WOH 06-07-21- Still no PXP

dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
– The Great Houmy
Prev13

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I remember in the 2nd half of '18, many were hesitant about going from silver to gold because we were waiting for lxp in slugfest.....plz plz dont let this be! lol
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Glu is doing a better job of reducing my time on app then I ever could!  Kudos to ya guys, thanks!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    OMFG
    edited June 2021
    Spoke too soon! 🤣🤣

Betting @dkarski87 and @DFBB will be silent today.  Too busy cycling like a fool!
    - Blueleopard
    It's ON!!!!!
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    whynot said:
    Spoke too soon! 🤣🤣

Betting @dkarski87 and @DFBB will be silent today.  Too busy cycling like a fool!
    Considering its only 10 cycles Alex will by done by 2est
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I admittedly bought field pass this weekend which ended my 3 week no spending streak. I received an iTunes gift card, and since this was the only game I played it’s where I used it. Also, I got 6x in vip gift which allowed to me cap acuna. I’m expecting a bump this weekend but I liked Acuna. Seeing this setup again, week long bonus guys which what I’m sure will be 3 new primes on top of the 2 today makes it easy to go back into my hobbit hole and stay away. I get the pxp starvation the first week or so, but good lord this is reaching new levels of bad. But as previously stated, there goal is to have unhappy customers it sounds like so mission accomplished. 

Also, people are still buying pxp, whether they are happy about it or not they are still doing it. Lots of capped primes from weekday and weekend boxes. You don’t get that much from events and field pass. So barring another glitch they are paying for it. 
    I admittedly bought field pass this weekend which ended my 3 week no spending streak. I received an iTunes gift card, and since this was the only game I played it’s where I used it. Also, I got 6x in vip gift which allowed to me cap acuna. I’m expecting a bump this weekend but I liked Acuna. Seeing this setup again, week long bonus guys which what I’m sure will be 3 new primes on top of the 2 today makes it easy to go back into my hobbit hole and stay away. I get the pxp starvation the first week or so, but good lord this is reaching new levels of bad. But as previously stated, there goal is to have unhappy customers it sounds like so mission accomplished. 

Also, people are still buying pxp, whether they are happy about it or not they are still doing it. Lots of capped primes from weekday and weekend boxes. You don’t get that much from events and field pass. So barring another glitch they are paying for it. 
    Am I missing something?  You mentioned week long bonus guys but I don’t see any mention of that in the app.
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:

Am I missing something?  You mentioned week long bonus guys but I don’t see any mention of that in the app.
    Timer on today's boxes run through Thursday.
    whynot said:

As @DFBB said the counter runs through Thursday. Plus in the limited examples when there are 2 separate boxes on Monday it usually means the guys are bonuses for a week. In theory it’s a great idea, except when they flood the store with a new box or 2 everyday to supplement bonus sets. By Wed of Thu there will be 30+ bonus guys again. They either see that and don’t care, or truly don’t understand what it takes to level 1 guy, let alone 4 or 5. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Needs three times the PxP to level a player.

GLU finally makes PxP a reward....but reduces the amount lower than the BXP rewards.

So, if I cycle ten times today, I get enough PxP to get a guy 8.9% of the way to D10.

Fourth week in a row I won't play my favorite event.

Great job, GLU

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Thanks for the info guys, I would of missed the timer. At my age I tend to avoid timers that are counting down, they have a sobering effect on me
    - Blueleopard
    Last 3 are right, left, right. I wasn’t paying much attention to the early rounds of level 5, but the chart is updated.

Needs three times the PxP to level a player.

GLU finally makes PxP a reward....but reduces the amount lower than the BXP rewards.

So, if I cycle ten times today, I get enough PxP to get a guy 8.9% of the way to D10.

Fourth week in a row I won't play my favorite event.

