POTM - continued

JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
As if we already haven't discussed the utter 💩💩💩 that the box has become, on a day where they highlight Mets and Braves with the new box can they make POTM deGrom a bonus... nah too sensible. we need Mercedes and Acuna for the umpteenth time. #Comical
Prev1

Comments

• xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    I just bought PoTM Acuna from Player Shop for $225k blue cash.  
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    xracman said:
    I just bought PoTM Acuna from Player Shop for $225k blue cash.  
    Which means he's discontinued as a bonus player
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    50% of the potm box, and 50% of the potm for purchase haven’t been used as a bonus player 10 days after being released. Pitchers are already limited because of woh, so now they have even less value. They choose the bonus players so this is just a blatant disregard by them. Can’t blame this on the game crashing etc. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Wait.... there’s a potm and potw box?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    Hey the ones you can buy for $50 bucks are bonus. But screw the box guys I guess. 
    Hey the ones you can buy for $50 bucks are bonus. But screw the box guys I guess. 
    Ya man, that set is gross! 100$ plus you gotta chase down Turnbull to make it worthwhile
    But ya got to hand it to glu, fools will still buy it and complain later.
    - Blueleopard
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Wow, so basically spend $100 and then fish out the 2% Turnbull for a set.

whynot said:
    But ya got to hand it to glu, fools will still buy it and complain later.
    I mean I won’t make the mistake again, but yeah I kinda thought the box players would be a bonus at some point. 
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Another month with 3 hitters (all righties) and 5 pitchers for POTMs. Yaaaaaaaay!

If the box odds remain the same, these boxes will be extremely skippable.
    I won’t be wasting another 20k gold to pull gerrit Cole 7x for him to be used 3x the entire month, and he was only used because we had to remind glu the entire time. 
    Cant wait to see those 50$ USD potm bundles in store for obsolete pitchers...
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Just an FYI, here are the winners for the month of May:

Players of the Month: Marcus Semien (AL), Fernando Tatis Jr. (NL) Pitchers of the Month: Rich Hill (AL), Kevin Gausman (NL) Rookies of the Month: Adolis Garcia (AL), Trevor Rogers (NL) Relievers of the Month: Liam Hendricks (AL), Ryan Tepera (NL)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Your list wasn’t complete @DFBB. You forgot the winners are all who don’t buy the POTM 📦 
    - Blueleopard
    They’re here. Sort of. 

• LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    Ahh yes, the bonus players that aren’t actually attainable!
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Well, I guess sales on those $50 POTM pitchers were good enough they're doing the same thing again.

/sigh
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Similar drop rates as all the other boxes. Don’t they get that the reason the POTM boxes used to be valued was their generous drop rates? I understand they’re boosted, but they’re still weaker than the primes. Either make them all 380 or increase the drop rate to 35% or better. But like this? No thank you.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    There also isn’t a single hitter in there I would want to chase. I clearly don’t need any new pitchers because I haven’t lost a game in over a month. 

Maybe payoff pitch being around consistently would make this box more valuable?
    whynot said:
    Your list wasn’t complete @DFBB. You forgot the winners are all who don’t buy the POTM 📦 
    Going to be lots of 'losers.' Plenty of people will buy them. 
    I clearly don’t need any new pitchers because I haven’t lost a game in over a month. 

Gausman is the guy I want most. His ratings are 326 arm/407 stuff at d10. Currently, my best pitcher is my keeper Fergie(315 arm/385 stuff). You do bring up a great point though. If you don't play a lot of games(I think it's less than 15k wins), then you don't need much to win. An all plat team, I think, crushes if they are below that threshold. Anyways, if you can't afford primes, these are significantly better than the alternatives. I'll take my shots tomorrow. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    At 365, they are not bad tbh. Current players are 340, so it will def help alot of people to snag a couple of these for the month. Good adjustment they made.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Well, I guess sales on those $50 POTM pitchers were good enough they're doing the same thing again.

/sigh
    Why change it? People buy them. The same 10 clubs and couple hundred players drive the game so no reason to change anything as long as they keep spending and playing. Paying to keep up is impossible, but they won’t change as people are still spending. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I bought the cheaper one, 27.99, ended up getting Tatis twice in those 5 boxes.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    0-11 on POTM boxes, this game is an effing joke! Instead of me being engaged and playing and spending, all it does is piss you off and not want to play or spend one penny this weekend. Great business decisions fellas!!
    @DFBB broke it down pretty good. With potm being 360-365. While I still don’t like the box change from years past, it does have better value than the regulars weekend and weekday boxes. While their boost is temporary, 360-365 will be better than bxp guys for the month. So while I may not have the shiny new toy from the weekend, I spent my gold allotment on potm instead of weekend boxes. 
  • RougherRougher Registered Users, Member 49 Posts
    Why is Rodgers only 300 max?
    Rougher said:
    Why is Rodgers only 300 max?
    It's been reported. All the former potm got dropped and he was on that list. I'm sure it'll get adjusted soon. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I'll likely look at trying for Gausman/Tatis as my SS is a 320, and a 365 will steal a few more wins vs all these 150-170k+ teams I'm running into in tourney finals that my 340s can win occasionally.  Kinda wish it went to previous years where getting established in D6 meant you were gtg till primes were prevalent.  I'm still winning 80-85% but having to play another 200 games per D6 is pinching at resources a bit.
    I'll likely look at trying for Gausman/Tatis as my SS is a 320, and a 365 will steal a few more wins vs all these 150-170k+ teams I'm running into in tourney finals that my 340s can win occasionally.  Kinda wish it went to previous years where getting established in D6 meant you were gtg till primes were prevalent.  I'm still winning 80-85% but having to play another 200 games per D6 is pinching at resources a bit.
    It's a weird spot for sure. I honestly don't think Tatis will help you too much vs' the good teams, but Gausman is going to be money. Garcia is nice and he has a great chance of getting multiple rookie of the month honors.