Is TSB21 Now The Most Expensive Mobile Game?

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2021
    Event brackets have been super easy the last 2 days. I haven't purchased a mystery box since Monday (so nothing Tue, nothing Wed, nothing today) and I'm in 4th place right now and its just me all by myself with like 4 bonus guys.

I think that says a lot.

EDIT: 3rd place LOL
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    dkarski87 said:
    Then you gain an additonal pxp source from repulling (25-29k per). Still a bunch of horseshit dropping fukin new primes every day without giving people a "reasonable" way to level them.
    Not disagreeing with any of this, but is it unreasonable to think maybe they're just getting a few primes in the system to let those who are ok spending a bit and try to get ahead of the curve, then plan to open up the availability of pxp? It just seems like a temporary thing. If they launch one prime player, then flood the economy with pxp, the value of that player goes down tremendously. If they have, say 10-12 of them out there, and restrict the amount of pxp, they create a boatload of options, and allow there to be more diversity of teams from top to bottom.
    I could see this, if they also weren’t releasing bxp players with the same terrible odds. Tuesday we had a box where the prime had the same odds as 2 bxp players. Also, you make 5 bonus sets and 4 of the 5 require a player whose odds were .4 to .8%. I understand wanting to make primes “elusive” but the other stuff is just gauging the players. I think my argument would be, yes make the ability to obtain ALL primes and diamond cap ALL primes hard right now if you want. But it shouldn’t be impossible to level 1. Which as the current setup has it, it is incredibly expensive to even be able to level 1 prime. As I said, if you spent $130 bucks on Field Pass on the weekend, it would be 282k pxp. That doesn’t include what it would cost to obtain the player and get the pxp to level just 1. Yes guys who can drop major coin will obviously always have and should have the advantage. But it shouldn’t be impossible to level a guy for someone who drops or dropped $200 a week. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    @Cooz19 yes thats accurate. Im guessing this weekend or next week they will slowly start to give out more pxp to the masses. (give out = buy from specials).

The fact that they never released blue boxes of LxP in 20 told everyone the direction this was going with resources. That was your first sign it was just going to get more expensive to play at any level.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

They will “give out” pxp when it’s worthless. So when legends come out and the best primes are 40-50 below the curve. You will be flooded with pxp. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yeap, I dont buy into all the b.s that gets posted here by the admins. Happy users = spending users, I mean its not fuking rocket science here. Starving players to the point where they dont want to play isnt going to get you very far , there business model caters to sucking in those new crack addicts. News ones come in, old ones go out... if the cycle continues then they dont need to change anything. It comes down to what is always has, they dont care. And someone mentioned it yesterday, the the whole see-saw shit. In years past, not counting last year. Resources were easy to get, or players were easy to get. Thats what kept the balance in the game, now its both. So please stop feeding people bullshit about a level see-saw cause its 100% b.s. 
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I could see this, if they also weren’t releasing bxp players with the same terrible odds. 
    And that's a fair point. I'm just saying, if we accept these things as fact without having numbers to prove it (and I think we all agree these things are true): 
    1. There are people, whether they speak on here or not, who spend several thousand dollars on this game routinely. 
    2. The idea of balance in a pvp game includes the need for people to lose so other people can win. 
    3. Logically, odds mean far less to those willing to spend obscene amounts of money to get the players normal players can't get, so those teams can beat every opponent. 

So in a way, this process is giving those who are able and willing to out-spend their competition a leg up on everyone else. The game is giving them time to spend, because, naturally, the game values those spending to that degree far more than it values those who don't. It'll even out a bit, but right off the bat, they're giving the whales a chance to establish their foothold over the rest of the game. 

Bottom line is we can offer up all the customer feedback we want, but they have the numbers, and it's hard to think a game that's a part of a company recently acquired for over $2 billion doesn't have a sense of what it's doing, or what's best for its bottom line. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Where is Thanos!? Aka @TyroneEastwood. Aka The Black Cove
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    Cooz19 said:
    I could see this, if they also weren’t releasing bxp players with the same terrible odds. 
    And that's a fair point. I'm just saying, if we accept these things as fact without having numbers to prove it (and I think we all agree these things are true): 
    1. There are people, whether they speak on here or not, who spend several thousand dollars on this game routinely. 
    2. The idea of balance in a pvp game includes the need for people to lose so other people can win. 
    3. Logically, odds mean far less to those willing to spend obscene amounts of money to get the players normal players can't get, so those teams can beat every opponent. 

