Options

Is TSB21 Now The Most Expensive Mobile Game?

Comments

• Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    How in the hell are you supposed to level those guys?  Prior to prime release, we were able to easily box cap these players. Now, that's essentially gone
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts

Obviously the 340 players were not intended to be 
    0.5 odds. Maybe the 330 was supposed to be 5 percent and the 340s 2.5? Still not fixed... jeez I hope people didn’t chase those 340s 🤮 ridiculous mistakes. 
    I genuinely don’t think it was a mistake. It’s a 250 box so pull rates are already lower. I just think they look at it as 1% for a 340 player in a 250 box. 
    Didn’t think of it that way.. gotcha 👍🏻 No matter how they look at it absolutely stupid odds. 
    never ever cease to amaze...
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I think you’re right. To pull multiple .5% to .8% players, barring miracle luck, that’s ungodly amounts of gold, then go level them 🤮. I haven’t spent in 11 days now and I’m feeling pretty good. I spent hours upon hours on the game daily not to mention money. To push me away should say something but I don’t see it resonating as today is peak “I can’t afford to play anymore”. I’m with As I have no idea how They can see this leading to player engagement but it must otherwise why keep doing it. 
    This place has turned into an AA meeting. 
  • Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    I think you’re right. To pull multiple .5% to .8% players, barring miracle luck, that’s ungodly amounts of gold, then go level them 🤮. I haven’t spent in 11 days now and I’m feeling pretty good. I spent hours upon hours on the game daily not to mention money. To push me away should say something but I don’t see it resonating as today is peak “I can’t afford to play anymore”. I’m with As I have no idea how They can see this leading to player engagement but it must otherwise why keep doing it. 
    This place has turned into an AA meeting. 
    I don’t disagree but, it’s helping me not spend or play so until I’m banned I’ll keep talking about it lol. 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Well, the daily topics of conversation used to be positive and constructive.

Now, our daily topics of conversation range from boxes with player odds of 0.4% that cost $1000+ to level if you haven't already spent that much to acquire them, to whatever is broken or not working on any given day.
  • Options
    No, honestly, @jalapenocubbies, I'm glad you aren't spending. I hope others follow suit. If it matters, your reasoning for not spending is spot-on. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    No pxp in event rank rewards or progress rewards another mistake I’m sure and yadi is .4 😂👌🏻Atg’s had better odds 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    lol everyday there is a new prime.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Yadi is top 3 one of my favorite Cardinals of all time (Pujols, Yadi, Ozzie Smith).

But, I literally have zero ambition to try to get him as it would cost me about $2,000 by my estimation to acquire & level him. Even if it were $200 and not $2,000 then I would still not even be tempted.

This is way out of control. LOL
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    No pxp in event rank rewards or progress rewards another mistake I’m sure and yadi is .4 😂👌🏻Atg’s had better odds 🤷🏻‍♂️
    That 1,200 PXP from progress rewards the last 2 days was just way too much to give out for free. That is almost enough to level a prime to where they would get hits. 
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Our team is extremely passionate about sports, but the quality of a really engaging mobile game is really up to how quickly its audience can adapt to its main game--and for TSB, take away all the nitty gritty, it's all about hitting the ball.

To the question at hand -- no.  Definitely not.  You can easily do a search on Google to see what's higher.

Honestly, it isn't about "hitting the ball". It is about hitting the "purchase" button on items like field pass, gold, boxes, etc, for the purpose of building a different team, almost daily, so you can then auto-sim as many games as possible to score points. There is literally no skill in that other than knowing what you can afford to fork over.

The games on the app that do require skill have been watered down to the point of boredom, as there is little to no reward for them any longer. We are at a point now where you only get back about 2% of what you put in if you want to compete.

If you just want to play the skill games, you don't have to spend as much, but again, the rewards are no longer worth it.

Maybe the team should consider making events like WoH and the prizes involved worth the time. Maybe supply some resources other than in specials through events like it was in the past. The game is now only catering to the top addicts. It is obviously working well now, but this won't sustain itself.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    Cooz19 said:
    No, honestly, @jalapenocubbies, I'm glad you aren't spending. I hope others follow suit. If it matters, your reasoning for not spending is spot-on. 
    The game has just passed me up. Releasing So many players, so many unicorns to chase with these pathetic odds. There is no way they can think these odds and costs are reasonable. I guess they just do it because they can. Just simple math in your head tells you these odds and cost of accruing resources are for the filthy rich. There’s no other reasonable way to get it. In a month they’ll throw us some pxp and say “we heard you” then legends will come out and it will be even harder and even more expensive. It’s the nature of the game. There is no amount of money I can reasonably spend to keep up, so I’m deciding to just not spend any.
  • Options
    its also impossible to maintain the blue cash and xp to level all these player's every week. So it really depends on how you play game. If you need to level 4-5 players everyday, thats a huge strain on your cash more then anything.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    I’m a diamond team who hasn’t played 200 games that count towards a D6 run since last Thursday. I’m currently at 850/1000 and the desire I had to start the season really disappeared in the last week. If I don’t have the desire to play a few games for resources, I clearly don’t have a desire to spend any money either. 