Great job, GLU

Dang. Math and logic? How boring!!!
    In all seriousness, you're totally right. Thing is, I just wanted a reason to do WoH. It's obv not much, but it's something. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts

I only see about 13k pxp total for 10 cycles. I think that's more like 1.4% or something. 

It's so ridiculous.

JEDDDOGGY said:

I only see about 13k pxp total for 10 cycles. I think that's more like 1.4% or something. 

It's so ridiculous.

Excluding skills and w/o FP/all star pxp bonuses, it's actually 1.2%. LOL. Sometimes, all you can do is laugh. 
    Pxp is now in season rewards!
    - Blueleopard
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    @dfbb how are you promoting this?  Its legitimate trash. Yes, I understand they're giving a sought after resource, but the EOD reward is borderline useless. Without a prime player as a reward for every 2-3 cycles, this will net you minimal pxp. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    @dfbb how are you promoting this?  Its legitimate trash. Yes, I understand they're giving a sought after resource, but the EOD reward is borderline useless. Without a prime player as a reward for every 2-3 cycles, this will net you minimal pxp. 
    I'm not promoting it. If it comes across that way, I certainly didn't mean to. It's terrible ROI any way you slice it. For me personally, I still like WoH. I was going to do some cycles regardless, but now, I'll get my 10 in. 
    DFBB said:
    I'm not promoting it. If it comes across that way, I certainly didn't mean to. It's terrible ROI any way you slice it. For me personally, I still like WoH. I was going to do some cycles regardless, but now, I'll get my 10 in. 
    You're one of the original WOH thread beasts. People here take your writings as if it is promoting.  My argument is that its impactful people throughout the community like yourself that have the ability to bring formally beloved game modes like woh back out of hiding for the last 2 years. I see it as a step back is all. 
    DFBB said:
    You're one of the original WOH thread beasts. People here take your writings as if it is promoting.  My argument is that its impactful people throughout the community like yourself that have the ability to bring formally beloved game modes like woh back out of hiding for the last 2 years. I see it as a step back is all. 
    The reality of it is, no one in here, regardless of stature in game and in the forums has any bearing to them ruining woh. Not playing woh means nothing because they view it as “free” to the players. Them giving us 1.2% of the pxp needed to level a player for spending at minimum a few hours playing sums it up. If we don’t like what they give us for “free” we can buy it. Granted it’s very small amounts for a large amount of money but nonetheless we can buy it.  
    DFBB said:
    To the powers that be, I've made my position crystal clear on WoH. I even presented the domino effect of WoH and to be specific, how for many, the game still revolves around WoH. That, was last year. And well, here we are. To your point, this is definitely a step back. Things are even worse now or so, it seems.  Last year, we complained about a prime every 2-3 cycles. Now? We're hoping for that.....

My thing is, I try to bring up angles that may have been overlooked. Trust me, there are a myriad of things that I'd love to change, but I understand how things work. I just roll with the punches and as long as it's still fun, I'll be around. At the end, it's still 'just' a game. 

