Pxp and primes....

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    whynot said:
    Love this thread!  Makes me feel proud of my spending! 🤪🤪
    The other side of this is that not everyone looks at the game the same. New primes today, but all I'm focused on are the bumps to keepers/ML(esp ML). Games are now considerably easier(at least, until prime SPs). Obviously, I'd love to have the Ohtani prime, but I wouldn't be able to level him anyways so it's easy for me to move on. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    @DFBB: With a team full of D10 guys at 330 and ML now at 340, I should still be able to cycle Who on Monday, correct?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    @DFBB: With a team full of D10 guys at 330 and ML now at 340, I should still be able to cycle “Who” on Monday, correct?
    Come on Doc, Don’t get fooled again
    @DFBB: With a team full of D10 guys at 330 and ML now at 340, I should still be able to cycle Who on Monday, correct?
    You should be fine. You should also be fine in platinum so take that for what it's worth. lol. Honestly, the only thing different about today is that if you want the shiny new toy, it got a heck of a lot more difficult(like, almost impossible difficult). At least, if you want to level them. As far as game modes(like WoH), it got even easier. For now, anyways. 
    In case anyone is curious, primes will NOT be a bonus beyond this weekend's event. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    DFBB said:
    In case anyone is curious, primes will NOT be a bonus beyond this weekend's event. 
    Not really understanding their thought process on that? Not sure why they wouldn’t continue what they’ve been doing? Bxp players hold more value than pxp players..ok 👌🏻  It gave more incentive to chase those tough to pull players... definitely decreases their overall value they need to increase the odds on them if this is the case. Glu 👎🏻👎🏻
    DFBB said:
    Not really understanding their thought process on that? Not sure why they wouldn’t continue what they’ve been doing? Bxp players hold more value than pxp players..ok 👌🏻  It gave more incentive to chase those tough to pull players... definitely decreases their overall value they need to increase the odds on them if this is the case. Glu 👎🏻👎🏻
    Idk. I mean, I'm with you. I think they should be bonuses throughout the week too, but it is what it is. For me, it just makes them that much easier to ignore. 
    @DFBB: Plat wasn't working well at all. So many lower level auto sim losses and insane amount of curve outs to go along with the mandatory "first time through losses" I whined about prior. Diamond is an improvement, but there are still three curve outs on final rounds starting at Level 3. I got 9 and outed on 3.10 at diamond twice Monday and once Wendesday, four times on 4.10 and once on 5.10. STUPID

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

@DFBB: Plat wasn't working well at all. So many lower level auto sim losses and insane amount of curve outs to go along with the mandatory "first time through losses" I whined about prior. Diamond is an improvement, but there are still three curve outs on final rounds starting at Level 3. I got 9 and outed on 3.10 at diamond twice Monday and once Wendesday, four times on 4.10 and once on 5.10. STUPID
    Wow. I didn't realize that you went diamond. Keepers absolutely dominate. Idk which keepers you have, but if you have them capped, along with ML, you'll be more than okay. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Hate primes, cause they  shinny new toys I cant resist. I ended up getting both in 2500g / FP boxes. But of course there is no PXP in the game really. Bought large FP hoping there would be some PXP and total of 20 boxes of crap amounts. Pretty horrible value, serves me right tho. If it wasn't Ohanti with those skills, I wouldn't have done it.  But I love WOH and Rally and  hes a stud for atleast a month. At 70%, its 265k pxp, not counting skills. I spent a bunch of gold on upgrades to get some jackpot FR boxes..... So spend 20k gold and get 5k PXP on average.. lol come on GLU. Atlest put out the pxp jackpot bundles so people can level the players.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Hate primes, cause they  shinny new toys I cant resist. I ended up getting both in 2500g / FP boxes. But of course there is no PXP in the game really. Bought large FP hoping there would be some PXP and total of 20 boxes of crap amounts. Pretty horrible value, serves me right tho. If it wasn't Ohanti with those skills, I wouldn't have done it.  But I love WOH and Rally and  hes a stud for atleast a month. At 70%, its 265k pxp, not counting skills. I spent a bunch of gold on upgrades to get some jackpot FR boxes..... So spend 20k gold and get 5k PXP on average.. lol come on GLU. Atlest put out the pxp jackpot bundles so people can level the players.
    I spent 130k gold just to bottom my team out, and with clearing field pass 6x plus boxes I got 116k pxp. It’s pure trash. But now I can be done. No longer tempted. 
    Yea I barely had enough to get him d7, went chasing repulls and didnt go well.

