POTM - continued

2Next

Comments

• LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    WTF?!?!?? I am 0-25 now on POTM boxes, how is this even remotely possible????????????????????????Β 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    well the odds are pretty crap, but 0-25 is awful.Β  We had a guy spend 96k on POM boxes to get everyone, others spent 10k and got everyone. Just the way the see-saw works I guess.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    96k!!! Β Dang that’s a lot of auto tapping!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.Β  You mean the round and level?Β 
    - Blueleopard
    Yeah I know it can swing either way, but 25 straight with nothing should never happen! Of course you keep thinking it has to be the next one and then nothing again. I seriously want to know how long it will go before I pull a player (and I’m sure it will be the worst one that’s never a bonus player) but I’m basically just pissing gold away. I might just say screw it and take the next week off, I’m turned off enough where Im losing all interest in the game.Β 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Tighten up that ballsack and open some more boxes!!!
    Haha nah I’m done, wouldn’t be surprised if they monitor these boards and adjust the odds for the people that complain. Maybe that would explain how not hitting on one box is even possible.Β 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited June 2021
    Looseballsack said:
    Β Of course you keep thinking it has to be the next one and then nothing again. I seriously want to know how long it will go before I pull a player.....
    This gets me a lot too. I fell into this β€˜trap’ last month. I didn’t even like the potm boxes but I was thinking I might try one or two. Well, I didn’t get anyone and one thing led to another. Did 20k and got a player 3 times(2x Mercedes and a melodeon). Neither player got leveled but I just couldn’t believe I was whiffing....sigh. Denial can be a killer.Β 

I actually did real well with this month’s potm boxes. 9k got me everyone except Tatis. I decided to quit while I was still happy.Β 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    edited June 2021

I opened 40 POTM boxes last night bc I felt 360 players were worth it.

I got THREE total players in 40 pulls. No, not three different players a few times. Three players IN TOTAL, one of which I pulled twice. Those odds are lies. No way one inΒ five boxes gets any player.

Then I remembered: It is VIP weekend. Box odds are rigged VIP weekends. I have only myself to blame.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lostΒ at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

edited June 2021

I opened 40 POTM boxes last night bc I felt 360 players were worth it.

I got THREE total players in 40 pulls. No, not three different players a few times. Three players IN TOTAL, one of which I pulled twice.Β 

This was exactly me last month. At least you were chasing guys that would help your team.

edit: i will add that box results notwithstanding, these potm boxes are fire if you're in the top bucket in terms of matchups.Β 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Yeah I know it can swing either way, but 25 straight with nothing should never happen! Of course you keep thinking it has to be the next one and then nothing again. I seriously want to know how long it will go before I pull a player (and I’m sure it will be the worst one that’s never a bonus player) but I’m basically just pissing gold away...
    Cognitive bias...gambler's fallacy...
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    1 box opened. landed Tatis. πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈ
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    1 box opened. landed Tatis. πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈ
    For those who are curious, this is similar to failing to land a player in 17 consecutive boxes.Β 
    DFBB said:
    For those who are curious, this is similar to failing to land a player in 17 consecutive boxes.Β 
    Or...you get the player when you dont play. It's no different than online poker. the hands are built to drive action.Β 
    DFBB said:
    Or...you get the player when you dont play. It's no different than online poker. the hands are built to drive action.Β 
    I won’t get into the theories. I have my own. Regardless, I was speaking from a mathematical perspective. If you’re a believer in this or any other theory, then the math doesn’t matter.Β 
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    I won’t get into the theories. I have my own. Regardless, I was speaking from a mathematical perspective. If you’re a believer in this or any other theory, then the math doesn’t matter.Β 
    Can we agree that math plays no factor in their box pulls?
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    Can we agree that math plays no factor in their box pulls?
    I use the odds as a baseline for expectations. My friends and I use it as a guide in terms of how we approach a given box. Some( hello @jmsorioles33 ) even have detailed spreadsheets to optimize spending. That said, I certainly don't discount the engagement theory. In fact, I'm a believer too. For everyone else, the math matters. Or at least, that's my theory.Β Β 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Are you discounting my nice poker tournament finish yesterday since I recently restarted playing after a long absence? Β I played for 90 minutes in a free tournament and got $1.45 for my efforts.Β 
    DFBB said:
    Are you discounting my nice poker tournament finish yesterday since I recently restarted playing after a long absence? Β I played for 90 minutes in a free tournament and got $1.45 for my efforts.Β 
    If there's ever a poker tourney among the guys at the forums, @jmsorioles33 will fleece everyone. Also, this would be insanely fun!
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts

If there's ever a poker tourney among the guys at the forums, @jmsorioles33 will fleece everyone. Also, this would be insanely fun!
    Lol i doubt it would go well for me, but i agree it would be fun, sign me up!
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @Houmy will clean up house.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    DFBB said:
    As someone who has seen over 9 million hands played online, and roughly 6k hands live, I'd say you did just fineΒ 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    As someone who has seen over 9 million hands played online, and roughly 6k hands live, I'd say you did just fineΒ 
    Recently getting bored with TSB, I went back to my poker site and played a tournament Wednesday night. I completely bombed. I had lost my patience. So I played in β€œplay money” tournament and finished 3/37 just to practice patience. Since then I’ve only played 2 tournaments (both free to enter) and finished 58/652 and 16/731 to make a whopping $3.05. The poker money goes to Lowe’s where my wife and I get stuff we need for the house. Needless to say, she likes me playing poker a little more than TSB.Β 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited June 2021
    Nice! Β πŸ‘πŸ»

Opened two boxes yesterday.. one 500 box pulled acuna.. one 250 box pulled machado. True story πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
    I’ve had some luck over the years but never best player first pull in each box consecutively. I suppose it might be another 5 years before this happens πŸ€”

Note: didn’t login at all Friday had no signal in southern Florida. Maybe that played a factor..it worked last year but typically waited 3 days without logging in.Β 
    DFBB said:
    Recently getting bored with TSB, I went back to my poker site and played a tournament Wednesday night. I completely bombed. I had lost my patience. So I played in β€œplay money” tournament and finished 3/37 just to practice patience. Since then I’ve only played 2 tournaments (both free to enter) and finished 58/652 and 16/731 to make a whopping $3.05. The poker money goes to Lowe’s where my wife and I get stuff we need for the house. Needless to say, she likes me playing poker a little more than TSB.Β 
    That's 3$ gained, and zero money into TSB. I love it. And, I'm sure you had fun too, which is a big plus
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    @Houmy will clean up house.
    I do miss getting my ass handed to me game after game brother when you would start that POTM pitcher against me a few years back πŸ˜₯. But other than that I got a new phone and haven't even downloaded the app to it so I'm pretty sure I'm done for this year at least (not that I even started).
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

edited June 2021
    DFBB said:
    I've played pretty much every day since April of last year since our live games got shut down. Switched from NLHE to Omaha HI/LO though since Hold'em is too boring for me online. Now all the tappers complaining about rigged box odds should play a game or two on these sites and see how rigged THEY are. All action hands pretty much 80% of the time to keep you in the hand. Can't wait for WSOPC to go back live again. Used to take a 3 hour drive to Cherokee NC 3 times a year for it πŸ™„Β 

DFBB said:
    YUP. All action hands but I don't mind the sites being "rigged" since when you realize it then you just need to play conservatively and make sure you win bigger pots than the ones you lose. If I flop a set of aces with two suited connectors on the board then I pretty much know I'm gonna get rivered with a straight or flush 🀨 

DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    Not that we would EVER organize such a tournament 🀐