WoH for 5-31-21: Memorial Day

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
I was hopeful that today would be something a little different. Instead, it’s the same old song. The WoH reward is a step back from the weekend and no pxp in cycle rewards. Yeah, anticlimactic for reals. Anyways, for those with pxp, gl on the boxes. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Well, prime foils are here!!! /S

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Really hope the couple hundred people who can afford the game are enjoying it.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Man.... this place is hopping 👍🏻 Another AWESOME woh event 👏
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    PXP as level or cycle rewards would have been enough even with the player no one wants. Just progress the game a little at a time. But apparently even that is too much. 
    edited May 2021
    Plenty of PXP available if you’re a gazillionaire. Not sure what everyone’s problem is.  Just buy 2 of the 99.99 150 pxp box deals in the store, then buy all 3 field passes on the weekend and find a 30% discount club. Then you gotta pull the prime player but that’s just semantics. All that to level 1 prime. Would only have to do that 5-6x to level all the primes each week. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Second week in a row I won't play WoH. TY GLU!!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Thought this might be the day they draw me back in, but I havent played anything but Season games in the last 7-8 weeks, maybe more. Used to be a die hard WOH player for those that recognize me. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I did one cycle.  Yay. And I have a set that just isn’t worth using. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    This is week 3, I believe, in which I didnt play woh. Typically,  I would do the cycle to get the player and slow play the event with foil players from the weekend to complete the major set. That's gone. Seems like they're running a Mon-Thur foil Prime guy these days.  Dont get me wrong, Harper is nice, but I cant afford to cap him, so I dont bother.  Which means, I dont bother with woh, and subsequently the following daily players that ultimately depend on the 2 primes.  Yes, I could mash out BGs with incomplete sets, but there is always a group that is willing to pay to wipe me out come Wednesday (disc 30 day).  I broke down my average spending in the last 12 months, and came to a 167$ a week habit.  I haven't spent or played in 2 weeks.  Is this just how people fade away? I didn't want to, but it's just out of reach. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    This is week 3, I believe, in which I didnt play woh. Typically,  I would do the cycle to get the player and slow play the event with foil players from the weekend to complete the major set. That's gone. Seems like they're running a Mon-Thur foil Prime guy these days.  Dont get me wrong, Harper is nice, but I cant afford to cap him, so I dont bother.  Which means, I dont bother with woh, and subsequently the following daily players that ultimately depend on the 2 primes.  Yes, I could mash out BGs with incomplete sets, but there is always a group that is willing to pay to wipe me out come Wednesday (disc 30 day).  I broke down my average spending in the last 12 months, and came to a 167$ a week habit.  I haven't spent or played in 2 weeks.  Is this just how people fade away? I didn't want to, but it's just out of reach. 
    This is basically me. Haven’t spent now in Nearly 3 weeks. From a guy who used to do 1-2 playoffs a day, buy field pass every event, including numerous other specials. I’m estimating $200/week on average some more than others. It’s just not sustainable. The game has expanded so much the last 2+ years the money I spent goes nowhere now. I jokingly and sarcastically broke it down earlier. But seriously, $350 bucks a week to level 1 prime a week is completely asinine, especially we get 5-6/week. I don’t pretend to be the biggest spender, I know I’m not even close but how they can make a guy who on average spends $200 a week feel like they get nothing for that is crazy to me. Mind you this is $200/week plus countless hours doing D6 cycles again, 1-2/day. 

This is basically me. Haven’t spent now in Nearly 3 weeks. From a guy who used to do 1-2 playoffs a day, buy field pass every event, including numerous other specials. I’m estimating $200/week on average some more than others. It’s just not sustainable. The game has expanded so much the last 2+ years the money I spent goes nowhere now. I jokingly and sarcastically broke it down earlier. But seriously, $350 bucks a week to level 1 prime a week is completely asinine, especially we get 5-6/week. I don’t pretend to be the biggest spender, I know I’m not even close but how they can make a guy who on average spends $200 a week feel like they get nothing for that is crazy to me. Mind you this is $200/week plus countless hours doing D6 cycles again, 1-2/day. 

Thinking out loud here... If you were say a gold player, would you get what you wanted out of the game for that price?

