Captcha Mini Games every 5 games?

dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
Lots of reports of this happening in the last hour. Every 5 games you get the fun match me game lol. Im guessing this is a mistake cause you cant expect this every 5 games. @jalapenocubbies @DFBB @SandlotGuru
"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
– The Great Houmy
Prev1

Comments

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Why am I being tagged lol. Wish I had control of that. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    lol why not cubbies. So you can post in the dev chat, (that wont get read till monday).... lol
    – The Great Houmy
    To be clear I’ve accidentally lost my auto play a handful of times manually playing to fast, that pop up comes so fast it took me a while to get used to it and lost my auto play 3-4x already. 
    lol did you leave the chat.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    lol did you leave the chat.
    Council chat? Yeah I left before 21 came out I thinks so 2-3 months ago. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I get it after 4-5 games every time I log out. Then it will come up after 100 games or so. I have an absent mind, so I've just been playing Tourneys.  Only sucks when BGs are the money maker in the multiplier.  It's not a deterrent, just an annoyance. fix your script 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I am legit getting it every 4 games. This is insanity lol.
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    Getting it a lot and I don’t even have FP. Sometimes after back to back games. Ridiculous. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Getting it a lot here too.  Man I can see how that would really mess up auto tapping.  A pain for legit teams but worth it if it’s effective!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    Just checked in. Can verify it’s every 5-7 games. 
    whynot said:
    Getting it a lot here too.  Man I can see how that would really mess up auto tapping.  A pain for legit teams but worth it if it’s effective!
    It’s just a different box to click.  It’s equivalent to wearing your shoes on opposite feet. Just gotta adapt
    How many people realistically are autotapping? Like maybe a couple clubs and then a few other random people?

I find it interesting (well, interesting may not be the correct word here, but whatever) that they would damage the playing experience to the point of ruin for thousands upon thousands of paying customers in order to stop 20ish autotappers.

I messaged CS and they seemed to imply that the image puzzles every 4 games was an issue that will be resolved and not an intended change, but then again, CS doesn't know anything so it's hard to tell.
    The Devs have said different @JEDDDOGGY. They basically said this was done exactly the way they wanted. But dont worry im sure @DFBB will post shortly that "they are aware of the issue are working on it" or will play it off like it was a mistake and will be fixed shortly. Which is 100% Bs. The match making is flawed as it is, which locks people out all the fukin time. Ask @jalapenocubbies for one. They implement a 5 game limit to solve puzzles on a flawed system that locks you out for 3 hrs on something that you paid for.
    – The Great Houmy
    Well, apparently people are going to suck it up and do the image puzzles every 4 games. All the same names on the gauntlet leaderboard. It's a shame, because the only way anything changes is if people stop playing.

I didnt buy field pass for the 1st time in months and have not opened 1 box or played 1 game. The game is literally unplayable with the image puzzles imo. They have MLB The Show on Xbox now so I may be grabbing that this weekend.
    We can't control our club mates or tell them to stop playing. GLU isn't stupid, they dangle a gauntlet and guys will play for a chance at an ATG. But our clubs along with many others are on a spending freeze, for the most part. FP only. Not that it matters but I dont think it will make a difference @JEDDDOGGY. This company doesnt give a shit about anything anymore.  Such a great game with a great user base that is pissed off 95% of the time. The game cant go more then 1 day without a fukin issue, constant screw ups, no quality control. The people running it should be ashamed and embarassed of how bad it looks. But as long as they making $$$, they dont give a ****.
    – The Great Houmy
    Oh yeah, totally understand that. I guess I am just surprised people are even willing to play with the image puzzles at every 4 games. I know I can't.

When I first saw it I laughed, and didn't mind doing it 5 or 10 times a day. But every 4 games? I'm not solving 500 image puzzles every day, sorry. I'll just quit instead. I wish more people felt that way.

I will say that the one thing they aren't going to do, is sell me the full game autoplay and then proceed to show me 500 image puzzles, and if I happen to get even one of them wrong, they take away what I paid for. They can take their image puzzles and stick them up their hind ends.
    i played about 3.5hrs to finish my 2nd cycle for the day, and been playing WOH since. I cant do it every 5 games, anyone that can, power to you. If I want to play puzzle games, i will fukin play Candy Crush that is free. Not spend thousands of fukin dollars on this crack.
    – The Great Houmy
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    this is worse than having to sit thru 50 Gardenscapes vids in a row....cmon GLU tone it down a bit.....puhleeeezz
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    The Devs have said different @JEDDDOGGY. They basically said this was done exactly the way they wanted. But dont worry im sure @DFBB will post shortly that "they are aware of the issue are working on it" or will play it off like it was a mistake and will be fixed shortly. Which is 100% Bs. The match making is flawed as it is, which locks people out all the fukin time. Ask @jalapenocubbies for one. They implement a 5 game limit to solve puzzles on a flawed system that locks you out for 3 hrs on something that you paid for.
    #illegal as hell
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I try my best to be positive around here, but this every 5 games is pretty ridiculous. Also, the way it is being implemented is even worse. 

