Cooldown?

CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
Is it true that people are getting 30 minute Time outs for club hopping?
"If you can't beat them, report them"
Prev1

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Is it true that people are getting 30 minute Time outs for club hopping?
    no.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    😢😢😢
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    😢😢😢
    Imo, your views represent the the majority. However, the spenders are very loud and strongly oppose cooldown. The easy 'fix' would be to make it where club points don't accrue once you club hop(like the club challenge), but that would be bad for business. In the end, I doubt we'll see cooldown return. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    edited May 2021
    No chance the majority of users want cooldown back, the have put so many restrains on the game that it forces players to leave their club everyday for cash and evo.  I mean it really seems like they dont want the big spenders playing anymore. If that's the case, remove the high AS levels and just cap the game at AS10 and make it even for everyone. This match making game every 5 games is the final straw for alot of the big clubs. The game is meant to be played a fast rate, you try and get yourself into a groove hammering games to increase your output. Stopping to solve puzzles every 30-60sec is a fukin joke. Its nice to see @DFBB posts something finally thosl, was tagged in a few posts all week without response. Pass a message along to the developers. What once was a "great game" i use that term very fukin lighly, just keeps getting worse and worse. Please dont give me your fukin bs "its a business" speech Alex, cause its getting fukin old bud. How does this make business sense for them? Are we playing Candy Crush or Match Making games? Fuk no.

Dont worry, ill answer that for you. It doesn't, the reason I bet that most people arent really complaining about this is because the casual players might be lucky to play 100 games a day. Compared to the diamond teams that need to play 2k games a day. Anyways, best of luck to everyone in the future. Meet some great people over the years considering it was thru this disease of a game that nobody should be playing.

F()ck You Glu. (Please Don't Edit) Very IMPORTANT.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    edited May 2021
    Auto tapper for sale cheap, pm .... well you know who ^^^^

Before you delete the game can you stop by and drop your gloves bud @dkarski87?  Figure I could take my bronze club to diamond today, thanks!
    - Blueleopard
    Nope not me, why don't you go back to monitoring global you fukin troll. I have never met anyone in this game that is more useless then you. You bitch and complain about the dumbest things and dont even play the game. Go make better use of your time you fukin douche. Way too much time on your hands.
    – The Great Houmy
    I just give away clubs to anyone who wants them, minus dipshits. You better hope they bring back cooldown this week. Cause im going to search your club and smash every bracket just for the fun of it.
    – The Great Houmy
    just to make it interesting @whynot. I will gift anyone that has you in their bracket and lets me in. Ill get them top rewards for the day and make sure you dont even crack top 25.
    – The Great Houmy
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    How does this make business sense for them? 
    Because guys keep buying what they’re selling...
    edited May 2021
    Awesome bud!!!  HMU and I’ll get you the screenshot of the bracket.  FYI those are my lol’s, ya crack me up bro! 😁😁
    - Blueleopard
    O dude I dont disagree with you @jmsorioles33 lol. Im a fukin moron along with most of the big players in the game. This game is worse then crack and any addiction. They feed on it with no regard for anyone. We had a few guys last year that quit, nicest guys you would ever meet. Spent over 100k on this game in 1 year. I mean that is worse then any addiction you can describe.
    – The Great Houmy
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Wow....100k.... I hope Glu gave them a complimentary tube of astro glide once hitting the 100k mark... I mean at least for services rendered...
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    It truly is the most addictive definitely the strangest addiction I’ve ever had. I’m not sure what keeps me logging in and chasing at this point... tho I said that last year. I think maybe it’s become such a time filler for me at work and is so engrained in my daily routine it’s hard to replace... and also that sense of investment made. Played with some big spenders over the years.. out of my league 😳 🤑
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Wow....100k.... I hope Glu gave them a complimentary tube of astro glide once hitting the 100k mark... I mean at least for services rendered...
    I’ve heard 105K would have gotten him a TSB sleeping bag
  • DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts
    No cool down just ruined competitive nature of game and clubs . It also took away real club rivals and clubs putting up points from actual members . It’s sickening going into global during events as you n club grinding away when see bunch of clubs full of Vips begging for charity or offering gifts for points . Don’t know how bunch vips can’t do top 10-15 on their own ? Then get some big clubs go around to friends clubs helping them get #1 spot then move on to another . Used to be guys giving each other shit in global and you would need to do your own work trying to catch each other and it helped create rivals now all gone as clubs just stack with friends doing charity or daily pay for point players not same members like with cool down. 
    It’s also very **** up go into events check ladder and some club got 2billion points within 30 mins start then check mvp rankings they all full of hoppers that joined club put up huge points then all left and most of times check points at end of event and players actually in club put up zero points or less than 5% but get 1st place from the hoppers just messing up the ladders. 