Thinking out loud here... If you were say a gold player, would you get what you wanted out of the game for that price?
    There is no way to have enough gold to chase players at gold. I’d end up dropping just as much money on boxes or gold. Remember the $200+ is on top of the gold from d6 cycling. I can’t tell you how many weekends I go 100-150k gold to get a set of the top player. Gold is fine if you’re ok just getting lucky on boxes from time to time, just not how I want to play. So it’s either pay to play or quit, so I’m working on the latter because I can’t afford to keep up with the game. 

There is no way to have enough gold to chase players at gold. I’d end up dropping just as much money on boxes or gold. Remember the $200+ is on top of the gold from d6 cycling. I can’t tell you how many weekends I go 100-150k gold to get a set of the top player. Gold is fine if you’re ok just getting lucky on boxes from time to time, just not how I want to play. So it’s either pay to play or quit, so I’m working on the latter because I can’t afford to keep up with the game. 
    Were on the same page. I think the only difference between me and you is the volume you played at.  With that said, I was just curious as to your opinion on playing today's game on a gold level.  Would you buy FP?  Would you buy bundles?  Obviously it's a hard no during the week without the .3. I just like to understand the reasoning.  

Were on the same page. I think the only difference between me and you is the volume you played at.  With that said, I was just curious as to your opinion on playing today's game on a gold level.  Would you buy FP?  Would you buy bundles?  Obviously it's a hard no during the week without the .3. I just like to understand the reasoning.  
    I don’t know honestly. My thought is I wouldn’t have bought FP for bxp guys but would have with PXP. A large chunk of the pxp I have right now is from cycling fan rewards and box pulls so i likely would have significantly less than what I have right now. My personal opinion is the game is boring below diamond, for just the style I liked to play. I’d guess I wouldn’t spend any less because I’d have to buy specials And stuff to keep up.
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    The chart is all wrong!!! 

I don’t know honestly. My thought is I wouldn’t have bought FP for bxp guys but would have with PXP. A large chunk of the pxp I have right now is from cycling fan rewards and box pulls so i likely would have significantly less than what I have right now. My personal opinion is the game is boring below diamond, for just the style I liked to play. I’d guess I wouldn’t spend any less because I’d have to buy specials And stuff to keep up.
    That's exactly my point. Again, we're on the same page here (at least I think).  Were both active spenders on the FP side, with the odd special to cap things off. My point, ultimately,  is to understand the model of this company. once legends come out, I'm pretty well full in, but this prime era just sucks.  They are missing the mark on it.  You can have the argument of resource drought vs box odds, but currently I cant afford either.  Its essentially like limbo between bxp and lxp. But I ain't spending,  and nor are you.  
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Does anyone know what level 5 is?
    Go to the charts 
    Go to the charts 
    Yeah, the chart was perfect for me earlier today

That's exactly my point. Again, we're on the same page here (at least I think).  Were both active spenders on the FP side, with the odd special to cap things off. My point, ultimately,  is to understand the model of this company. once legends come out, I'm pretty well full in, but this prime era just sucks.  They are missing the mark on it.  You can have the argument of resource drought vs box odds, but currently I cant afford either.  Its essentially like limbo between bxp and lxp. But I ain't spending,  and nor are you.  
    Enough are spending though. I realized that I was part of the problem. How could I keep complaining about what they were doing and still keep giving them money? My $200 week would take me nowhere right now. Fact is they won’t change because enough people are still playing. It sucks because I really enjoyed the game and met a lot of really cool people. But at the end of the day to play the way I like to play, it’s just not feasible for me, like it is for the top spenders which is clear who they want to keep playing. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Doesn’t matter if your bronze or diamond, if you want points you got to spend cash to chase rigged boxes with idiot odds.  Of course the diamond guy scores a lot more.  I’m happy with the “get lucky” with free boxes and save my cash.  I’m also able to save lots of wasted time with this approach, better chance of getting lucky in a convent then here.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    whynot said:
    Doesn’t matter if your bronze or diamond, if you want points you got to spend cash to chase rigged boxes with idiot odds.  Of course the diamond guy scores a lot more.  I’m happy with the “get lucky” with free boxes and save my cash.  I’m also able to save lots of wasted time with this approach, better chance of getting lucky in a convent then here.
    Shhhhhh...........🙈🙉🙊
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts

