Is TSB21 Now The Most Expensive Mobile Game?

Comments

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I'm still trying to figure out how several entire clubs D10 capped both prime players, without using the word cheat.  I find it difficult to believe that this amount of people would be willing to dump over thousands for a 3 day rental. Maybe one of the big boys could chime in and shed some light into how one legitimately done this. 
    Hard work,  blood, sweat, and tears. And like a years salary
    Your record breaking thumb speed and tap intuition is second to none. As always, I tip my cap off to you sir. 
    And your record breaking internet speed makes me moist  as fk
    2 games a minute is good, no?
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I'm still trying to figure out how several entire clubs D10 capped both prime players, without using the word cheat.  I find it difficult to believe that this amount of people would be willing to dump over thousands for a 3 day rental. Maybe one of the big boys could chime in and shed some light into how one legitimately done this. 
    Your record breaking thumb speed and tap intuition is second to none. As always, I tip my cap off to you sir. 
    It is perfect. Means you don’t have the captcha game as often. 
    edited May 2021
    I dont know how the D6 players are getting their enjoyment out of getting that puzzle every 25 games. Sort of defeats the purpose of buying the weekday FP
    I dont know how the D6 players are getting their enjoyment out of getting that puzzle every 25 games. Sort of defeats the purpose of buying the weekday FP
    Well this D6 player has only played about 25 prime games today
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    It definitely defeats the purpose of it when you accidentally mess up and then lose autoplay entirely. After you paid for it.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Coming back to read forum after a 3 month hiatus. I see things have changed in 21. 

Where’s @retirepujols ?
    I'll always remember that guy.  Never forget... also no regerts
    Just no.  
    Coming back to read forum after a 3 month hiatus. I see things have changed in 21. 

Where’s @retirepujols ?
    I highly respect Jon. He quit successfully. great guy, dont pull him back into this shitty cash grab of a game. 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts

Where’s @retirepujols ?
    I highly respect Jon. He quit successfully. great guy, dont pull him back into this shitty cash grab of a game. 
    Don't worry, I'll keep him away as long as possible.  He's one awesome guy, and was very helpful when I first joined the forums.  Glu doesn't deserve his money, or anyone's for that matter.  Hope to never see him again, but I'd definitely have a beer with him.
    Just no.  
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    edited May 2021
    I’ve obviously been pretty negative on the game recently. But I do want to clarify when I say “they don’t listen” I don’t necessarily mean all glu/tap employees. I know for a fact some of them take out feedback and present it to the higher ups. In my opinion though that’s where it ends. It’s the decision makers who I think ignore the heartburns players feel. One of those is our Moderator here and atleast a few others I’ve talked to who genuinely take out feedback and push it up the chain. I’ve felt they are player advocates but they can only do so much. This probably makes me come off as a kiss ass lol but I don’t care. I just wanted to clarify my negativity and anger towards the game right now isn’t because of them it’s the decision makers who seem to ignore the biggest heartburns for players. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I’ve obviously been pretty negative on the game recently. But I do want to clarify when I say “they don’t listen” I don’t necessarily mean all glu/tap employees. I know for a fact some of them take out feedback and present it to the higher ups. In my opinion though that’s where it ends. It’s the decision makers who I think ignore the heartburns players feel. One of those is our Moderator here and atleast a few others I’ve talked to who genuinely take out feedback and push it up the chain. I’ve felt they are player advocates but they can only do so much. This problem makes me come off as a kiss ass lol but I don’t care. I just wanted to clarify my negativity and anger towards the game right now isn’t because of them it’s the decision makers who seem to ignore the biggest heartburns for players. 
    Any criticism I've made is absolutely directed at those providing the vision that the game engineers, customer service leaders, moderators, etc., are following. It isn't kissing anyone's ass to point out the people speaking to the direction of the game are often not the ones making that direction. I work in a digital-based enterprise and I can say, without the shadow of a doubt, the moderator here does far more than pretty much any moderator I've come across. If he were directly involved in the strategy of the game, I'm sure he wouldn't be wasting his time talking to chumbalones like us, but he still does. I'm only writing it cuz maybe someone in a decision-making position is reading this, and they should know it. 