Removing Cool down also lead to the insane amount of clubs be creating when clubs can’t compete in a division they recreate a club and outspend the minors for easy top 3 rewards . Cool down at least made it tougher to just keep creating clubs having clubs stay in main club and fight it out in Cooperstown or Majors not dropping to Minors being cowards. Also with cool down not allowing hoppers you had to recruit long term actives put up points so the members would stay since there would be club battles on ladders big clubs stay in Cooperstown as it wasn’t worth creating new club or doing points for gifts. 

I know I’m in the minority as vips n spenders love having to do less grind and just spend money for someone else to grind or go get bunch gold from gifts not playing 7 days a week with your club as there is no pride/loyalty in clubs and just doesn’t feel right / fun has been lost as never see clubs again as they reset or not same members with everyone hopping . 

Miss the good old days oh well just my take and had get rant out about how no cool down sucks but also shows what ViP council likes /wants for themselves doesn’t improve the game overall or for fun for everyone , other example is people complaining about all the BGs for events but vip council said wanted to get rid of prime games event day since vips needed bgs to cycle Diamond 6 and prime don’t count so prime event got pulled last year and now see Vips whining being bored so many bgs this year . 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Yeah, but whaddya do? There are downsides to each stance on this. I'd argue having people help out increases the sense of community and competition across the game. 
    i can see both sides of it, the simplest fix is just dont allow pts scored after you leave a club to register. We have it in other modes, the same could apply here. Cool-down basically was another way to starve players from resources, simple as that. As soon as they implemented cool-down, we saw EVO SPECIALS within a few hours. Complete joke tbh. As its been pointed out, they are trying to constantly find more ways to generate more money, which they should, its a business. But if they did it from a different perspective I bet you they would make just as much money. Make people happy and offer them good specials and they will buy them up, those AS bundles we saw a few times for 8k gold for 20$. I would buy that x10 if they let me. They are just not in touch with there user base on any level, high spender or non spenders.
    – The Great Houmy
    DirectFX said:
    No cool down just ruined competitive nature of game and clubs . It also took away real club rivals and clubs putting up points from actual members . It’s sickening going into global during events as you n club grinding away when see bunch of clubs full of Vips begging for charity or offering gifts for points . Don’t know how bunch vips can’t do top 10-15 on their own ? Then get some big clubs go around to friends clubs helping them get #1 spot then move on to another . Used to be guys giving each other shit in global and you would need to do your own work trying to catch each other and it helped create rivals now all gone as clubs just stack with friends doing charity or daily pay for point players not same members like with cool down. 
    It’s also very **** up go into events check ladder and some club got 2billion points within 30 mins start then check mvp rankings they all full of hoppers that joined club put up huge points then all left and most of times check points at end of event and players actually in club put up zero points or less than 5% but get 1st place from the hoppers just messing up the ladders. 

Removing Cool down also lead to the insane amount of clubs be creating when clubs can’t compete in a division they recreate a club and outspend the minors for easy top 3 rewards . Cool down at least made it tougher to just keep creating clubs having clubs stay in main club and fight it out in Cooperstown or Majors not dropping to Minors being cowards. Also with cool down not allowing hoppers you had to recruit long term actives put up points so the members would stay since there would be club battles on ladders big clubs stay in Cooperstown as it wasn’t worth creating new club or doing points for gifts. 

I know I’m in the minority as vips n spenders love having to do less grind and just spend money for someone else to grind or go get bunch gold from gifts not playing 7 days a week with your club as there is no pride/loyalty in clubs and just doesn’t feel right / fun has been lost as never see clubs again as they reset or not same members with everyone hopping . 

