WOH Weekend Royale

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts

Bwaaahaaa. Play manually 5.5 through 5.10, get to Montgomery. 8-6, man on second, no outs, tying run at the plate...

Take a wild guess what happened next? 9 straight big loopers in the other batter's box, all called "strikes" and I "lost". LOLOLOL

Great job, GLU.

I'm going diamond tomorrow. I have the gold, cash, and resources to do it. If what Pred says is true, I'm selling my team at the end of next week. This is a chore, not fun. I can understand stuff like this happening at silver and maybe gold, but plat? Jeez...

Should of stayed silver
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts

I'm selling my team at the end of next week. 

This is where comments like “i only spent $1.99 on my team and that’s more than it’s worth” come back to haunt you
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts

Bwaaahaaa. Play manually 5.5 through 5.10, get to Montgomery. 8-6, man on second, no outs, tying run at the plate...

Take a wild guess what happened next? 9 straight big loopers in the other batter's box, all called "strikes" and I "lost". LOLOLOL

Great job, GLU.

I'm going diamond tomorrow. I have the gold, cash, and resources to do it. If what Pred says is true, I'm selling my team at the end of next week. This is a chore, not fun. I can understand stuff like this happening at silver and maybe gold, but plat? Jeez...

@dkarski87 had already told you it is true. That’s 2 diamond teams that have told you that. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    WOH has those trap rounds setup all over. Ive told you this many times Doc..... Adjust to the levels and you wont have any issues. When in doubt, boost 40g, not a big deal.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @bobdylan_fan are you in a stat boost club? I've said it 100 times, but it's an absolute game changer for WoH. 
    So, ummm...what is a stat boost club, and why does it not matter for a lowly silver club like mine? 😁
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited May 2021
    Woh is still a game mode? I thought it was all just bonus games now? 🤷🏻‍♂️🥱 
    You can play Royale WOH. It doesn’t help your club much and it doesn’t really help your team too much either. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Can attest to the stat boost accolade being life changing.  Took a fledgling diamond team from 1 capped player to 8, over 50 wins spending 20-30 gold per cycle to autoplay 1-8,9, 2-8, and 3.8.  Winning about 75-80% of my matchups with Montgomery with Realmuto/ Foil Betts.  I’m in the weird place where evo is really the only thing holding me back as I just crossed through D6 for the first time.  One more weekend like this and I’ll have capped at least a keeper and/or ML and be in very good shape for when primes come out.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    You can play Royale WOH. It doesn’t help your club much and it doesn’t really help your team too much either. 
    Yeah I know I’m just being stupid buddy lol trying to point out the insignificance of woh now days. Pretty sad when ur current favorite game mode of Tsb is watching videos for gold 😂
    Yeah I know I’m just being stupid buddy lol trying to point out the insignificance of woh now days. Pretty sad when ur current favorite game mode of Tsb is watching videos for gold 😂
    That event needs a day of its own 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    DFBB said:
    @bobdylan_fan are you in a stat boost club? I've said it 100 times, but it's an absolute game changer for WoH. 
    So, ummm...what is a stat boost club, and why does it not matter for a lowly silver club like mine? 😁
    It's the Monday accolade. Your club can earn anywhere from a 10-20% boost to all stats. I'm sure it helps at silver, but turns Royale WoH into absolute cake at higher tiers. 

Can attest to the stat boost accolade being life changing.  Took a fledgling diamond team from 1 capped player to 8, over 50 wins spending 20-30 gold per cycle to autoplay 1-8,9, 2-8, and 3.8.  Winning about 75-80% of my matchups with Montgomery with Realmuto/ Foil Betts.  I’m in the weird place where evo is really the only thing holding me back as I just crossed through D6 for the first time.  One more weekend like this and I’ll have capped at least a keeper and/or ML and be in very good shape for when primes come out.
    Once you get your keepers/ML capped, it'll be super, super easy. After that, WoH will be very repetitive and you're likely to lose motivation because you won't have a short term need for bxp. The cash will always be nice, but it's honestly just boring. However, for new-ish diamond teams, it's the single best way to improve your team. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    dkarski87 said:
    WOH has those trap rounds setup all over. Ive told you this many times Doc..... Adjust to the levels and you wont have any issues. When in doubt, boost 40g, not a big deal.
    You inspired me to take one more run. Got to 5.10 again. Spent. Lost in 7 ABs. Spent again, 80g this tkme. Lost in three ABs. 

