WoH for 5-24-21: Confirmed.

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
edited May 2021 in General TSB Discussion
I can confirm that there is indeed, no pxp. Also, the chart is updated with today's date and it's the same as last week. 
If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Today, as in...5-24-21, right? 
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    Maybe he means same rewards as March. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    Today, as in...5-24-21, right? 
    Just noticed my headline. Lol
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Took an hour only to lose 5 times plus a restart on level 2:

Triple play on 2.10, refused to use video replay out of spite
    Loss on 2.8, refused to use video replay out of spite
    Loss on 2.9, finally used video replay. Lost again.
    Lost autoplay on 2.4
    Lost on 2.10 again.

They think this is fun and engaging.
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    so far today I have collected clash..
    oh yeah that's it.

you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    At least you can beat walk-off, @JEDDDOGGY. I put 40g into 5.9 and lost in two pitches. WARM-UP. It doesn't even pay out anything, I just want to win for once. 

I'm nowhere close to where you guys are, but my team is pretty solid, considering I haven't spent anything. I wouldn't think it'd take substantially more than I have to beat the lowest level. Maybe that's why I pulled Arenado twice today, which seems as improbable as me getting struck by lightning while my winning lottery numbers are called out. 

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @Cooz19 Well... the only explanation I can think of is that if the odds are 8 out of 1000 and they give out 6 Arenados to 6 f2p teams, then they can give 2 Arenados to 994 spending teams, and then the odds even out and, technically, are "correct".
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    At least you can beat walk-off, @JEDDDOGGY. I put 40g into 5.9 and lost in two pitches. WARM-UP. It doesn't even pay out anything, I just want to win for once. 

I'm nowhere close to where you guys are, but my team is pretty solid, considering I haven't spent anything. I wouldn't think it'd take substantially more than I have to beat the lowest level. Maybe that's why I pulled Arenado twice today, which seems as improbable as me getting struck by lightning while my winning lottery numbers are called out. 

improbable is leveling him to Silver.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    edited May 2021
    Yeah, @2020KC I'm already facing the steepest part of the Ohtani-to-S10 mountain. We're retaining our rights to Arenado and just letting him play in independent leagues for a few months while I save to level him. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited May 2021
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Took an hour only to lose 5 times plus a restart on level 2:

Triple play on 2.10, refused to use video replay out of spite
    Loss on 2.8, refused to use video replay out of spite
    Loss on 2.9, finally used video replay. Lost again.
    Lost autoplay on 2.4
    Lost on 2.10 again.

They think this is fun and engaging.
    I haven’t even played past 1.2 yet. Got Arenado from a free box and I think I’ll claim that as my victory for today (and that’s just prime XP after tomorrow). 

Now it is PXP after Thursday 
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @Cooz19 Well... the only explanation I can think of is that if the odds are 8 out of 1000 and they give out 6 Arenados to 6 f2p teams, then they can give 2 Arenados to 994 spending teams, and then the odds even out and, technically, are "correct".
    I don't think this theory is far off the truth. In this case, consider "f2p" one bucket, and "paying" another bucket. Those buckets represent groups of users, and they could be segmented out in whatever fashion the game decides. The odds they're required to post speak to a global population, but they can achieve the posted odds while still loading up one bucket if they grossly dilute another bucket. 

I'm not a math major, but the odds of me pulling Ohtani and Arenado x2 in maybe 10 total boxes opened are considerably lower than me sleeping with Jennifer Lawrence tonight. Or any night. Am I just the luckiest player in this game? Or am I in a bucket that, for whatever reason, gave out more of a player who's globally extremely rare? Maybe their internal data suggests players who have played as often as I have will eventually spend at a level that it's worth feeding me a bit. Alternatively, note the multiple users in here who have suggested they stop playing, come back and suddenly get great pulls from boxes. 

tl;dr no way I've had the same odds as those posted on the last two boxes, but I also won't be sleeping with Jennifer Lawrence tonight. 
    Man, I'm real disappointed that there's no pxp in cycle rewards. I did enough to get the 300mill for the CC and now, I have to decide how important a top ten is for me. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Man, I'm real disappointed that there's no pxp in cycle rewards. I did enough to get the 300mill for the CC and now, I have to decide how important a top ten is for me. 
    End comment there.
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    edited May 2021
    Anyone have lvl 5 Bazooka Tower pitchers???
    NOT the same, 5/24 confirmation @DFBB appears to be unconfirmed. No biggie, but my Glu-icide was unsuccessful and been slow playing, appreciating more than 1hour mystery 💩
    So far lvl5 is RRLL… Confirmed 😜

• fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    the rest are LHP
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Thx @fatDaddy confirmed RRLLLLLLLL
    Just got slaughtered on 5.10😂🥊
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    DFBB said:
    This is what surprised me. That they didn’t add PXP into the rewards in some way. I knew there wouldn’t be a prime player. They just aren’t that serious about WOH anymore. But I was hoping they would at least add some PXP somewhere in the reward structure. But nope, not even a token amount. Very disappointing. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Cycled once yesterday and stopped. Not worth it right now. Will just build up resources again for several weeks until the squeeze is done. Not in the mood to play events that involve little to no skill with no solid rewards.

