Global Chat needs some form of monitoring

whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
edited May 2021 in Suggestions and Feedback

Somebody please explain how glu see’s this kind of stuff appropriate but censors words that are on a 3rd grade spelling test?  Cmon glu, let’s show some level of social responsibility here.
I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
- Blueleopard
Prev1

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts

Seriously???  
    - Blueleopard
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Use the block button feature. Next.
    Has nothing to do with blocking, this kind of behavior should not be allowed.  If 1 person sees it then that is too much
    - Blueleopard
    Not really. It's an anonymous chatroom in baseball video game. Calm yourself. No lives are in real danger. People say stupid things in the real world everyday. Some things may scare you, offend you, anger you....but the events of the last few years should have opened your eyes to the fact that censorship is not the answer. It's a slippery slope that never ends and never works out the way you think it will. Seriously - just block the guy. Don't post his stuff to give him anymore play....move on. Big picture. 
    Your missing the point.  Regardless of when or where this kind of stuff can have a very bad affect on some people.  The last thing we should do is sweep it under the rug and “move on”. That being said, thanks for the civil debate 🤣🤣
    - Blueleopard
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I think one of the points being made is why can that be posted, but I can’t post a message of “freeze when you get the the playoffs until you are ready to move on. It hurts to freeze, but is worth it”
    No worries.
    I think I hear/understand your point. I just don't agree that it is an actual serious issue. I mean it's a video game....people say stuff. Stupid stuff. I really don't think it is traumatizing. Half the guys that play this - were probably on their Xbox two hours earlier - virtually sniping someone in Ghost Recon or something. I'm more concerned about a call for more censorship and limits on speech. It's already stupid enough that you can't type "trump" into chat or a thousand other words.....
    Anyways that's where I'm coming from. 
    Moving on to next topic. Thanks.
  • Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    whynot said:
    Your missing the point.  Regardless of when or where this kind of stuff can have a very bad affect on some people.  The last thing we should do is sweep it under the rug and “move on”. That being said, thanks for the civil debate 🤣🤣
    I totally agree with you. There are kids playing this game too. People need to grow up . It’s not funny at all
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    "2 Words- Role Playing Chat Room Dude"
    David Schumacher
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    Wonder if I can do a review on iTunes and post that screenshot? 🤔🤔
    - Blueleopard
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    These clowns don’t have the ability to fix their game and offer a smooth, fair, ethical product. How the hell are they going to monitor/fix global chat? 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    For the most part, Global chat is like a scene from Cheers. Theres 3-4 notable people who spend the better portion of their lives on it. You get usually weirdos/pedos as any bar does. It's the same dialogue day in and day out.  I drop the odd sticker in, and that's about it. If someone is bothering you or is saying something foul, block them. That's really the most proactive measure you can take. Drama encourages drama. Just ignore it...
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    There’s a global chat?
    Base15 said:
    There’s a global chat?
    Ya. Its 85% "XXEWXX", and then insert a bunch of other deadbeats that chime in to make their presence. Literally same people, same dialogue.  Much like most things in this game, it's been ruined. 
  • forcyzzswifeforcyzzswife Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I once posted in global then got a bunch of what I consider hot dog pics without the buns.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    No worries.
    I think I hear/understand your point. I just don't agree that it is an actual serious issue. I mean it's a video game....people say stuff. Stupid stuff. I really don't think it is traumatizing. Half the guys that play this - were probably on their Xbox two hours earlier - virtually sniping someone in Ghost Recon or something. I'm more concerned about a call for more censorship and limits on speech. It's already stupid enough that you can't type "trump" into chat or a thousand other words.....
    Anyways that's where I'm coming from. 
    Moving on to next topic. Thanks.
    It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. As you are probably aware over the last decade people have lost lives because no one took threats serious enough. This unacceptable behavior no matter what and shouldn't be allowed but Glu is to busy trying to make a matching game work suspending people because they match in the right or wrong order....big picture 🤷
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    I once posted in global then got a bunch of what I consider hot dog pics without the buns.
    Snausages more like it.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Whew, I was worried someone got away with the word Trump on there.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Whew, I was worried someone got away with the word Trump on there.
    Nothing quite that bad thankfully!
    - Blueleopard
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    So glad I don't have to see 'Trump' in chat though! 
    Wow!  Makes me think a thread should be started just to post the inappropriate stuff, maybe an assorted collection will motivate glu
    - Blueleopard
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited May 2021
    It’s not censorship or a limitation of freedom of speech it’s as simple as glu reserves the right to take action as they see necessary unfortunately they don’t do anything. It’s no different than spewing garbage in a public restaurant and the owner kicks you to the curb. Freedom of speech allows you to say what you want but the owner/entity/business reserves the right to kick ur ass to the curb. I think we all understand that. Blah blah 🤷🏻‍♂️ it’s not even debatable. I’ve complained about the sewer that is global chat for years while I think it’s great we have one it needs to be monitored. The problem is we’re still complaining about it. Dont hold ur breath... we will be discussing this next year 👍🏻
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    fatDaddy said:
    So glad I don't have to see 'Trump' in chat though! 
    Truly amazing... right... thank god.. no trump 🤫🤐
    Common sense left planet 🌎 some time ago 
    Started a thread for our favorite sewage, @fatDaddy can you post yours there (can’t believe I just called a man fat daddy)
    - Blueleopard
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I'm just glad we don't have to see the word 'yesterday'!  So offensive.  I'm sorry I had to use it here, please don't ban me.... or do.
    Just no.  
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    I totally hear you, but I don't think there's a salary high enough that'll convince someone to read every message on there.  Even after the EA purchase, we're not as big as you think.  Report as you need to, and CS will get to it.  Part of being in a community is also holding your peers accountable.

I'm not saying I don't agree. Just giving my thoughts there.
    edited May 2021
    I totally hear you, but I don't think there's a salary high enough that'll convince someone to read every message on there.  Even after the EA purchase, we're not as big as you think.  Report as you need to, and CS will get to it.  Part of being in a community is also holding your peers accountable.

I must say politicians all over America are applauding that response!  Think your in the wrong field 😁. Perhaps you should throw your hat in the governors race.  I mean how often do you get the opportunity to beat an Olympic Gold medal decathlon champion?  🤣🤣
    - Blueleopard
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Hey blue, we need a governor too here in the VA. I know you can do a better job than the train wreck that's in the governor's mansion now with that statement you just made. I hope once he goes they lock the doors, take his keys and ban him from ever returning to the mansion.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts

let's talk numbers lol. Might be the only way I start looking at global for more than a few seconds of accidental viewing. 
    Simply throw EW a few boxes and he will do it.  You can find him there 24/7
    - Blueleopard