Matchmaking changes for bgs/tourneys: It's WAY easier....for most.

Comments

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    edited May 2021
    If there’s people here who have physically played 100k games in 60 days, get help. You’re not fooling anyone. I’ve been kicked out of poker tournaments on the basis of my proximity to my neighbor 6 houses down. This isn’t elite anti detection software. This is basic stuff. Auto tapping is known by the devs. If they really wanted you out, they would. But holy fück dude, stop the bs. Own it. You’re a pawn. I’m not claiming to be clean, but let’s get real. Auto tap is allowed because it’s a sustainable source of income for Glu. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    Trying to say your not using an auto tapper is literally like pulling a Bill Clinton when the facts are there 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    dkarski87 said:
    Gimme a break dude, you really made a post bragging about this? So basically all the diamond teams that are over 60k GP get screwed in their match ups. I'm winning at around 50-60% rate after this change.  So basically people are being punished for actually playing?
    Bragging? How on earth is this bragging? I'm stating a change that was made. Most ppl will benefit greatly from the changes that were made. It actually doesn't change too much for me(although, it is easier).
    Must be tough auto tapping that many games
    Do some math. I know he has been diamond for over a month. At 2K games a day, that’s 60,000 over the last month. He has been diamond longer than that. 

High games played doesn’t mean auto tapper in this case. It means he has had the game since beta because he is Canadien (yes, misspelled on purpose for the Maple Leafs fan) and has been playing long enough to make it legit. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I basically feel like a silver team playing right now TBH, its not fun. Im lucky to win 50% of games. The difference is, those lower tier teams can MOVE UP and fix their algorithm  match ups. What are we suppose to do move to EMERALD? There is no higher tier then diamond unlike the lower tiers.
    Reading your first sentence makes me wonder why you’re playing. Just don’t play 🤷🏻‍♂️ You’ve hated this game for three years straight 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    dkarski87 said:
    I basically feel like a silver team playing right now TBH, its not fun. Im lucky to win 50% of games. The difference is, those lower tier teams can MOVE UP and fix their algorithm  match ups. What are we suppose to do move to EMERALD? There is no higher tier then diamond unlike the lower tiers.
    Reading your first sentence makes me wonder why you’re playing. Just don’t play 🤷🏻‍♂️ You’ve hated this game for three years straight 
    It is because there isn’t a TSB rehab facility. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Come back to the thread, @retirepujols!

Im silver and not an auto-tapper (and IDGAF if you do or not, but you might as well admit it). It's fun to win bonus games. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    Come back to the thread, @retirepujols!

Im silver and not an auto-tapper (and IDGAF if you do or not, but you might as well admit it). It's fun to win bonus games. 
    Only because someone showed DK’s post in chat. I like DK, but LOL.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    waiting for the thread to get closed....
    Finger Tapping GIFs  Tenor
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited May 2021
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I thought something was up. 

All the f2p dudes in silver and gold are loving it though. 
    At the time of my post, anyone with under 50k wins, which is most of the tsb userbase, really benefited from the change. For example, I'm over 40k wins and things were easier for me. Later, adjustments were made because the top bucket didn't have enough teams in the pool. I'm out of the loop, but I'm basically back to where things were prior to the changes. Afaik, regardless of tiers, guys without a lot of wins are having a much easier time. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2021
    Yeah idk, I mean I'm not dropping Cove money on my team of course. I buy field pass and a few other odds and ends throughout the week. But that adds up. I have definitely spent over $1,000 this year building my team... and I can barely win half my games now. Last night I had a few instances where I lost between 4 and 6 bonus games in a row. And, tournaments are a no-go now. I can't even play them because so many restarts are required. Then, when I get the tournament boxes, I've spent maybe 300k cash to get 5 or 6 boxes... open them, and if I'm lucky, 1 of the boxes contains bonus games.

Bottom line, its just frustrating and not a fun way to spend my time. I'd been a bit reengaged this year with the game, and was starting to play a bit more, but with this I will probably slink back into my hole for a while.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    whynot said:
    My gawd if the option is to tap for 5-6 hours a day, EVERYDAY, I hope for his sake he is auto tapping.  Either way get rid of auto tappers or get help for those that tap that much!