So in a way, this process is giving those who are able and willing to out-spend their competition a leg up on everyone else. The game is giving them time to spend, because, naturally, the game values those spending to that degree far more than it values those who don't. It'll even out a bit, but right off the bat, they're giving the whales a chance to establish their foothold over the rest of the game. 

Bottom line is we can offer up all the customer feedback we want, but they have the numbers, and it's hard to think a game that's a part of a company recently acquired for over $2 billion doesn't have a sense of what it's doing, or what's best for its bottom line. 
    I think I’ve always maintained that position that they care about their whales more than they do any other player. So you’re right with that. I don’t think what you said though changes my viewpoint. They will have an advantage because within a week they’ll have a capped prime team. Doesn’t change my stance that they should still make pxp available enough for a $200/week spender to be able to level 1, not all, just 1 prime. I’ve never asked to have the best team, but making things attainable if you are willing to spend should happen. You’re right, they know what they are doing, I don’t have to like it,  but now I also don’t have to spend or play. I wish I would have accepted this long ago I woulda saved a ton of money. I guess my discussions both during and after VIP council left me with hope. Things that were discussed never happened and were made worse. 
    Glu as a whole is doing very well. TSB is also doing very well, as a moderate portion of their portfolio of games.

TSB wouldn't be the first Glu project to go under (hint: there are MANY that have), but I think the prospects of that happening are very slim. It's the 4th highest grossing mobile sports game as of May 25, 2021. However, as you can see, MLB 9 Innings is right behind them. Which, MLB 9 Innings is a boring/terrible game by comparison (just being honest), but is much cheaper to play in my limited experience with it.

To be fair, though, @JEDDDOGGY measuring the health of a baseball game in the early to mid-spring is like taking May 5 sales to determine the most popular beer (probably gonna be Corona). The game is at its high water mark. Its rank today vs. other titles doesn't give you the clearest picture you could have. This doesn't even show us total downloads. If that's up like 30 percent from last May (very well could be) then you've got something. 
    Doesn’t change my stance that they should still make pxp available enough for a $200/week spender to be able to level 1, not all, just 1 prime. 
    If that happens next week, did they fail to meet your expectations? Legit question, I'm not arguing. If they made enough pxp available for that level of spending frequency, then the whales -- whom we both agree the game cares more about -- don't have total dominance. If you have it and you're only spending $200 a week, it has less value. I have nothing invested in this at all, literally and figuratively. I'm just saying they're likely to open it up more after maybe a week, 10 days, so the whales get free reign for a bit and people at your level of investment can get moving. I could see why they'd do that. But absolutely, if that doesn't fit with your values, don't spend.
    I’ve never asked to have the best team, but making things attainable if you are willing to spend should happen.
    But if you are willing to spend, things are attainable. It's ridiculous and totally unreasonable, but it is what's happening.
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Since the game has become crazy expensive with all the BPs, I recently have cut back and I mainly stick to the weekends. I play a little bit during the week (that’s if I get lucky and pull a BP from a free box), but I don’t chase players like I do on the weekends. It’s a pretty good balance for me. I also play games with other players. You just have to find what works for you. I do want to note that this is the only game that I have played this long. However, it is extremely disappointing what has become of WOH. What used to be one of the best events in this game, is now the worst. It’s boring and like I have mentioned before, the only event where I fall asleep in the middle of batting. Lol. And don’t get me started on TB...

Welcome to the VIP council all you newbies. 😁

To answer the question though, isn’t clash of clans the most expensive? 
    @Cooz19 Yep, it does make sense that golf & baseball games are at the top of the list instead of football, basketball because it is summertime. My point was more so that MLB 9 Innings is more of a competitor than people would realize, and not that TSB was a top grossing game overall. I'm just saying, even though MLB 9 Innings sucks, people will go play that instead if their wallets no longer allow them to play TSB.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited May 2021
    snowy24 said:

