
    – The Great Houmy
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    edited May 2021
    It seems I’m back to getting the prior matchups again...did they fix it for you guys? @dkarski87 @TyroneEastwood
    Nope
    – The Great Houmy
    If this is fixed, then yes 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I thought something was up. 

All the f2p dudes in silver and gold are loving it though. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Yeah I went from winning 25-30% of my games to losing one in 50.  Plat team here hitters are gtg but can’t get good pitching (only 2 315 starters and my bullpen is straight trash).  Only a slight spender right now due to a temporary crunch.  If the big teams are struggling I’d imagine something will change quickly though.
    It doesn’t really make much sense to punish the spenders.  Now what would be a good idea is to make an algorithm that puts guys above a certain win threshold, aka auto tappers, and make them only play against other teams at that threshold, or bring back cool down 😎
    - Blueleopard
    There is no win threshold with a 2 cycle limit this year. Most people are not playing more then 2k games a day unless there is a gauntlet. So that doesn't apply here. People are not spending resources playing games that they are not getting awarded for.
    – The Great Houmy
    Im all for making games easier to win for everyone, like I said... Nobody should be losing 80% of the games they play at their respected tiers because of a imaginary GP baseline. However, thats been the case for years and years now. Its a great change they did today, only took years to do it but it negatively impacts the higher teams that spend money, time, effort, etc... making their teams "top tier" teams.
    – The Great Houmy
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I sure hope they find a way to fix this so that silver and gold don’t have to suffer like we were. I’m silver but I’m definitely not ftp. We’re not all ftp which is beside the point. They want to encourage people to play so gotta be a way to do that without sacrificing one or the other. 
    I agree man, I dont think I've ever met a higher AS silver team then you in the past few years lol. But yea everyone knows the game is designed to be played at diamond level, but that shouldnt punish people who choose to play at the lower tiers as it has been over the years.
    – The Great Houmy
  • satellite1984satellite1984 Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    DFBB said:
    dkarski87 said:
    Bragging? How on earth is this bragging? I'm stating a change that was made. Most ppl will benefit greatly from the changes that were made. It actually doesn't change too much for me(although, it is easier).
    Must be tough auto tapping that many games
    The game has the best anti-cheating software and detection in the mobile app industry. I'm sure if people were auto tapping, they would be caught for it. What does my game count have to do with an auto tapper? Like I have stated over and over dumb-ass, I only play what I am allowed to play based on GLU rules. 2k games a day, no more no less. Anyways, I see these fourms have turned into a witch hunt filled with dumb asses with 28 posts to his name that wont spend .99 on the game to disable their ads.  @DFBB you can remove my account for these fourms after 4 years on here.  I guess 90k games is alot??? Shit I need to play more games then, I see people with 150k GP.
    – The Great Houmy
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    With FP and a good device 5-7 games a minute is possible, 2k games would take what 5-6 hours?  With BGs being a thing 6 days a week that would add up really fast.  I’m not diamond yet so only 5k games so far for me but yeah I’d be playing at least that many games a week at that level so to see some auto accuse people of autotap is laughable.
    edited May 2021
    My gawd if the option is to tap for 5-6 hours a day, EVERYDAY, I hope for his sake he is auto tapping.  Either way get rid of auto tappers or get help for those that tap that much!

BTW 1 post or 2,624 post his opinion is as welcome as any.  We are all in this together!
    - Blueleopard
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    If this is fixed, then yes 

I’m shocked...those are the same ass clowns I have to play, lol.