I was not meant to win this. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    dkarski87 said:
    You inspired me to take one more run. Got to 5.10 again. Spent. Lost in 7 ABs. Spent again, 80g this tkme. Lost in three ABs. 

Big picture problem is the WOH award isn’t worth the time or the 80g you spent to try and win him. 
    I just tried woh(stat20 club) on my holder team(silver). I don’t have keepers, but it has decent players. Anyways, it was painful. I lost twice at 4.10(although I don’t boost). The first L, I was down 1 with the bases loaded and no outs. Pop up, then the dp. Lol. Video replay, got a couple of hits to begin things, but once again, I hit into a dp. To top it off, my holder’s phone is old and insanely slow. Idk how guys 1)play woh in low tiers on a regular basis and 2) play on old phones that are slow. Anyways, I ain’t trying again. Lol
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    dkarski87 said:

Big picture problem is the WOH award isn’t worth the time or the 80g you spent to try and win him. 
    This is painfully true. I think we have a collection of people who still strive to complete the cycle out of bitter nostalgia. I just look at it like 15 minutes of work. I'll grab the player and slow play the event. No way in hell am I playing woh over and over. Waste of time and effort. Were pretty much at the 2 year mark when that 10/10 unicorn chick left our lives. She ain't coming back fellas...
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    This is painfully true. I think we have a collection of people who still strive to complete the cycle out of bitter nostalgia. I just look at it like 15 minutes of work. I'll grab the player and slow play the event. No way in hell am I playing woh over and over. Waste of time and effort. Were pretty much at the 2 year mark when that 10/10 unicorn chick left our lives. She ain't coming back fellas...
    In all fairness, I hadn't beaten level 3 before this weekend. I just wanted to beat it. I spent like 200 gold total. The player reward isn't even worth a video replay, let alone 200 gold. In the end, it's a game. Banging out BGs ain't all that much fun either. I can measure the growth of my team (to some degree) by my performance in WOH. That's my enjoyment here. That may not be for everyone, but I'm also not spending thousands of dollars on it. Obviously, our end games are different. 
    Cooz19 said:
    In all fairness, I hadn't beaten level 3 before this weekend. I just wanted to beat it. I spent like 200 gold total. The player reward isn't even worth a video replay, let alone 200 gold. In the end, it's a game. Banging out BGs ain't all that much fun either. I can measure the growth of my team (to some degree) by my performance in WOH. That's my enjoyment here. That may not be for everyone, but I'm also not spending thousands of dollars on it. Obviously, our end games are different. 
    Yeah people play the game different, and I can respect that. The issue is obviously that the one event everyone could come together for was woh. On a Monday you could compete by just simply playing woh. You get the woh award and you play all day. Decreasing the woh play to a 3rd/4th tier player just sucks. You are right, endlessly playing BG has been a real drag as well especially the newly added feature which significantly slows it down.  
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Glu phasing out a manual game play mode like WOH while making an easily automated system of looped BGs their mainstay event/mode, and then dangling 8k gold for every 1k of them you complete. Gee, wonder why people wanna autotap? :#

