Payoff Pitch

13Next

Comments

• sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    sullipa8 said:
    No one wants to take responsibility or admit they made a mistake. 
    I don’t blame them for it not working. I blame them for the lack of communication. It’s not a conspiracy, just incompetence. All they have to do is say they are tweaking it, fixing it, whatever. Instead it just disappears with no comment. 
    That isn't you blaming them for a lack of communication. That's you saying they made a mistake, and accusing them of not taking responsibility for it. What you're saying is not communicating the matter to us is their way of covering up some kind of mistake (a conspiracy). 

I'm just going off what you wrote. If that's not what you mean, fine, but it isn't what you wrote. 
    That’s exactly what I wrote, except where you assume I’m calling it a conspiracy. I’m not. It’s just incompetence. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I think it was too easy, gave the consumers too many resources, thus the reason it was taken away. EVERYTHING about this game is monetized now. If GLU can "fix" it to make it harder, or have situations like WoH where you CAN'T win a round unless you are diamond, then that is what they will do.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Does anyone in a position of employment with GLU ever want to chime in here,  or no?
  • Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    Does anyone in a position of employment with GLU ever want to chime in here,  or no?
    "Hi Mr. Wicked, and thank you for reaching out to us.  Although there is nothing I'm able to do about your issue, I can assure you we have passed your concern on to the appropriate team.  In the meantime, please visit the forums for any FAQs you may have and if that doesn't help, try checking your WiFi."

Nah - Blue stops by once in a while, but I wouldn't consider them coming here often to check on things. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited May 2021
    I'm sure it'll be back at some point. 
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    I actually liked it. so of course its gone

you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Thekid84 said:

Nah - Blue stops by once in a while, but I wouldn't consider them coming here often to check on things. 
    The best way to ensure that things get read by glu is to post in the feedback/bugs subforum( https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2021/categories/suggestions-feedback-box-tsb2021 ). Most of the stuff posted here in the general discussion is basically chatter among ourselves. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Wow. Gone for almost an entire month, and they bring it back for 60 whole minutes in the middle of Thursday afternoon. Just wow.
    I cycled it 5 times yesterday and pulled nothing from the worst boxes of the year.
    I cycled twice, which is all I could do in an hour. I just wanted something different to do since the normal game modes are so boring. I had no desire to play yesterday and was glad to see something different. I just didn’t like the rewards as I don’t enjoy getting 180 PXP or 250 BXP for 25 minutes of work.
    they ran it again last night between 10-11 kc time got in my last 3 then.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    It's just silly to me that a mode that, at least based on those I talk to and this forum, is well liked that it would be so invisible. Let's be honest, who here above say silver level invested in getting more than their starters and a closer capped at their level?   
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    It's just silly to me that a mode that, at least based on those I talk to and this forum, is well liked that it would be so invisible. Let's be honest, who here above say silver level invested in getting more than their starters and a closer capped at their level?   
    I deliberately finished my bullpen for this mode. I'm not playing currently,  so I've put bums in my roster.  Very unfortunate, I was really hoping this would be my new Monday 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    edited May 2021
    I've messed with Payoff Pitch a bit. There is definitely a lot of tinkering that's needed, at least imo, to spice things up. These were my observations:

-it's just slow. Compared to WoH, everything is slower. The nature of the event will naturally be slower, but even loading in between rounds is slower than WoH.

-At diamond, if you have current pitchers, you're just not going to lose. On Thursday's 'pop up' Payoff Pitch, I actually hit the red on three consecutive batters and it was an out each time. I think it would be cool to award more points/prizes if you have  a perfect inning, K the side, etc. etc. As is, 'winning' at diamond, is a given. 

-the game mechanics are the same from a pitcher perspective as it is from the batter's side. Everyone complains about the runner going home on a dribbler to the pitcher(in a tie game). Well, this turns into a benefit in Payoff Pitch. 

-live boost works for payoff pitch; skills do NOT.

I've heard many positives about the event, but personally, the novelty has already worn off for me. At least, as is. I've only done few hours of Payoff Pitch and I already prefer WoH(which I've obv done for years). 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    DFBB said:
    "I've only done few hours of Payoff Pitch..." 
    has there been more than a few hours of the actual event running?!? All kidding aside with that, why is/would this mode any different than others in terms of "the diamond factor?" All modes of the game are geared to diamond players having the max advantage so I would expect nothing less here. I would also fully expect diamond players not to waste their time on the mode.

