POTM boxes today?

JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
edited May 2021 in General TSB Discussion
Two right handed outfielders, meh.

Position Players: Acuna (OF), Buxton (OF)
Starting Pitchers: deGrom, Cole
Relief Pitchers: Barnes, Melancon
Rookies: Y.Mercedes (1B/DH), T.Rogers (SP)
Prev1

Comments

• buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    I was guessing we’d see them today (Wednesday) since Tuesday is always POTW day, but maybe now tomorrow (Thursday)??
  • DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    My guess is Friday when we get a bump up to 330. Imagine the outcry now if they did them at 315 then bumped the max two days later to 330.
    Never fight a man with a perm
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I bet it still happens lol.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Is the general consensus that PoTW are expendable once their bonus expires?  Since they're dated, the likelihood of repeat is nil?
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Unless I missed something, no I don’t agree.  In the past if a player repeated your old potw was activated. Not sure if that happened last year but I’m trying to forget 2020 in general.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    No POTM boxes, but I see they changed the extra box players today (Didi, Means) to 1% instead of the 5% from the other day (May the 4th box). Would take roughly 80k gold to get Didi and Means.

I'm not playing this **** today, they can pound sand with those odds.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    xracman said:
    Is the general consensus that PoTW are expendable once their bonus expires?  Since they're dated, the likelihood of repeat is nil?
    If they get reboosted and you traded them in, you can always buy them back from collections. For some, that's worth the extra roster spot. That said....

whynot said:
    Unless I missed something, no I don’t agree.  In the past if a player repeated your old potw was activated. Not sure if that happened last year but I’m trying to forget 2020 in general.
    This year's potw actually have dates on them. For example, the current potw guys have 'May 4' on their cards. Nothing was announced, but not a good sign. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I’m guessing potm are tomorrow, think I saw someone say it but I’m guessing a bump comes this weekend and they don’t want potm behind the curve after a day. 

In regards to potw, they tried last year to not reactivate them after the first repeat player last season and got a lot of pushback and went back go reusing them. I’d like to think they learn from their mistakes, but we’ll I’ll leave it at that. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    You can pretty well count on Tatis and Acuna to be repeated potw this season. I would just save them in case
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    Guess I missed something🤣🤣
    - Blueleopard
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

POTM will go against the new pattern, you all realize that, right?

At this point, GLU doesn't want the top level guys to last longer than three weeks.  Any player from that POTM box would be easier to obtain, and would then have a longer shelf life.

I bet they do away with it all together.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

I just do t think they wanted them out before the bump. I thought today but seems like Monday or Tuesday now. 
    Bump, and FYI 20% pull rate for them. Awful.
    – The Great Houmy
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited May 2021
    There isn’t a single player in that box that I actually want to chase. So sad. 

That box is hideous.  I remember when these players were BOOSTED. Now they have 3 players just at the top of the curve and 3 players below the curve. They are not temporarily boosted. 

Edit number 3:  by the time they lose their “boost”, they could just stay 330/315 because we will have other players probably above 330
    correct, lol just cant help but laugh at this point.
    – The Great Houmy
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Well now we know when the next bump is coming.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

I don’t remember what the cost was last year, but I remember the odds were 45% for a player. In years past they used to be a lot but I remember them being less than 1000 gold last year. So basically they decreased the cost by several hundred but cut the odds by more than 50%. Gee thanks. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Given average luck 2,500 gold for a player, then I’d get the bloody reliever. Wasn’t it 50% chance last year?Hopefully no-one will be stupid enough to buy them and they’ll sort it out. 

Absolute jokers. 
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Yeah, that’s a hard pass!!
    Amazing thing Is guys will still chase them!
    - Blueleopard
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Wow.   So sad what they did to this box.   The bats aren’t even a little bit desirable 

Edit number 3:  by the time they lose their “boost”, they could just stay 330/315 because we will have other players probably above 330
    Right I don’t see the harm in leaving their ratings the same given some are already behind the curve 
    Wow.   So sad what they did to this box.   The bats aren’t even a little bit desirable 
    I’m not wrong right, they were 750 gold and 45% pull rates last year right? 
    Look in the specials. They are selling the other 2 POMS at 315max, for 50$...
    – The Great Houmy
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    whynot said:
    Amazing thing Is guys will still chase them!
    No doubt. These players will likely be needed to complete critical sets over the next few weeks. So the top 500 in game will buy them all
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I.... I just. I have no words for this game anymore. Oh, you LIKE this box, here let us dilute it to a shell of what it could be. 
    dkarski87 said:
    This game has definitely passed me by lol
    dkarski87 said:
    I’ve never seen a company more tone deaf than these guys. I mean every time I feel like they make a small step forward, we get double ATG odds foils and now they try to sell POTM for 49.99 and reduce the pull rates on the actual boxes. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’m not wrong right, they were 750 gold and 45% pull rates last year right? 
    I didn’t play much in 2020, but I remember 2019.  1400 gold for a 40%, but these would have been 350 players who dropped to 330