BTW 1 post or 2,624 post his opinion is as welcome as any.  We are all in this together!
    2K games a day is plenty doable with just FP and no autotapper.   I did it way to many times to count to the point I'll never be doing it again
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Yea this is what I dont get either.   It's a game at the end of the day, its either fun or its not
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Yeah idk, I mean I'm not dropping Cove money on my team of course. I buy field pass and a few other odds and ends throughout the week. But that adds up. I have definitely spent over $1,000 this year building my team... and I can barely win half my games now. Last night I had a few instances where I lost between 4 and 6 bonus games in a row. And, tournaments are a no-go now. I can't even play them because so many restarts are required. Then, when I get the tournament boxes, I've spent maybe 300k cash to get 5 or 6 boxes... open them, and if I'm lucky, 1 of the boxes contains bonus games.

Bottom line, its just frustrating and not a fun way to spend my time. I'd been a bit reengaged this year with the game, and was starting to play a bit more, but with this I will probably slink back into my hole for a while.
    I don't know how many wins you have, but based on your post, you're probably in the top bucket(like me). I win over 90% of my tourneys/bgs and here are things to consider:

1)xfactors matter. I do much better in tourneys than bgs simply because most of my guys(and all of my pitchers) have a tourney xfactor and I'm too cheap to move them around.

2)Upgrades matter. I'd prioritize 'hitting coach,' then 'pitch coach, and 'pitch call.'  'Trainer' is nice for WoH/Eb. I'm currently at 100/95/95/96 with those four. 

3)Need a minimum of 2 good relievers. Every pitcher will get hit hard by good teams so more often than not, relievers will determine the outcome. 

4)Maintain a balanced lineup. Sure, lefty bats will have better stats, but you need righty bats to counter all the lefty pitchers that are now circulating. There's a ton. 

5)Skills matter. Avoid skills like HH/blowouts. Those skills are awesome for EB and games where you blow everyone out. When the outcome is in doubt, those skills are not ideal. I love my Acuna foil, but he's inactive for me during tourneys and will be an EB exclusive once his bonus run ends. As of this writing, ML is the best player in the game. My ML is 'vs rhp'/first pitch and he absolutely owns. 

6)Rng can be annoying. I've lost to a team and on the replay, blown them out. There simply isn't much separating many of the good teams so RNG will rear its ugly head. It will get more consistent as we get better xfactors(they work for us; don't work against us). 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY is not a novice player. He knows how to build his team for success. He was probably grouped into the top bucket list where you simply cant win consistently. I bet if you were grouped into that player pool @DFBB you would be singing a different tune. Thats why you don't give a shit cause you weren't negatively impacted by it. Put your self in other people shoes where people spend to make their teams better (point of the game) and then cant win games having all the top players, upgrades, pennats, etc...
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    @JEDDDOGGY is not a novice player. He knows how to build his team for success. He was probably grouped into the top bucket list where you simply cant win consistently. I bet if you were grouped into that player pool @DFBB you would be singing a different tune. Thats why you don't give a shit cause you weren't negatively impacted by it. Put your self in other people shoes where people spend to make their teams better (point of the game) and then cant win games having all the top players, upgrades, pennats, etc...
    I'm actually in that bucket. Thanks for asking.
    Insert *C’mon, hug it out” sticker 
    No you weren't, not at first. Cause you would've been having the same shit luck as the everyone else. Guys with fully capped upgrades at 100 across the board were getting smoked so I highly doubt your team would be having better success. You even told me that you were grouped in the lower group because you were getting better match ups. So thanks for sharing that, you even posted that in the chats saying "my match ups are MUCH BETTER".
    – The Great Houmy
    There no need to post SS of the convo, but we talked about this yesterday in PMs. You even told me that you were not in that same bucket as everyone else because of your GP. But I can if needed.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    There no need to post SS of the convo, but we talked about this yesterday in PMs. You even told me that you were not in that same bucket as everyone else because of your GP. But I can if needed.
    Or....you can read the thread. I posted that I wasn't in the top bucket after the change. Then, they made another change and I'm back there again. I also literally wrote about this in the post right above Jed's post.
    edited May 2021
    Yeah, I mean, I already know/do all of those things. They are pretty common knowledge type of things for people who are experienced, so they were already obvious to me. I admit I can be a little lazy swapping players in and out of my lineup, but notice my dbl HH Acuna is batting .460, which in comparison to every other player I own, he should be good enough to be used as an all-modes player imo.

