Stale AF

CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
Pretty bad when you have Blue pop in and make about 50% of the content in over 3 days. This used to be a thriving source of literature and discussion.  Now its radio silence. Is this a good business model?
"If you can't beat them, report them"

Comments

• xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Yup.  Only thing I'm doing is playing enough BGs and tournaments to hit daily challenges.   First time ever for me to not even play a round of WoH or spend for Fan Rewards.  
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I’ve played 5 games but keeping my club public in case my boy @dkarski87 wants to come drop me some points.  Just search wash and bring your auto tapper bud ❤️ 
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Stale?  We just added primes to the game. What else do you want?  PXP?
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Stale?  We just added primes to the game. What else do you want?  PXP?
    We've heard you. We know our audience. Ok folks, let's hit 130k followers on Twitter. You'll get 2 pop boxes and 5 mystery boxes. 
  • 97lefty97lefty Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    Don’t you really mean 5 lucky numbers boxes
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Literature!  :D:D:D

I haven't ever looked because I've heard it's even more negative and bitter, but I'd imagine the FB group is more active because forums like this are pretty old-fashioned. Point being...there really isn't much to discuss. When it was far more active, there were dozens of different ways to play this game, and the balance between the rising level of challenge with WOH and what was needed to stay ahead of that was multi-faceted. Now, it appears that's pretty much entirely level-based. The key source of fuel for growth right now (pxp) is withheld at a rate that stifles growth at a level lower than those who have access to money and do not fear permanent crippling debt. Club play isn't especially enjoyable because the big spenders can rack up trillions of points and the rewards for anything less than top 10 are like raffle souvenirs. The funnel tube is pretty narrow now, and pretty much all of the conversation centers around disappointment over a variety of issues. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    @Cooz19, I knew you'd like the term literature that I used. But, sadly, this is on my top 3 sites I go to while in toilet time. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I blew it out a few weeks ago going diamond, then everything since then has been stale. I'm in a great "chill" club, but I have no motivation to play, farm, etc. The game is too expensive, the rewards suck, the boxes suck, and the game is going through crashing issues again. I played WoH yesterday, had every intention of cycling at least five times. As soon as I got to 5.10 the first time, the game crashed. I get back to it, only to have my D10 closer get the old nine and out, video reboot, nine and out again. I was annoyed so I dropped gold for a third restart, got two men on before nine and out again. Used gold again, game crashed. I contacted CS, got my gold back, and quit playing. A D10 closer shouldn't get 9 and outed three straight times. That's just stupid, GLU.

All I can say is, TY GLU! I haven't farmed like I used to in weeks, haven't played Monday WoH in three weeks (and counting) and have only played a few rounds of Royale for the last five Royale events. I make good money but I have no desire to be one of the couple hundred people who can afford the top players. Only spent about $30 total this year. Have no desire to spend more. Leveled my last five players at D10 for full cost.

I just don't see anything improving any time soon for those of us who don't want to spend $1000 a week.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

@Cooz19, I knew you'd like the term literature that I used. But, sadly, this is on my top 3 sites I go to while in toilet time. 
    It's a great bored-scroll site, and I wish the content was more entertaining. One part of it I used to enjoy was the screenshots thread. It's fun to see ridiculous scores and accomplishments. We don't even do that anymore. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    Literature!  :D:D:D

I haven't ever looked because I've heard it's even more negative and bitter, but I'd imagine the FB group is more active because forums like this are pretty old-fashioned. Point being...there really isn't much to discuss. When it was far more active, there were dozens of different ways to play this game, and the balance between the rising level of challenge with WOH and what was needed to stay ahead of that was multi-faceted. Now, it appears that's pretty much entirely level-based. The key source of fuel for growth right now (pxp) is withheld at a rate that stifles growth at a level lower than those who have access to money and do not fear permanent crippling debt. Club play isn't especially enjoyable because the big spenders can rack up trillions of points and the rewards for anything less than top 10 are like raffle souvenirs. The funnel tube is pretty narrow now, and pretty much all of the conversation centers around disappointment over a variety of issues. 
    The FB groups invite drama and people love popcorn material. I do my best to limit that sort of stuff here and well, that's bad for ratings. lol.
    Anytime there was a useful/informative thread, it would inevitably get derailed. That stuff gets old. I'm old. It was a bad combo. lol. Anyways, I've come to realize that everyone is invested in different ways and ultimately, just want to be heard. I may not like and/or agree with things, but I do respect it. A forum member reminded me that this game, the game model anyways, brings out the worst in people. Perspective is everything. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    For the record, @DFBB, my issue written above is in regards to the game, not the forum. But clearly, the game drives the content on the forum. 