Maybe it is time for my 9-month hiatus again 
  • Options
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

To the question at hand -- no.  Definitely not.  You can easily do a search on Google to see what's higher.

Can you? I did find that TSB surpassed $340 million in lifetime revenue last season. That's just last season, so who knows what that number is now. That's also across 48 million downloads, which is about $7.08 per download. Pokemon Go, for instance, has $6.4 billion in lifetime revenue across 1 billion downloads, which is $6.40 per download. So it's definitely up there...
    Lifetime revenue goes back to the first Tap Sports Baseball released in 2014.  It's harder and harder to climb that mountain every year because of constantly changing licensing fees between our publishing partners.  Don't get me wrong -- it's definitely still a high number that's nothing to sneeze at, but even within Glu we aren't thought of as the top dog.

The beauty of a successful mobile game is this -- everybody plays the game differently. Everything is balanced. If the dev team focuses on one side of the seesaw, the other parts fly too far. I've worked on plenty of projects that have had "happy" communities.  There's a reason I don't work/manage them anymore. (They're gone. :neutral:
  • Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Can you? I did find that TSB surpassed $340 million in lifetime revenue last season. That's just last season, so who knows what that number is now. That's also across 48 million downloads, which is about $7.08 per download. Pokemon Go, for instance, has $6.4 billion in lifetime revenue across 1 billion downloads, which is $6.40 per download. So it's definitely up there...
    Lifetime revenue goes back to the first Tap Sports Baseball released in 2014.  It's harder and harder to climb that mountain every year because of constantly changing licensing fees between our publishing partners.  Don't get me wrong -- it's definitely still a high number that's nothing to sneeze at, but even within Glu we aren't thought of as the top dog.

The beauty of a successful mobile game is this -- everybody plays the game differently. Everything is balanced. If the dev team focuses on one side of the seesaw, the other parts fly too far. I've worked on plenty of projects that have had "happy" communities.  There's a reason I don't work/manage them anymore. (They're gone. :neutral:
    Happy communities (happy customers) spend more money. Unhappy communities (unhappy customers) do not. I agree 100000% that everyone plays the game differently. But everyone on here, including myself, are hesitant to pull out the wallet. And for good reason. And something needs to dramatically change for me to think about spending. Nothing has been worth it and actually, pretty insulting. But what do I know? 🤷‍♂️
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:

I appreciate you jumping on to face the firing squad I just find it hard to believe TSB focus is to have a “unhappy” community. If it is I’d say it worked. I also understand what half of the community likes, the other half won’t like so pleasing everyone isn’t always an option. I think there are a lot of things that can be done that would make everyone happy. Things like actually using potm as bonus players(Gerrit Cole still hasn’t been used), not reactivating a potw like we were told would happen and has happened the last 3 seasons. This doesn’t even touch of the player box odds, lack of resources to level said players. But small things like previously mentioned seem like no brainers that somehow always slip through. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Yeah, I mean that's been proven a bazillion times. Happy customers spend more money. 

It's not even about happy customers at this point. We're all pretty mad lol. The odds on player boxes, pricing/value on in-app purchases and availability of various resources just isn't realistic. The average user is not a multi millionaire.  

If it costs about $1,000 to obtain and level a prime player, how many people actually do that vs how many people quickly decide this game is too expensive to play?