Good job, GLU.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Alright lets put this into a different perspective. So lets say they do add some pxp into WOH, I hear alot of you having issues currently with WOH. If they add pxp into the towers, that means the difficulty will go up again. If you have issues with WOH right now, then I doubt it going to get any better after another update.  WOH will always be tougher in the lower tiers, everyone knows this. And it will only get harder until later in the year when you have better rosters to cycle with.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Alright lets put this into a different perspective. So lets say they do add some pxp into WOH, I hear alot of you having issues currently with WOH. If they add pxp into the towers, that means the difficulty will go up again. If you have issues with WOH right now, then I doubt it going to get any better after another update.  WOH will always be tougher in the lower tiers, everyone knows this. And it will only get harder until later in the year when you have better rosters to cycle with.
    I don’t disagree with this but to me woh at this point is designed to get resources. Not many people play for the player anymore, especially right now. So not even giving the smallest amount of pxp I didn’t play a single round of woh yesterday. Didn’t need the player or the bxp. Definitely feels like they coulda thrown a small amount of pxp in there without ramping up the difficulty. When you need as much pxp as it takes to level a diamond player it wouldn’t kill them to throw a little bit here and here. 
    You just said the reason why they didnt cubbies. WOH is designed to "get" resources not "buy" resources. The game has evolved into buying not earning. It will get easier down the road for sure, but its the same thing every year, they starve everyone at first offering the worst possible specials cause people will buy them in desperation. Just like a junkie needing a fix, doesnt matter how much the crack costs, they will still buy it.
    – The Great Houmy
    sullipa8 said:
    DFBB said:
    This is what surprised me. That they didn’t add PXP into the rewards in some way. I knew there wouldn’t be a prime player. They just aren’t that serious about WOH anymore. But I was hoping they would at least add some PXP somewhere in the reward structure. But nope, not even a token amount. Very disappointing. 
    I didn't expect a ton, but maybe a 'sampler' size. lol. I was really looking forward to doing my keeper skills. :(
    Keepers will start to lose their edge even with those bumps. They are still  40pts behind the primes, even with there slighty better hit/power ratings they are far below the primes. They need to bump keepers slightly higher then the BXP players. I think  340-355 keepers would make it more appealing.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    You just said the reason why they didnt cubbies. WOH is designed to "get" resources not "buy" resources. The game has evolved into buying not earning. It will get easier down the road for sure, but its the same thing every year, they starve everyone at first offering the worst possible specials cause people will buy them in desperation. Just like a junkie needing a fix, doesnt matter how much the crack costs, they will still buy it.
    Agreed. Not sure why but this year seemed significantly worse. Maybe I’m wrong. But I remember having some pxp when primes came out the last couple years, this year I had none. I know sure I did when legends came out because I was able to cal Ripken that first weekend for legends. And yeah I get it they want us to buy. But like I said, throwing 500 pxp wouldn’t have hurt them. Even if you spent all day cycling 60x that wouldn’t have been a crazy amount. Instead a lot of people just didn’t play at all. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Everything is worse this year. It doesn't "seem" worse. It is.

Last year when Primes came out, I was able to cap a new Prime at gold with little to no issues without spending a ton. Nearly impossible this year without spending a ton to get the PxP.

If they keep robbing us of opportunities to earn resources on this game with skill, then it is a pointless game for me. Just buy, buy, buy, then autosim. There is no skill at all involved in that.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Agreed. Not sure why but this year seemed significantly worse. Maybe I’m wrong. But I remember having some pxp when primes came out the last couple years, this year I had none. I know sure I did when legends came out because I was able to cal Ripken that first weekend for legends. And yeah I get it they want us to buy. But like I said, throwing 500 pxp wouldn’t have hurt them. Even if you spent all day cycling 60x that wouldn’t have been a crazy amount. Instead a lot of people just didn’t play at all. 
    IIRC pxp has always been scarce when first introduced.   I think the first primes last year were Kershaw and Stanton and very few could touch them and two years I remember it taking me weeks to level that stupid Monster May Josh Bell.   You are correct about the lxp last year tho as it was in WOH, bigger chunks in FR and I believe if you bought the large FP there were bigger chunks as well.
  • bigmeatpetebigmeatpete Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I also pulled arenado twice yesterday in 8 boxes. Luckiest man alive. Just until i have enough pxp then i wont pull one, ever. Ive spent Maybe $50 this year. Absolutely pointless to pull a pxp player unless I spend a couple hundred real dollars just to bring him to gold 10. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts

IIRC pxp has always been scarce when first introduced.   I think the first primes last year were Kershaw and Stanton and very few could touch them and two years I remember it taking me weeks to level that stupid Monster May Josh Bell.   You are correct about the lxp last year tho as it was in WOH, bigger chunks in FR and I believe if you bought the large FP there were bigger chunks as well.
    The “nice” thing about that was they werent gamechanging players (stanton had ter skills) and bxp guys were 350. It was more of just a signal that primes are here than a call to action to get/level them. This year they released an incredible woh bat at 380 when no one was above 330 heading into the weekend, so some guys went hard. 

Im still pretty shocked with no pxp in woh yesterday despite 2 new primes being released. There just seems to be a disconnect between the caliber of players they release and having any reasonable means to level them.