To answer the question though, isn’t clash of clans the most expensive? 
    Totally unrelated, but I really regret getting my oldest son into games like clash of clans. Growing up, I gained a lot of confidence because I was able to do well at video games. Most apps, however, are very difficult to 'beat' unless you're spending and certainly not reasonable for an f2p 6-7 year old. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Cooz19 said:
    Doesn’t change my stance that they should still make pxp available enough for a $200/week spender to be able to level 1, not all, just 1 prime. 
    If that happens next week, did they fail to meet your expectations? Legit question, I'm not arguing. If they made enough pxp available for that level of spending frequency, then the whales -- whom we both agree the game cares more about -- don't have total dominance. If you have it and you're only spending $200 a week, it has less value. I have nothing invested in this at all, literally and figuratively. I'm just saying they're likely to open it up more after maybe a week, 10 days, so the whales get free reign for a bit and people at your level of investment can get moving. I could see why they'd do that. But absolutely, if that doesn't fit with your values, don't spend.
    I’ve never asked to have the best team, but making things attainable if you are willing to spend should happen.
    But if you are willing to spend, things are attainable. It's ridiculous and totally unreasonable, but it is what's happening.
    They’ve already failed to meet my expectations. Again, my expectations were set based in conversations both at VIP council and beyond. We’re my expectations unreal? Maybe, but fact is things were discussed that never came to fruition, and they’ve expanded on some of the biggest heartburns their players, including myself, had. 

I’ve plAyed long enough to know, they will piss people off, throw them a carrot in a few weeks say “we heard you” and then find the next venture to make us unhappy. Like @dkarski87 said. They will make it more “available” via bundle Buys, but there won’t be a significant way to obtain it for a while. Maybe a small chunk in woh. A woh box with a slim chance to repull a prime or whatever. But in the end, you’ll need field passes(all 3) to “reasonably” be able to level any prime. 
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @Cooz19 Yep, it does make sense that golf & baseball games are at the top of the list instead of football, basketball because it is summertime. My point was more so that MLB 9 Innings is more of a competitor than people would realize, and not that TSB was a top grossing game overall. I'm just saying, even though MLB 9 Innings sucks, people will go play that instead if their wallets no longer allow them to play TSB.
    TSB is the only mobile game I play. I tried mlb 9 innings and it sucks lol. I’m not gonna threaten to go play something else. I get your point, but from a personal side, I’ll just keep not spending rather than move my money to another game. The end of the day the ROI for me is just gone. I never expect to break even, you can’t win real money and we all play knowing you don’t get back resourcewise what you put in. The game just isn’t fun anymore because if you aren’t wealthy enough to drop thousands a week it’s basically impossible to be competitive in any facet of the game. 
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    This gets used about 4-5 times a week, no bs. @TyroneEastwood

4-5 times a week? More like every day
    I'm still trying to figure out how several entire clubs D10 capped both prime players, without using the word cheat.  I find it difficult to believe that this amount of people would be willing to dump over thousands for a 3 day rental. Maybe one of the big boys could chime in and shed some light into how one legitimately done this. 
    Hard work,  blood, sweat, and tears. And like a years salary
    Instead of a "He went to Jared" commercial, we need a "he went to GLU"...

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Except one leads to marriage, the other leads to divorce
    I'm still trying to figure out how several entire clubs D10 capped both prime players, without using the word cheat.  I find it difficult to believe that this amount of people would be willing to dump over thousands for a 3 day rental. Maybe one of the big boys could chime in and shed some light into how one legitimately done this. 
    Your record breaking thumb speed and tap intuition is second to none. As always, I tip my cap off to you sir. 
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    Except one leads to marriage, the other leads to divorce
    oh contrair my friend.. go to jared and buy the wrong ring then see what happens.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    Wtf is Jared? 
    Jared is a Glu-like criminal who makes you think buying from him gets you something valuable, shiny and new, when in reality, all it does is tie you down and spend even more money on things that aren't valuable, shiny and new. 
    Gotcha. Wasnt sure if we were talking about the sandwich guy that got tossed in the clinker
    Your record breaking thumb speed and tap intuition is second to none. As always, I tip my cap off to you sir. 
    And your record breaking internet speed makes me moist  as fk
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    edited May 2021
    Coming back to read forum after a 3 month hiatus. I see things have changed in 21. 

Where’s @retirepujols ?
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Coming back to read forum after a 3 month hiatus. I see things have changed in 21. 

Where’s @retirepujols ?
    @retirepujols became a dodger fan and Pujols followed him! 🤣🤣🤣
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    Wtf is Jared? 

You're either not married or a very lucky man.

Wtf is Jared? 

You're either not married or a very lucky man.
    Previously married. And very unlucky.