MLB baseball is a big deal. Its definitely Pokemon-level-big-deal. I feel like this game could easily hit the 1 billion users mark if it weren't so expensive to play and there were not so many bugs/tech issues. But yet, Pokémon Go has over 20 times the number of users (even though it was released 2 years later than TSB).
  • Options
    The overall feel and enjoyment of the game is at an all time low, doesn't matter how you try and spin it Blue. You guys are offering a new prime every single day without any way players being able to level them, wtf is the point? You want people to spend money? Then start offering some better specials and/or ways to obtain those resources. You have 39 bonus players this week, do you know how much it costs to level those players? Doubtful cause I bet you nobody on your dev team actually plays the game. If you did, you would know what it takes to level and play with all these sets every single day.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I believe my issue mainly revolves around the lack of balance. Prime players will be hard to level when they first come out. We all know this. But BXP players have also become slightly harder with the new percentages in the boxes. That 250 box on the weekend was my main source of BXP for 2-3 weekends in a row. I would play games all throughout the week, save the gold, buy those boxes like crazy, buy field pass to level them up, and then keep buying to have XP for other players in the event I saw a player I wanted to chase. 

Now I don’t have a reason to chase anyone. 

I do not think this is necessarily a happy/unhappy customer issue as much as it is a balance issue in the game. When my dog groomer went up in price, I understood why and was happy to pay her for her service. But that was because my dog grew 20 lbs. what I got matched up. We went from 330 max players to 380 max players, and the 330 max players suddenly got harder to level?  

Where is Thanos?

edit: basically when some things get harder for the consumer, either there should be a good reason or some things should be easier to help alleviate the new struggles. When it all gets harder, that is when I feel like it drives people away (like me playing just 50 games today, but spending over an hour on a different game on my phone instead)
  • Options
    Lol is Tyrone, Thanos?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I believe they are so far out of touch with the game as in they don’t realize how much it costs to level a prime player. Most would argue they know exactly what they are doing.. and I used to believe that. But I think we’ve now crossed a threshold of ridiculous cost that can only be blamed on they don’t have a clue... because they don’t actually play the game. 
  • Options
    I'm still trying to figure out how several entire clubs D10 capped both prime players, without using the word cheat.  I find it difficult to believe that this amount of people would be willing to dump over thousands for a 3 day rental. Maybe one of the big boys could chime in and shed some light into how one legitimately done this. 
  • Options
    I'm still trying to figure out how several entire clubs D10 capped both prime players, without using the word cheat.  I find it difficult to believe that this amount of people would be willing to dump over thousands for a 3 day rental. Maybe one of the big boys could chime in and shed some light into how one legitimately done this. 
    I’ve already said this but I think more people are willing to spend than we think. But also, if your willing to spend 130+ on the weekend you can get 70% off on primes which is like 282k pxp. Still cost a ton to get but still way more reasonable. Again, if this is the expectation moving forward that you need all 3 field passes 2x a week just speaks to what I’ve said all along. They’re ok losing a few guys like me if the big guys keep spending. 
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Is it “cheating” if the devs assist guys to obtain and level primes..... asking for a friend
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    I believe they are so far out of touch with the game as in they don’t realize how much it costs to level a prime player. Most would argue they know exactly what they are doing.. and I used to believe that. But I think we’ve now crossed a threshold of ridiculous cost that can only be blamed on they don’t have a clue... because they don’t actually play the game. 
    I’m sure that they (devs) do play the game and fully realize how much it costs to level a prime player, however since they don’t actually have to spend money to level up their players they don’t feel our pain. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Levelling primes on the weekend is much more reasonable. As @jalapenocubbies stated, I know alot of guys that take them D5, which at 70% is like 120-130k. Then chase repulls like dumb asses. The key is the 70% discount to even have  a shot at pulling this off. Example. One of the counsil members that does not partake on these fourms took his Ohtani to d4 last weekend, spent 100k gold on boxes and repulled him to d10.  Luck of the draw on the boxes, its not fesabile tho without spending a crapload on repulls.

Then you gain an additonal pxp source from repulling (25-29k per). Still a bunch of horseshit dropping fukin new primes every day without giving people a "reasonable" way to level them.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    Then you gain an additonal pxp source from repulling (25-29k per). Still a bunch of horseshit dropping fukin new primes every day without giving people a "reasonable" way to level them.
    Not disagreeing with any of this, but is it unreasonable to think maybe they're just getting a few primes in the system to let those who are ok spending a bit and try to get ahead of the curve, then plan to open up the availability of pxp? It just seems like a temporary thing. If they launch one prime player, then flood the economy with pxp, the value of that player goes down tremendously. If they have, say 10-12 of them out there, and restrict the amount of pxp, they create a boatload of options, and allow there to be more diversity of teams from top to bottom.
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

7 boxes of bonus players today.

SEVEN

That's just....well i'll farm gold.

Wait, no double gold, no care.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    @Cooz19 yes thats accurate. Im guessing this weekend or next week they will slowly start to give out more pxp to the masses. (give out = buy from specials).
    – The Great Houmy