The design is to stop auto tapping, so why not just put the incorrect answer where the autotapper would be set and the submit button where the next tap would be.  Then make it where 3 incorrect answers in a row disables it. 

If someone at Glu set up an autotapper, they could solve this much quicker, without harming the rest of us. It would almost like a company having a professional try to hack their system so they could fix where their system is vulnerable. 

This every 5 games reminds me of a few times in the past there have been extreme measures. Gold was removed from all playoffs for about 2-3 days once to stop an exploitation there. Club loyalty boxes have seen their fair share of temporary measures in the past as well. I seriously hope this doesn’t last too much longer. 
    I try my best to be positive around here, but this every 5 games is pretty ridiculous. Also, the way it is being implemented is even worse. 

The design is to stop auto tapping, so why not just put the incorrect answer where the autotapper would be set and the submit button where the next tap would be.  Then make it where 3 incorrect answers in a row disables it. 

If someone at Glu set up an autotapper, they could solve this much quicker, without harming the rest of us. It would almost like a company having a professional try to hack their system so they could fix where their system is vulnerable. 

This every 5 games reminds me of a few times in the past there have been extreme measures. Gold was removed from all playoffs for about 2-3 days once to stop an exploitation there. Club loyalty boxes have seen their fair share of temporary measures in the past as well. I seriously hope this doesn’t last too much longer. 
    Autotapper is not a taboo.  Its basically the norm for diamond players  has been since 18'. The dev's know about it. I'm not sure why obvious forum people deny it.  It's not 20 players, its over 1200 actually. Auto tapping is the only way to success. But, this might be a situation where micros beat macros in gross profit. Seems that way from my point of view 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts

Autotapper is not a taboo.  Its basically the norm for diamond players  has been since 18'. The dev's know about it. I'm not sure why obvious forum people deny it.  It's not 20 players, its over 1200 actually. Auto tapping is the only way to success. But, this might be a situation where micros beat macros in gross profit. Seems that way from my point of view 
    I never said anything about my opinions on auto tapping, nor denying its existence. I’ve played with people who used an autotapper before. My iPhone won’t let me. The one that is “built in” is actually designed to help with disabilities and I could never get it to work for games (and yes I did try). It only gave you 5 taps, when more was needed for a bonus game. 

I do not believe auto tapping is the only way to success though. It makes it easier 100%, but not the only way. I did 1,025 games Wednesday without field pass and without a tapper. 
    I’d like to start this comment by saying I’m an idiot. But here is where I have some issues with the mini games, beyond the popping up every 4-5 games(which has since adjusted since slightly). Here was one of my failed mini games. First I was speed tapping so I missed the 1st one by hitting submit by mistake. Then I failed the 2nd one even though I thought I had it right, I think it’s tricky because some players look identical although they aren’t. It was was 3 brewers players, all white guys with blinding beards so I assumed they were the same, but after other mini games it appears they aren’t so it’s tricky. This is the photo that I failed the 3rd time. 

Now as I said at the beginning. I’m an idiot. I quickly saw the eagle eye photo and said yeah that’s a match not paying attention to the double Eddie rosarios. However, I would argue that the eagle eye photo is the same image. I now know the color overlay is what is considered different, which ok I get but I think we can all atleast see the trickery with good right? Like I’m speed tapping in a gauntlet, I matched the same photo but due to a slight color differential I failed. If they keep doing this, which I expect, I think less trickery the better.
    @TyroneEastwood you're puzzle match famous man!!! 😂😂
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited May 2021
    @jalapenocubbies choke up on the bat and take the two strike approach man! Sorry, couldn’t resist. 😬

In all seriousness, that’s super deceiving and definitely something they should address. Innocent people getting caught in the cross fire is happening way more often than it should. Or so it seems. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    I've been locked for 6 hours this weekend due to this bullshit.
    edited May 2021
    Yeah you buy field pass for the weekend, and then it's like "gee, sorry my puzzle match accuracy is only 1,498 out of 1,500 attempts, guess you can have that field pass back, Glu!"
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Not all white guys look the same, @jalapenocubbies
    You know you've made it in life when your face shows up on a captcha test in TSB.  #Tyrone4council
  • sugarshortssugarshorts Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    Just checked in. Can verify it’s every 5-7 games. 
    I just played 25 games.  No captcha..