Enough are spending though. I realized that I was part of the problem. How could I keep complaining about what they were doing and still keep giving them money? My $200 week would take me nowhere right now. Fact is they won’t change because enough people are still playing. It sucks because I really enjoyed the game and met a lot of really cool people. But at the end of the day to play the way I like to play, it’s just not feasible for me, like it is for the top spenders which is clear who they want to keep playing. 
    At the end of the day this was the clarity I needed to have too.   Fun became too expensive and trying to play a different way just wasn't for me.   I wish I would have listened to myself a little earlier on it but I am glad I was able to get there.

At the end of the day this was the clarity I needed to have too.   Fun became too expensive and trying to play a different way just wasn't for me.   I wish I would have listened to myself a little earlier on it but I am glad I was able to get there.
    Yeah, I don’t like comparing different years of the game because honestly they have expanded so much it’s hard to do that. I just look at a couple season ago. WOH got you a 2nd tier legend but could be repulled for the lxp, Fan Rewards also netted you a decent player if you spent, now it’s seemingly worthless player all season. Hell, even looking back at 18 I remember FR at 20K was a prime/higher rated bxp player and a legend at 30k.  With what they’ve done to WOH, Fan Rewards the game is driven by luck or deep pockets. I agree I wish I woulda learned sooner but I’m atleast glad I learned now. 
    It's easy to forget that tsb is a game. If you want to play, it means you're having fun. If you have to play, you're going to be miserable.
  • 97lefty97lefty Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    I’ve stayed gold for the last three years and I spend between $12-15 dollars a week. I have the $4.99 subscription and usually buy the $6.99 deal on fridays. While I don’t land everyone I do usually get 3/4’s of the players.  If your not spending more than that then platinum and diamond won’t work for you. Gold is doable and enjoyable but you have to play a lot. Gold may not be for everyone but it’s my sweet spot. I’ve landed Guerrero,Perez,and story lately but will have to be choosy on who gets capped. 
    97lefty said:
    I’ve stayed gold for the last three years and I spend between $12-15 dollars a week. I have the $4.99 subscription and usually buy the $6.99 deal on fridays. While I don’t land everyone I do usually get 3/4’s of the players.  If your not spending more than that then platinum and diamond won’t work for you. Gold is doable and enjoyable but you have to play a lot. Gold may not be for everyone but it’s my sweet spot. I’ve landed Guerrero,Perez,and story lately but will have to be choosy on who gets capped. 
    Right like I said though it requires luck. If that’s all your spending and I’m assuming cvc and free boxes you are getting incredibly lucky. If you aren’t, getting lucky it’s probably miserable and would get expensive to chase. It’s probably slightly better now as it appears lower tiered teams are winning more(or atleast were) but in prior years you couldn’t win BG or Tourney games so not sure what you’d be playing. Again, the way I liked to play was at diamond and it’s just not doable anymore. Not because I can’t do it anymore, but the return I get for what I spend isn’t there anymore. Spending 100k+ repeatedly or sometimes nearly 200k  to not even have a bonus set became far to regular. 
    DFBB said:
    It's easy to forget that tsb is a game. If you want to play, it means you're having fun. If you have to play, you're going to be miserable.
    this is why I don’t like playing in a club for the most part. I feel compelled to play, instead of the desire to play. 
    DFBB said:
    this is why I don’t like playing in a club for the most part. I feel compelled to play, instead of the desire to play. 
    I was in a competitive club late last year. For the most part, the guys were great. Thing is, I wasn't having fun. I actually almost quit. Then, I realized that I still loved the game. I removed myself from things/people that weren't fun and stopped worrying about things I can't control. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    DFBB said:
    That mandate to play (something that's intensified by the money you're putting into it) seems far more like work and far less like the thing I do to AVOID work. Having a fun, active club that's competitive makes this game a thousand times better, but there's a direct and obvious correlation between club success and financial investment. I don't see how to separate one from another, except to just play to my level, and hope I can find a fun, consistent club.