Here's to a fun WOH that I know no one cares about, but I just want to be able to complete once. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited May 2021
    Was gonna play this weekend have nearly 200k gold saved up but I just can’t think of any reason to play. Players in the boxes are so so.. terrible odds and no longer have the week long bonus. Guess I’ll keep stacking 
  • LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    Was gonna play this weekend have nearly 200k gold saved up but I just can’t think of any reason to play. Players in the boxes are so so.. terrible odds and no longer have the week long bonus. Guess I’ll keep stacking 
    Yep same here, got up to 10 boxes each for Web Gems and Spectacular Shades and still on the pity timer with nothing to show for it. I decided to double down and buy 6 Higashioka boxes and you can guess how that turned out as well. Terrible boxes and no double gold = I’ll be relaxing and spending my time doing other things on this long holiday weekend!!
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    edited May 2021
    I got 5 players from 2.5k and the free boxes. The xp squeeze is so bad that I had to choose just 2 of them to level up. Why spend gold if you can’t use the players?
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    I got 5 players from 2.5k and the free boxes. The xp squeeze is so bad that I had to choose just 2 of them to level up. Why spend gold if you can’t use the players?
    Glad to hear that at least someone got something out of those horrible boxes. 
    Haven't played a game in a week. Log in today to grab the first batch of gifts. Get the prime guy and the top bxp guy. Close app. 3 hours later, open next batch of free gifts on the other box. Landed prime and top bxp player.  That is not a coincidence. Cue in @whynot flagship statement....
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Haven't played a game in a week. Log in today to grab the first batch of gifts. Get the prime guy and the top bxp guy. Close app. 3 hours later, open next batch of free gifts on the other box. Landed prime and top bxp player.  That is not a coincidence. Cue in @whynot flagship statement....
    All I’ll say is I haven’t spent in 2 weeks, I’ve done about 1.5 playoffs over that stretch. So a little more than 150 games a day. Most of which was Wednesday and Thursday this week. I spent 45k today and didn’t get any prime. Only reason I spent it was out of boredom and wanted hader. So I’m not sure what goes into the theory if you stop spending you get better pulls, certainly didn’t happen for me. 
    All I’ll say is I haven’t spent in 2 weeks, I’ve done about 1.5 playoffs over that stretch. So a little more than 150 games a day. Most of which was Wednesday and Thursday this week. I spent 45k today and didn’t get any prime. Only reason I spent it was out of boredom and wanted hader. So I’m not sure what goes into the theory if you stop spending you get better pulls, certainly didn’t happen for me. 
    Not playing period is my argument. I played 4 cvc matches. That's it. No money, no games. 
    Yeah what I've always heard (and also based on my own experience) is not logging on/ opening the app. Nothing to do with spending money. If it were that easy - just stop spending money and boom, get all the players - then nobody would buy anything lol
    I need 150 pxp. Ten boxes, didn't land any. Got two dumpy players. My run of good players is over. Still think it's tied to the resources you have as well. 

The theory is not being in the app at all. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Personally I love when you get to the point that you just close the pop up offers without looking at em.  I mean why read em when there is no way your buying anything 😁
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    DFBB said:
    snowy24 said:

To answer the question though, isn’t clash of clans the most expensive? 
    Totally unrelated, but I really regret getting my oldest son into games like clash of clans. Growing up, I gained a lot of confidence because I was able to do well at video games. Most apps, however, are very difficult to 'beat' unless you're spending and certainly not reasonable for an f2p 6-7 year old. 
    Definitely not reasonable for a kid. Roblox is a pretty good cheap game. My 8 year old loves it! When Clash first came out, my brother spent $2,000 in one day without knowing it. He about had a heart attack when he saw the bill. Lol! Then he stopped. 
    snowy24 said:
    DFBB said:
    snowy24 said:

To answer the question though, isn’t clash of clans the most expensive? 
    Totally unrelated, but I really regret getting my oldest son into games like clash of clans. Growing up, I gained a lot of confidence because I was able to do well at video games. Most apps, however, are very difficult to 'beat' unless you're spending and certainly not reasonable for an f2p 6-7 year old. 
    Definitely not reasonable for a kid. Roblox is a pretty good cheap game. My 8 year old loves it! When Clash first came out, my brother spent $2,000 in one day without knowing it. He about had a heart attack when he saw the bill. Lol! Then he stopped. 
    My 2 daughters play roblox.  I farm their teams via autotap.  I pay roughly 10$ a week for this. They get everything they want in the game.  I don't know if you're ignorant or just holding on to the pipe dream of Glu 
    I don't want to even picture the Pandora's box you're opening with that, @CanadaCubs. My kid plays Roblox and I refuse to buy anything for it. I stupidly thought she'd ditch the game for something else by now. 
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    The greatest trick glu have tried to pull is making people think these VIP flash deals where you can get 3,000 gold for £($)10 is somehow a good deal. I don’t know what this game was like pre 2020 but last year, typically, the best you’d get was 200g/$. 

The ‘special’ offers are still ludicrously expensive especially as it doesn’t  give you enough gold to get half way to the guarantee of the worst player in the box. 

Don’t do it guys. 
    @Piglet1899 Yep, I haven't bought anything other than field pass in quite a long while.
    Cooz19 said:
    I don't want to even picture the Pandora's box you're opening with that, @CanadaCubs. My kid plays Roblox and I refuse to buy anything for it. I stupidly thought she'd ditch the game for something else by now. 
    I try to understand the game,  but I cant. I do understand what they want out of the game. So I get it. I farm their accounts. Saves me money, makes them happy.  That's life. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited May 2021
    Cooz19 said:
    My kid plays Roblox and I refuse to buy anything for it. I stupidly thought she'd ditch the game for something else by now. 
    Funny, but that's not too common nowadays. I'm about to show my age, but back in my day, if I bought a game and didn't like it? Too bad for me. I'm stuck with it. Games were too expensive to cycle through. Nowadays, very few apps are able to keep the attention span of the current generation. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    Cooz19 said:
    My kid plays Roblox and I refuse to buy anything for it. I stupidly thought she'd ditch the game for something else by now. 
    Funny, but that's not too common nowadays. I'm about to show my age, but back in my day, if I bought a game and didn't like it? Too bad for me. I'm stuck with it. Games were too expensive to cycle through. Nowadays, very few apps are able to keep the attention span of the current generation. 
    That’s why you rented it first. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Cooz19 said:
    That’s why you rented it first. 
    I don't think that was common at the time. Or if it was, I didn't have access to it. Anyways, I was about 9 years old and had saved up for a real long time. My parents told me I could spend my money however I wanted and I was pumped about getting a new game. Totally hyped, I I brought my jar of coins with me to K-mart. I headed straight to the electronics section and eye balled all the new games for the NES. Metal gear caught my eye and it was on! I remember the cashier smiling and laughing as I was counting all the change. It was $59.99 +tax, but whatever. I was getting a brand new game! 

I got home and inserted the Metal Gear cartridge into the NES and was like, legogogogogogogogogogo! A few minutes in, I had to remind myself that this game was going to be great. A few more minutes passed and I felt doubt creeping in. Then it hit me. Crap. This game sucks! I wanted to cry. My dad asked how the game was. I told him it was good...Ugh. I had no more money. Obviously, I wasn't going to tell my parents that I wanted something else. 

I had no choice but to continue playing. Long story short, I ended up loving the hell out of Metal Gear. It was the first game where I had to read(I actually learned how to read around that age; English is a 2nd language for me) so it took me awhile to adjust. I was used to games like Pac-Man, Missile Command, Joust, Kung Fu, etc., which were all self explanatory. Anyways, point is, If I was a kid in today's world, I would've never gave Metal Gear more than a few minutes. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    I dont like to be unappreciative of gifts. But this is the first game I ever got as a gift from my folks on Christmas morning like 30 years ago. But this was a real dust collector.