Matchmaking changes for bgs/tourneys: It's WAY easier....for most.

13Next

Comments

• TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I'm certainly not upset with @DFBB, it's not as if it's his fault they made the matchups harder lol. 

I blame @TyroneEastwood. Can't have us regular message board folk winning guantlets now can we??
    Yesterday’s strikeouts for global challenge 

Pure domination
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    whynot said:
    This would be a great addition to your charts and tidbits thread.  Lots of newbies looking for advice would benefit.
    Even a collection of top players answering a series of questions would be fantastic. 
    For example, you often hear (and it's by no means a false statement) "It depends on how you want to play." New players have no idea how they want to play. Laying out different strategies and different routes for different levels can be incredibly useful, and make the game much more enjoyable, even if you aren't planning to tap the eff out of your phone to the tune of 100k BGs. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    whynot said:
    This would be a great addition to your charts and tidbits thread.  Lots of newbies looking for advice would benefit.
    Even a collection of top players answering a series of questions would be fantastic. 
    For example, you often hear (and it's by no means a false statement) "It depends on how you want to play." New players have no idea how they want to play. Laying out different strategies and different routes for different levels can be incredibly useful, and make the game much more enjoyable, even if you aren't planning to tap the eff out of your phone to the tune of 100k BGs. 
    I really like this idea. I plan on being a “casual diamond” player. You almost need an interview set of questions to ask several players, then you collect all the answers into one thread
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I'll gladly give the interviews. Tyrone can testify that I have the credentials 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • xixsidesxixxixsidesxix Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    @DFBB yeah my matchups are amazing. 😂
  • ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    I'll gladly give the interviews. Tyrone can testify that I have the credentials 
    Pujols said you can burrow his casting couch 
    Staying at GOLD in 2020....

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited May 2021
    The most fun I’ve had this year so far. I’ve actually been able to win some games “consistently” and contribute not on the level of plat and diamond teams in my club but that’s how it should be. So I played today otherwise I would have sat in my solo club and not spend anything.  Nobody should be losing 10 plus games in a row hopefully they find a way to fix it for all teams.. teams like dk shouldn’t be punished.. they should dominate. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Exactly, the point should be so everyone has a good chance of winning. Silver, Gold and even Plat teams were always punished since TSB has started for not moving up tiers. That's always been an issue, Im glad its been addressed, heck it only took them 3-4 years to do it. But basically they turned the diamond teams into silver teams now with how the match up algorithms are setup. We cant upgrade our teams any more under the current capacity within the game so it gives no avenues to win.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Here is a great example. I've played this team over and over since yesterday, he beats me 9/10 times. It also seems like they are handicapping the higher teams when they get matched  against lower teams. This is just one example, its happening constantly. There is no reason that I should be winning against teams that are 70k TS lower, and I even checked the game match ups to see his roster and it makes zero sense how I cant beat him. I cant even score more then 5 runs against these types of teams.
    – The Great Houmy
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2021
    They're just making d6 cycles harder / require more resources to achieve.

They can't get over the fact that they're unable to stop the 17 guys that autotap, so everyone must suffer.
    I really like this idea. I plan on being a “casual diamond” player. You almost need an interview set of questions to ask several players, then you collect all the answers into one thread
    A crude example: 

When you say don't chase a player in a box, what do you mean? 
    CanadaCubs: I saw eff that nonsense. I rip through boxes like I rip through White Claws 'n scotch! I opened a thousand of dem sunsabiches just the other day. And I'll do it again. AGAIN! 
    RetirePujols: I'm way too drunk to be playing this game, but my level-headed perspective suggests...ehh...nevermind, I just want to stir up trouble and post an eyes emoji. Then leave the chat, never to return. 

Like that, but with serious answers. 
    dkarski87 said:
    Here is a great example. I've played this team over and over since yesterday, he beats me 9/10 times. It also seems like they are handicapping the higher teams when they get matched  against lower teams. This is just one example, its happening constantly. There is no reason that I should be winning against teams that are 70k TS lower, and I even checked the game match ups to see his roster and it makes zero sense how I cant beat him. I cant even score more then 5 runs against these types of teams.
    TwatWaffle is a great name, but I love thinking that maybe there was already a TwatWaffle, and a TwaatWaffle, so he went with the rare 3 A "TwaaatWaffle." 
    dkarski87 said:
    To be fair, that is a 4-diamond team. Your team’s world ranking is just 2 numbers 
    Daniel, just stop aggravating me even more then I already am please.
    – The Great Houmy

Well match making is still bullshit today. Payed 30 bgs, and won 11 of them.  I even pulled every bonus player and went with full strength line up. Don't see any adjustments made. @DFBB
    – The Great Houmy
  • Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    I have found prime and bonus games easier to win but still can’t win any tournaments 
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    Matchmaking is definitely better around. Team upgrades still obviously don't work tho
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    Just hit 17.8k games and noticed things have switched back to tougher matchups. Anyone else? It’s not as bad as before, but a noticeable change. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I’m Already in the top bucket,  but whatever changes they made a week of so ago I lose more now than I did before. I have more losses this season than I did the last 2 combined lol. I expected it as I went diamond sooner but man it seems really bad right now. 
    I kept my games played as low as possible until I was able to move to diamond. I’d say it has paid off after the diamond move 5 days ago. 

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I kept my games played as low as possible until I was able to move to diamond. I’d say it has paid off after the diamond move 5 days ago. 

You’re in good shape for a long time. Need a lot more wins to get the nonsensical top bucket.