I spend a good amount of time searching for info on other things. There's a wealth of knowledge that might be a part of a thread that got flamed but it's still good info. I think there's evidence of that when there is a newer player asking a legit question (not about VIP). I wish more would do that. It's good content, and it's always informative. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I think it’s driven by the fact that much of the conversation has been pushed away. The forums used to blow up about woh. Now it’s just not there. I’ve talked with people about the excitement Monday or even royale WOH used to have. You’d be refreshing every minute on a monday morning. Now it’s just a chore to play for a useless player/award. Seems like forums would wake up again if they gave us something to get excited about. Getting a prime right now for the majority of users is like buying a car without an engine. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Seems like forums would wake up again if they gave us something to get excited about. 

This is exactly how I feel, which begs the question. 

Is there anything in this game right now that you actually get excited about?  
    Cooz19 said:
    For the record, @DFBB, my issue written above is in regards to the game, not the forum. But clearly, the game drives the content on the forum. 

I spend a good amount of time searching for info on other things. There's a wealth of knowledge that might be a part of a thread that got flamed but it's still good info. I think there's evidence of that when there is a newer player asking a legit question (not about VIP). I wish more would do that. It's good content, and it's always informative. 
    I know. I probably should've quoted @CanadaCubs.

Speaking of content:

- I wonder how many are aware of the changes to balls when leveling a player from b1 to d10. We used to get about 26.7k balls. As of about two months ago, that number is now roughly 23.7k balls. That difference is equal to about 150k in blue cash. I've tried to get clarity behind the scenes, but nothing came of it. For me, the biggest thing is that it was never communicated. 

-the 'II" boxes for Weds/Thur have devalued CvC boxes. We used to get four of the 600 gold boxes(diamond clubs). Now, we get 2 and 2(2 big, 2 small). Every little bit helps or in this case, hurts.

-I don't understand why they're not offering the pxp jackpot bundles like they did last year. I've had numerous people ask me about it. Seems like a slam dunk. Then again, I'm sure they have their reasons and can only assume that their data has pointed them in the current direction.

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited June 2021

(Except, opening a man's wallet instead of removing his coat.)

EDIT: Yes, my parents read some weird *** to me when I was a kid

• MoenPOSMoenPOS Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    I just noticed yesterday the “II” boxes now are x/7. Were they not always x/6??? Now the price of a useless 320 guy has gone up as well
    edited June 2021
    MoenPOS said:
    I just noticed yesterday the “II” boxes now are x/7. Were they not always x/6??? Now the price of a useless 320 guy has gone up as well
    The Monday boxes are x/6 because they are 400g/box. Today's 'II' boxes are x/7 because they're 300g/box.
    JEDDDOGGY said:

(Except, opening a man's wallet instead of removing his coat.)

EDIT: Yes, my parents read some weird *** to me when I was a kid

The main takeaway I have from that story is the wind is really, really stupid. I'm sure @CanadaCubs agrees with me as he reads this on the can. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited June 2021
    @Cooz19 Yes. Glu = the wind

LOL
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I think it’s driven by the fact that much of the conversation has been pushed away. The forums used to blow up about woh. Now it’s just not there. I’ve talked with people about the excitement Monday or even royale WOH used to have. You’d be refreshing every minute on a monday morning. Now it’s just a chore to play for a useless player/award. Seems like forums would wake up again if they gave us something to get excited about. Getting a prime right now for the majority of users is like buying a car without an engine. 
    I get that we probably wont ever have that again but man that was when the game was the most fun imo.   It's really too bad.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I get that we probably wont ever have that again but man that was when the game was the most fun imo.   It's really too bad.
    Yep I agree 100%. I was never into woh like some but those days I made sure I could get my cycles in because the award and the return were worth it.  It didn’t feel like a chore like it does now, for basically nothing at this point.