Cash box

Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
Did anyone else buy the 50K cash box an absurd amount of times and pull the guy once?

I probably bought 50+ boxes. One pull. At 15% odds. 

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Well.... that's why the box is there,  to drain peoples cash
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Three pulls, no guy.
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    3rd box.

you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Did somebody say rigged boxes? 🤣🤣
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    2nd box. Then like 50 of misses
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Well.... that's why the box is there,  to drain peoples cash
    I don't mind blowing the cash, I would just like to believe that the 15% odds are a reasonable representation of your actual chances to pull the guy. I took him to P6 with the assumption that repulling him 4 times in 50 boxes was pretty reasonable at a mean of 7.5 pulls over 50 boxes. That was the point,  a reasonably achievable capped guy without sacrifice of much XP.

Not only do I not get 4 ....but not even 1 more? Over 50 boxes?

It's fishy. I'd be curious to hear from people that actually did repull him more than once. 

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Its VIP weekend, the odds are skewed.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Someone better at statistics than me have a rough idea of what the odds are of something with an 85% chance of happening (not pulling the player) happening 50 consecutive times?
    120k gold plus all VIP and other gifts here, and got neither foil player. I do have like 2 million bxp that is totally useless with no good players to level up though.

How can they possibly think this setup with 0.5% odds is good for the game? Instead of playing this weekend, now I'm pissed off and on the verge of quitting again.
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    3rd box. Took him to S10 then got him again next box. 

Just every other box they’ve screwed me on. 
  • rgh001rgh001 Registered Users, Member 178 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    120k gold plus all VIP and other gifts here, and got neither foil player. I do have like 2 million bxp that is totally useless with no good players to level up though.

How can they possibly think this setup with 0.5% odds is good for the game? Instead of playing this weekend, now I'm pissed off and on the verge of quitting again.
    How does one amass that much gold...l
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited May 2021
    JEDDDOGGY said:

50K here this weekend with the move to diamond. Neither foil player. 

Cash box player took 21 boxes. Sigh. 
    @JEDDDOGGY I got you beat, 225k and didnt get either foil either. Gotta love ATG odds on bxp players.
    – The Great Houmy
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

For the love of all that is holy (insert your higher being here), don't drop gold on VIP weekend! Not to mention they have double gold (another red flag) to go with the announcement of a lot of giveaways for Mother's Day.

You have to know the odds are skewed. Besides, by the end of next week the same positions and skills will be offered twice or more.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

edited May 2021
    Well, I was trying to figure this out. Between dkarski and I, we spent 345k gold and neither of us got Verdugo.

Now, I see Alex makes $649k this year. Which per day thats like $1,779. Government gonna take almost half that at his income bracket. So let's say he takes home $900 a day, or $2,700 for the weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun).

Given that dkarski and I totaled 345k gold and no Verdugo, at Glu's rate, that's $3,450 worth of TSB gold.

So, it actually would just be cheaper to hire the real life human Alex Verdugo than it is to acquire the fake, computer version of Alex Verdugo on my TSB team.

lol dude I shouldve just bought Rizzo from the specials. Much cheaper and same stats essentially.
    – The Great Houmy
  • MoenPOSMoenPOS Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    Thought all I was gonna get was a box of Newport’s and Puma sweats...BAM, first box!!!
    Now it’s time for Cycle CaAaAaAAAAAAAP

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Second box, so 1000g spent. $0.00 spent on the game. 

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited May 2021
    Spent 80k (half of my gold) chasing verdugo... dumb. 

Came up short btw 
    Cash box is gone. No doubt there was supposed to be a limit on it,  someone screwed up, so now they have to regroup and figure out what to do now. 

Basically,  business as usual. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    It’s back. Max purchase of 40 in the description. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I pretty much only login for gifts at this point and pulled Verdugo in the VIP gifts and again on a gift this morning.   Pulls have generally been good since I stopped playing which isn’t super surprising I guess 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    If you want easy pulls log out for a few days I done a several times last year when I started to get burned out I don’t think it ever failed. Also my holder that is rarely ever logged in always gets good pulls. 
  • Iowa1983Iowa1983 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Did anyone else buy the 50K cash box an absurd amount of times and pull the guy once?

I probably bought 50+ boxes. One pull. At 15% odds. 
    $700k spent and only got XP
  • clemente72clemente72 Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    Awesome resources out of that cash box.  I hit it 40times until it was gone.  Had several repulls and wound up with a bunch of bxp.