– The Great Houmy
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Bigpredfan said:c
    @DFBB: With a team full of D10 guys at 330 and ML now at 340, I should still be able to cycle “Who” on Monday, correct?
    Come on Doc, Don’t get fooled again
    https://youtu.be/UDfAdHBtK_Q

Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I'll see you guys when legends drop. 🍻✌

"If you can't beat them, report them"
    @Bigpredfan whats the breakdown on the expected return on the PXP boxes currently offered. There are 2 different ones, 1 for skills and 1 (Prime Box Special)...Have different amounts in them.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    @Bigpredfan whats the breakdown on the expected return on the PXP boxes currently offered. There are 2 different ones, 1 for skills and 1 (Prime Box Special)...Have different amounts in them.
    The prime improve box yields an expected 417 PXP per box (41,700 if the averages hold over 100 boxes). But hey, evo!

The prime XP deal box in the specials comes down to 915 on average. 

Those are the only 2 I currently see. I remember the skills box, but can’t find the odds on it right now. 
    I'll see you guys when legends drop. 🍻✌

That's what I'm doing now. Not just legends, ATGs.

@Bigpredfan there are 2 blue PXP boxes in specials. Sorry, 2 different PXP boxes, they look the same but they are not. One of them goes up 10k pxp and the other goes to 7.5k I think.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    @Bigpredfan there are 2 blue PXP boxes in specials. Sorry, 2 different PXP boxes, they look the same but they are not. One of them goes up 10k pxp and the other goes to 7.5k I think.
    I just clicked on every one in the specials I could see. They all went to 10,000.  I remember the box the had with the special labeled for skills, but just can’t find the odds on that box 
    ah shit your right, its gone now.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    edited May 2021
    The only player who would significantly improve my scoring is Yu Darvish. Assuming that it’s an even split between the 340s in the box (big assumption) then it’s a 1 in 40 shot to get him. 6 boxes for £15 - with gold to but 6 more boxes. I assume $15 for you guys - so you need to spend over £50 to get him if you have average luck. No incentive to try and get him. Give your heads a wobble glu. 
    lol to be honest I never realized how bad the odds were on the boxes till you mentioned it. 250 box has a 84% pull rate of XP and the 500 box is like 67% chance of XP.
    – The Great Houmy
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2021
    Well, I've had this Ohtani prime sitting here staring at me for almost 24 hours now....

The prime improve box is 279 gold with my discounts, which makes expected value something like 14,700 pxp per 10,000 gold. So if I were dump the 117,500 gold I have into prime improve boxes, I'd get somewhere just below 180,000 pxp. The 5 or 6 mega pxp boxes I'd get via fan rewards should add 35,000k pxp or so to that if I have average luck with them. I'm also starting with 41,000 pxp that I already have. So would still need maybe 120,000 pxp to cap. Am I missing some obvious ways to get pxp? Am I retarded and should save the 41,000 pxp and 117,500 gold I have?
    The best way is to try and box cap, obviously at 1% its not realistic but I know a few guys that got 3-4 re pulls in about 100k spent.  I mean the only way to really do it is by offering some pxp jackpot specials for clubs to buy, otherwise you cant level them. 20k gold spent in FR gets your 5k on average. 25k for 100k spent (fr only). So yea, not ideal.
    – The Great Houmy
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Well, I've had this Ohtani prime sitting here staring at me for almost 24 hours now....

The prime improve box is 279 gold with my discounts, which makes expected value something like 14,700 pxp per 10,000 gold. So if I were dump the 117,500 gold I have into prime improve boxes, I'd get somewhere just below 180,000 pxp. The 5 or 6 mega pxp boxes I'd get via fan rewards should add 35,000k pxp or so to that if I have average luck with them. I'm also starting with 41,000 pxp that I already have. So would still need maybe 120,000 pxp to cap. Am I missing some obvious ways to get pxp? Am I retarded and should save the 41,000 pxp and 117,500 gold I have?
    The pxp jackpot boxes average about 8.9k pxp per box, plus the 25k is guaranteed by box #5 so if you open six, you should get about 70k pxp on average. 

I'm not a fan of the prime improve boxes at all, but if you're desperate...no, still not a fan. I only like(huge stretch here lol) the prime improve boxes if you need it to finish off a level/skill. Buying them in bulk, man, that's brutal. I know guys do it, but I guess you just have to decide if it's worth it for you. Either way, if you can't realistically cap him, then it's pointless imo. 
    What are the chances we get a prime on Monday? 1%?????
    – The Great Houmy
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    dkarski87 said:
    Lol. That's a hard 0%  
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    5 (odds are out of 1000)
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I’d say 100% Chance for a new prime in the box, sub 1% for a woh prime, but you never know. I could see them doing. Woh box with like a really low pull rate. 
    dkarski87 said:
    I would say the chances of getting a new prime on Monday are the exact same chances that we think Glu would want us to chase something. I say 100% new prime, WOH box with something like BXP player or prime XP 90%/prime player 10%