Miss the good old days oh well just my take and had get rant out about how no cool down sucks but also shows what ViP council likes /wants for themselves doesn’t improve the game overall or for fun for everyone , other example is people complaining about all the BGs for events but vip council said wanted to get rid of prime games event day since vips needed bgs to cycle Diamond 6 and prime don’t count so prime event got pulled last year and now see Vips whining being bored so many bgs this year . 
    Everyone has their own agendas and the VIP council is no different. The key, imo, was getting representation from a wide range of users. In the end, whatever changes you want to credit/blame the council, it only happened because it aligned with their goals. 

Cooldown during event hours and/or club points being not counting for club hoppers(my vote) is something that I've preached for a good while. My thing has always been about creating awareness or bringing up an angle that possibly hasn't been considered. Once those things come to light, if they choose to go another direction, so be it.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    DirectFX said:

You really don’t understand the VIP council at all if you think this had anything to do with them lol. I promise you the VIP council had literally no bearing on anything that happens. They did basically nothing the players wanted. Also, there is still prime games 5 days a week so I’m not sure where you think they went lol. 

You can blame the VIP council for whatever you want but as someone who attended, I promise you no one there asked for more players, more boxes, ATG odds on bxp players. In fact I can specifically tell you when cooldown was brought up we said numerous times just to not allow movement during the event. 

You can blame the VIP council for whatever you want but as someone who attended, I promise you no one there asked for more players, more boxes, ATG odds on bxp players. In fact I can specifically tell you when cooldown was brought up we said numerous times just to not allow movement during the event. 
    I think part of it is that guys need/want someone/something to blame for the issues because the general lack of communication can be very frustrating. Guys just want to be heard and I totally get that. However, that's all myself or any non-glu employee can do: create awareness. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I wouldnt blame anyone on the council for anything. You guys are just the voice for players. If you want to point fingers and blame someone, blame @Tyroneeastwood
    Yeah, I mean, @TyroneEastwood is Thanos, basically. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Here's my take.... Glu reps before VIP council meeting, "we will do everything opposite that the VIP council brings up, we will just smile and nod our heads in affirmation the we actually do care but we actually can give a f*** less about them or the players they represent, we just want to get this waste of time done and over with so we can make our tee times.... Oh and uhh.... whoever came up with this lame idea of a VIP council meeting should be fired because it's a waste of time and we are going to do what we want to do anyways. Now everyone smile and act as if their concerns are valid the meeting is about to start".
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    edited May 2021
    It's a fking phone game. I'm not sure how this hasnt been brought up. They're here to capitalize on people with addictive personalities and are old enough to provide disposable income. The council is a joke. Has been since I started playing. It's just to satisfy their PR requirements. People need to stop assuming Glu has their customers best interest. They dont push record profits that way. I'm fully aware that I'm a 500$ a month pawn in this game. I really dont blame anyone orther than myself.  2018 ain't coming back. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    DirectFX said:

I think @DFBB and @jalapenocubbies already addressed this but as another guy who was a member of last years council, you are a little misguided in what you think we wanted or what power we had.   We mainly tried to bring up concerns that were shared by other members of the community, club members and etc.   Some changes were implemented and some weren't but in reality we tried to bring up things we thought would help the majority of people.   I am sorry you dont see it that way.   

Bottom line, as much as the council members tried to voice/provide feedback.They really have no "pull", GLU did it as a front to show good face to public perception of them. Its really unfortunate because most of the VIP council members are very well informed and long term players that should have been an eye opener for the developers. However, like all of them have mentioned....They failed to listen/care. Can't blame anyone, the only thing we can do is stand united.

– The Great Houmy
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    based on everything I have heard the last few years about the council... this sums it up. 

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I don’t want to completely shit on the vip council. They were very accommodating and honestly everyone was very fun to talk with. I’m just noting that if anyone thinks changes were made based on what was discussed there, I can assure you nothing has. Everything has remained status quo(woh) or been expanded negatively(player volume, player odds, bonus players)
    Not sure why the council thing is brought up as often as it is. Does the platinum donors club at the University of Alabama report back to the big fan web site to go over the game strategies they wanted incorporated? No, they probably had a weekend of booze and swag, got to talk to the AD, maybe the head coach, who gave them the time and attention their extraordinary donations merited. Then they went home, and the program went back about the business of winning football games (i.e. making money). No one yells about the donors' failure to convince the coach to stop punting on fourth down so much.