To me this mode is for all the lower tiers who don't want to or haven't yet gone diamond as it is something other than smashing an auto play button that does nothing for your team if you aren't diamond or moving up tiers. I think you hit the nail on the head with the speed side as well. This game, for most, is how fast you can tap the auto play button to complete a game. I LOVE having a mode where I actually have to try and play the game rather than smash a button repetitively. 
    JTANDME said:
    DFBB said:
    "I've only done few hours of Payoff Pitch..." 
    has there been more than a few hours of the actual event running?!? 
    This made me LOL because it's also true. I've always been of the mindset that the company doesn't need to win at every corner. Guys seemed to really enjoy Payoff pitch. The rewards weren't exactly game changing so even if it's easy, I don't think it would've hurt them to let it run on a consistent schedule. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I really really enjoyed payoff pitch. It was easy but it was something different. In the end for me it will always be about the reward for winning. Much like WOH the award just isn’t worth the time so I don’t really play either. 
    DFBB said:
    I've messed with Payoff Pitch a bit. There is definitely a lot of tinkering that's needed, at least imo, to spice things up. These were my observations:

-it's just slow. Compared to WoH, everything is slower. The nature of the event will naturally be slower, but even loading in between rounds is slower than WoH.

-At diamond, if you have current pitchers, you're just not going to lose. On Thursday's 'pop up' Payoff Pitch, I actually hit the red on three consecutive batters and it was an out each time. I think it would be cool to award more points/prizes if you have  a perfect inning, K the side, etc. etc. As is, 'winning' at diamond, is a given. 

-the game mechanics are the same from a pitcher perspective as it is from the batter's side. Everyone complains about the runner going home on a dribbler to the pitcher(in a tie game). Well, this turns into a benefit in Payoff Pitch. 

-live boost works for payoff pitch; skills do NOT.

I've heard many positives about the event, but personally, the novelty has already worn off for me. At least, as is. I've only done few hours of Payoff Pitch and I already prefer WoH(which I've obv done for years). 
    I agree on the slowness. It was definitely noticeably slower when trying to load. I also saw fewer double plays, which lengthen the game. In WOH, double plays are very common. I haven’t seen a triple play yet, which is disappointing since they appear in WOH. 

As for the difficulty, I mostly agree. I’m at Platinum and my top pitchers win almost every time. I say almost because I lost on an error once that kind of blew my mind. I did get away with a few pitches in the zone or just off the plate, but I also gave up a couple of hits when I hit the blue zone. In fact, I went into extra innings on the last 4 of level 3 each time on Thursday. 

I’d like to see more of this mode, even without the tweaks. I think some would be good, but I also don’t want them to make too hard or not worth playing a la Slugfest. 
    Yeah I suck at Payoff Pitch like I do in most of the rest of the game (eh, @MoenPOS?), but thought it was fun. It does take way too long to play, though. Like everything with this game, it needs to be functional high volume/high reps. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Payoff pitch was active again today during a power hour. Please keep this event around!!
    Please get rid of the lag! I enjoy it and have come to realize it’s going to take longer than WOH, but the lag in loading is very frustrating. 
    Ok, well, it turns out, understanding the directions is important. I thought red = good for the pitcher (heh...whoops). With that in mind, I approached Payoff Pitch differently than I did before. And it was great! I now know what you all mean when you say you can (or could if it was worth it) cycle WOH like 17 times. I got through three cycles, almost four, and really enjoyed it. Don't even care that I got 250 bxp x 4 and 200 pxp once from the boxes. It's worth what I got. 

Please do more of these. 
    Cooz19 said:
    Ok, well, it turns out, understanding the directions is important. I thought red = good for the pitcher (heh...whoops). With that in mind, I approached Payoff Pitch differently than I did before. And it was great! I now know what you all mean when you say you can (or could if it was worth it) cycle WOH like 17 times. I got through three cycles, almost four, and really enjoyed it. Don't even care that I got 250 bxp x 4 and 200 pxp once from the boxes. It's worth what I got. 

Please do more of these. 
    That is impressive if you got through almost 4 cycles. I’ve never been able to do more than 2. It just takes too long to load between each round. Plus, I keep finding myself in extra innings the last few rounds. It’s not a big deal, but it obviously limits how many times I can cycle since it takes time.
    Cooz19 said:

Please do more of these. 
    LMAO @ Red = Good. 
    "Officer, the light was clearly red, so I totally went through it."
    sullipa8 said:
    That is impressive if you got through almost 4 cycles. I’ve never been able to do more than 2. It just takes too long to load between each round. Plus, I keep finding myself in extra innings the last few rounds. It’s not a big deal, but it obviously limits how many times I can cycle since it takes time.
    Extras once, lost once, but for the most part I pretty much DrSmartAssed them ("curve outs on nine pitches!!!!!!!!").
    Reverse Frickery