They are just begging for people to exploit using automated tools/bots, but they get so up in arms about it and focus 90% of their resources and efforts to stopping it instead of fixing many other of the more glaring problems. Either introduce more manual game modes, or accept defeat in the war vs. automation. Please. You had a great thing, and you're ruining it/have ruined it.
    Yeah people play the game different, and I can respect that. The issue is obviously that the one event everyone could come together for was woh. On a Monday you could compete by just simply playing woh. You get the woh award and you play all day. Decreasing the woh play to a 3rd/4th tier player just sucks. You are right, endlessly playing BG has been a real drag as well especially the newly added feature which significantly slows it down.  
    I didn't want to get into it because there's enough negativity floating around, but you hit the nail on the head. This is just my perspective, which is that of a low-level, f2p player who just likes to use this as an additive activity along with my usual baseball consumption. The thing I miss from even two years ago is the sociability. We don't have any one thing that unites the clans, so to speak, so the topics of conversation go away from gameplay and strategy and into doom and gloom. I think the game itself (NOT speaking about rewards or difficulty or anything else), the options available now, everything is much better than it was in the past. I say some of this perhaps because I feel like a ton of the suggestions I made were eventually implemented, so I feel a (false) sense of ownership with it. I love Rally, the multiple lineup feature helps with SF, X-factor helps you build players in unique ways, Weekend Royale is great for game play...all of these things just don't seem to mesh the best with certain financial goals the company has to create the best game experience. Maybe nothing can be done. But I do enjoy the options available. 
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Glu phasing out a manual game play mode like WOH while making an easily automated system of looped BGs their mainstay event/mode, and then dangling 8k gold for every 1k of them you complete. Gee, wonder why people wanna autotap? :#

They are just begging for people to exploit using automated tools/bots, but they get so up in arms about it and focus 90% of their resources and efforts to stopping it instead of fixing many other of the more glaring problems. Either introduce more manual game modes, or accept defeat in the war vs. automation. Please. You had a great thing, and you're ruining it/have ruined it.
    Cost. Plain and simple. They don’t want people building great teams for free or relatively low cost. They learned from their mistakes. If it benefits the players they need to change it so they can draw more money. Why give you a good players for next to nothing when they can make you open 10 boxes a week or buy players outright? Cash, BG, etc are the problem now. We are wasting so much money chasing bxp guys with ATG odds, it will get worse because you’ll have the same odds, but need legend xp which is exponentially harder and more expensive to get. Sad reality. You need to be rich or be content with an average to below average team of you don’t want to spend. I’m neither. So now I’m left with a decision. But really the game made the decision for me. 
    We are wasting so much money chasing bxp guys with ATG odds, it will get worse because you’ll have the same odds, but need legend xp which is exponentially harder and more expensive to get. Sad reality. You need to be rich or be content with an average to below average team of you don’t want to spend. I’m neither. So now I’m left with a decision. But really the game made the decision for me. 

I came into this season saying I wasn't even going to play much until legends come out. But, here I am.

But, the point you make about legends is true (and its true for primes, as well).

So, actually, I may be doing the opposite of what I said I was going to: play the game while the more affordable bxp players are here, and then be forced to quit when legends come out because I cannot afford to play.

And man, that's a hard thing to hear myself say: That I, a person who makes a very good income, cannot afford to play a phone game. Very sad indeed.

JEDDDOGGY said:
    We are wasting so much money chasing bxp guys with ATG odds, it will get worse because you’ll have the same odds, but need legend xp which is exponentially harder and more expensive to get. Sad reality. You need to be rich or be content with an average to below average team of you don’t want to spend. I’m neither. So now I’m left with a decision. But really the game made the decision for me. 

I came into this season saying I wasn't even going to play much until legends come out. But, here I am.

But, the point you make about legends is true (and its true for primes, as well).

So, actually, I may be doing the opposite of what I said I was going to: play the game while the more affordable bxp players are here, and then be forced to quit when legends come out because I cannot afford to play.

And man, that's a hard thing to hear myself say: That I, a person who makes a very good income, cannot afford to play a phone game. Very sad indeed.

I thought I spent a lot, but these color coded VIPs really put it Into perspective. When you know what it cost people to get to those levels, that is something I’ll never attain lol. I mean good on them but really just shows me how priced out I am. 
    JEDDDOGGY said:

This is exactly what I did last year. I played until about the time primes came out and then quit in May. It was fantastic. I hate it when primes get released honestly. 
    @JEDDDOGGY @jalapenocubbies You guys can do well as an affordable bxp player like me! I just got Jizz Chasolm three times!!! It's normal to lose seven times in the first 16 rounds of Warmup WOH, right? 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    What I don’t understand is that now with them offering a foil bxp player that is also bonus all week, what is the harm in having a top tier player as the WOH reward? You still can only use him for 2 days max as a bonus players. So most players would move on from them after a couple of days and buy the new players for the sets and bonus points. It would definitely reinvigorate the event if they made the player useful. I’m pretty sure the reason is what is mentioned above, which is they don’t want people getting any good players without spending. But at the same time, the game kind of moved away from team building and is just about buying boxes for sets and points.
    sullipa8 said:
    Cooz19 said:
    What I don’t understand is that now with them offering a foil bxp player that is also bonus all week, what is the harm in having a top tier player as the WOH reward? You still can only use him for 2 days max as a bonus players. So most players would move on from them after a couple of days and buy the new players for the sets and bonus points. It would definitely reinvigorate the event if they made the player useful. I’m pretty sure the reason is what is mentioned above, which is they don’t want people getting any good players without spending. But at the same time, the game kind of moved away from team building and is just about buying boxes for sets and points.
    It's actually quite easy to get a good team(ideally, you have access to a plat+ club for cvc); crushing club points, however, is another story. The latter can be very, very expensive and/or time consuming. Team building was a huge component of the game in '18 and '19. Now, it's just about club points. 

I do agree with your take on the WoH players. The event definitely needs an overhaul. Honestly, 'hall of fame' aka, 'DTI(don't try it),' is just a shell of it's former self. That thing used to give me goose bumps. Down six, Thor on the mound....amazing player IF you somehow won(hello prime votto, legend scioscia, etc.) and were able to cycle enough to level them....Now, I just get sleepy. lol
    sullipa8 said:
    Cooz19 said:
    It is 100% cost. They don’t like giving people good players. Why let someone get a decent player for free when they can charge excessive amounts via mystery boxes with offensive odds? In 2018 you could build a solid team via woh alone. To a lesser extent the same for 2019. But last year and this year forget it. I’m as guilty as anyone for “feeding” the beast with money. Well not everyone as I’m just a poor red VIP. But yeah, they’ve tried to fill every crack in the ability to obtain good players for little to no cost. So while it wouldn’t hurt them to give us good woh players or better odds, they don’t do it because then people spend less. 
    edited May 2021
    DFBB said:
    I do agree with your take on the WoH players. The event definitely needs an overhaul. Honestly, 'hall of fame' aka, 'DTI(don't try it),' is just a shell of it's former self. That thing used to give me goose bumps. Down six, Thor on the mound....amazing player IF you somehow won(hello prime votto, legend scioscia, etc.) and were able to cycle enough to level them....Now, I just get sleepy. lol

^^ This!

Making it through a challenging tower (its no longer challenging, lets be honest) to get an amazing player (player is no longer amazing) is what had everyone engaged. Not clicking 40 gold to reuse the same player 1000* times for club points.

*1000 times based on 5 levels x 10 pitchers x 20 cycles LOL
    DFBB said:
    sullipa8 said:
    Cooz19 said:
    It's actually quite easy to get a good team(ideally, you have access to a plat+ club for cvc); crushing club points, however, is another story. The latter can be very, very expensive and/or time consuming. Team building was a huge component of the game in '18 and '19. Now, it's just about club points. 

Even this though took away from what a great event woh used to be. There wasn’t 4 different towers or anything. We talked about it. The excitement of who was going to be the woh award was awesome. I remember for a good stretch in 18 too, the Monday woh award was a top player from the weekend(GASP! A recycled player!)and an atg box and XP. New players, new boxes, bonus sets, varying towers. They have just over complicated what was a simple and enjoyable event. 

And don’t get me started on the 6 levels which I left out. 
    DFBB said:
    sullipa8 said:
    Cooz19 said:

The excitement of who was going to be the woh award was awesome. I remember for a good stretch in 18 too, the Monday woh award was a top player from the weekend(GASP! A recycled player!)and an atg box and XP. 

Man, I used to love writing those WoH threads. I'll never forget you, Holiday Ted! Before 'that' guy, I'd always remind guys to 'dream of Posey(lol)' the night before WoH....Remember when catchers were insanely tough and Posey, you get it...lol. Loved the community vibe regarding the WoH rewards. It was always a running joke, but we had so many guys in the club who would constantly refresh/restart the app just to see who the WoH guy would be. Then, the race to see who the new pitchers would be. Once upon a time, they changed every 2-3 weeks. Oh and delays? Screw that. We ain't waiting to play!