Regardless of comparing my team to guys who are "world ranked", I feel like I should be able to use a team I spent $1,000 on... and right now, I can't.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Yeah, I mean, I already know/do all of those things. Some of them are pretty common knowledge type of things, so they were already obvious to me. I admit I can be a little lazy swapping players in and out of my lineup, but notice my dbl HH Acuna is batting .460, which in comparison to every other player I own, he should be good enough to be used as an all-modes player imo.

Regardless of comparing my team to guys who are "world ranked", I feel like I should be able to use a team I spent $1,000 on... and right now, I can't.
    That's fair. Most of us have similar players so I figured I'd share what works for me. 
    I think this whole argument comes back to this point, which I think everyone can agree on. 

You should be rewarded for having a lot of wins, not punished. Having an experienced player who has spent loads of money on their team losing more than 3 bonus games in a row is something that honestly should not happen. 
  • MoenPOSMoenPOS Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    I really enjoy anyone who has opinions contrary to the almighty debbie, but remember guys...we are all in this together🤣🤣🤣
    I agree, there is limited separation between teams because everyone basically has the same players. The difference currently is upgrades & pennants until primes come out. Primes are always very costly to level early on and only the big spenders do it which separates them from the rest. I think the best thing they can do is release EMERALD or RUBY levels, lets take the game past diamond so we can get ahead of the curve again.
    – The Great Houmy
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    If there’s people here who have physically played 100k games in 60 days, get help. You’re not fooling anyone. I’ve been kicked out of poker tournaments on the basis of my proximity to my neighbor 6 houses down. This isn’t elite anti detection software. This is basic stuff. Auto tapping is known by the devs. If they really wanted you out, they would. But holy fück dude, stop the bs. Own it. You’re a pawn. I’m not claiming to be clean, but let’s get real. Auto tap is allowed because it’s a sustainable source of income for Glu. 
    Great post but you omitted something!

Did somebody say rigged boxes?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    These are the last two tourneys I played. Everyone in the top bucket will face these guys: 

I'm certainly not upset with @DFBB, it's not as if it's his fault they made the matchups harder lol. 

I blame @TyroneEastwood. Can't have us regular message board folk winning guantlets now can we??
    I will tell you this, @TyroneEastwood is def the one to blame for all this.
    – The Great Houmy
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

I don't know how many wins you have, but based on your post, you're probably in the top bucket(like me). I win over 90% of my tourneys/bgs and here are things to consider:

1)xfactors matter. I do much better in tourneys than bgs simply because most of my guys(and all of my pitchers) have a tourney xfactor and I'm too cheap to move them around.

2)Upgrades matter. I'd prioritize 'hitting coach,' then 'pitch coach, and 'pitch call.'  'Trainer' is nice for WoH/Eb. I'm currently at 100/95/95/96 with those four. 

3)Need a minimum of 2 good relievers. Every pitcher will get hit hard by good teams so more often than not, relievers will determine the outcome. 

4)Maintain a balanced lineup. Sure, lefty bats will have better stats, but you need righty bats to counter all the lefty pitchers that are now circulating. There's a ton. 

5)Skills matter. Avoid skills like HH/blowouts. Those skills are awesome for EB and games where you blow everyone out. When the outcome is in doubt, those skills are not ideal. I love my Acuna foil, but he's inactive for me during tourneys and will be an EB exclusive once his bonus run ends. As of this writing, ML is the best player in the game. My ML is 'vs rhp'/first pitch and he absolutely owns. 

6)Rng can be annoying. I've lost to a team and on the replay, blown them out. There simply isn't much separating many of the good teams so RNG will rear its ugly head. It will get more consistent as we get better xfactors(they work for us; don't work against us). 
    This would be a great addition to your charts and tidbits thread.  Lots of newbies looking for advice would benefit.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I'm certainly not upset with @DFBB, it's not as if it's his fault they made the matchups harder lol. 

I blame @TyroneEastwood. Can't have us regular message board folk winning guantlets now can we??
    Yesterday’s strikeouts for global challenge