DFBB said:
    The reality of it is, no one in here, regardless of stature in game and in the forums has any bearing to them ruining woh. Not playing woh means nothing because they view it as “free” to the players. Them giving us 1.2% of the pxp needed to level a player for spending at minimum a few hours playing sums it up. If we don’t like what they give us for “free” we can buy it. Granted it’s very small amounts for a large amount of money but nonetheless we can buy it.  
    Right, I get that. But the catalyst to the Tuesday event is the woh player, which will inevitably be part of the major set with the prime player. Skip woh entirely,  and sales would plummet. I find it hard to believe that the game is centered around the rainbow badges. If people just stuck together, glu would be forced to bring back resources. no different than a stock
    DFBB said:
    Right, I get that. But the catalyst to the Tuesday event is the woh player, which will inevitably be part of the major set with the prime player. Skip woh entirely,  and sales would plummet. I find it hard to believe that the game is centered around the rainbow badges. If people just stuck together, glu would be forced to bring back resources. no different than a stock
    Good point!  Maybe Skykings could turn off their auto tappers and organize a boycott again!
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    DFBB said:
    Good point!  Maybe Skykings could turn off their auto tappers and organize a boycott again!
    Auto tapping will always go on. It really cant be stopped. And a 60 person boycott would never work. You got the biggest addicts that have switched from substance abuse to playing a phone game behind the drivers wheel. 
    edited June 2021
    DFBB said:
    But people don’t. 2-3 weeks ago there was a big boycott planned. The big clubs were all over global etc. That boycott lasted 1 minute as the same club who posted boycott, were all near the top of the gauntlet. Who were those guys? Majority were rainbow vips. People can believe what they want, I can just tell you my experience playing the game, it revolves and depends so much on the big spenders and players. If glu deep down cared what the majority thought, woh wouldn’t be what it is and we wouldn’t have 7-8 primes a week no one but the rainbow vips can level. The games only affordable for the select few. As for the only 60 guys boycotting. While I understand that, but it would be more than 60 of all the top clubs did it. Just a ball park it would be 10-12 full clubs and I’d bet a large portion of those guys are spending several hundred to $1k a week. So that’s a large chunk of revenue. Fact is 10-20 of us lowly red vips don’t match the impact of what some of those guys spend in a week. I mean good for them they have the disposable income. But they will keep this format as long as they are making money and they have buyers, which they do. 
    DFBB said:
    But people don’t. 2-3 weeks ago there was a big boycott planned. The big clubs were all over global etc. That boycott lasted 1 minute as the same club who posted boycott, were all near the top of the gauntlet. Who were those guys? Majority were rainbow vips. People can believe what they want, I can just tell you my experience playing the game, it revolves and depends so much on the big spenders and players. If glu deep down cared what the majority thought, woh wouldn’t be what it is and we wouldn’t have 7-8 primes a week no one but the rainbow vips can level. The games only affordable for the select few. As for the only 60 guys boycotting. While I understand that, but it would be more than 60 of all the top clubs did it. Just a ball park it would be 10-12 full clubs and I’d bet a large portion of those guys are spending several hundred to $1k a week. So that’s a large chunk of revenue. Fact is 10-20 of us lowly red vips don’t match the impact of what some of those guys spend in a week. I mean good for them they have the disposable income. But they will keep this format as long as they are making money and they have buyers, which they do. 
    Are we just avoiding the fact that 1 person funds 40+players alone just to play?  Because, this IS happening. The boycott from these guys is the equivalent of a big brother stealing their ball in the yard. They whine, but the reality is that they fold on the snap of a positive, not realizing the end goal
    DFBB said:
    Are we just avoiding the fact that 1 person funds 40+players alone just to play?  Because, this IS happening. The boycott from these guys is the equivalent of a big brother stealing their ball in the yard. They whine, but the reality is that they fold on the snap of a positive, not realizing the end goal
    I’m not sure what you’re referencing as far as 1 guy funding 40+ players. Maybe that’s the case but someone is spending. I’ll tell you right now if someone wanted to fund me I’d be playing just as hard right now lol. But I’m not naming names, the big clubs and spenders know who they are. Enough spend to justify the current set up. And until that stops, there is no real reason to change, despite what majority of players want. 

And just to clarify, I’m not eve. Asking why they make it impossible to level 7-8 primes. But why is it impossible/so expensive to level just 1? That’s what I don’t get. 
    edited June 2021
    Anyone interested in funding players, HMU!!  Game name is Wash and I am not above having a game sugar daddy!!  
    - Blueleopard
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Things wont change, they have made it clear time and time again that the big spenders are the 1% of the game. The current system is tailored, at-least from there point of view to their current market base. The casual players. Why do they make it impossible for those casual players to play? Because they want to turn the guy that spend 5$ a week into the the guys that spend 500$ a week. How do they do that? Same way the game has been designed from the beginning, lure them in with free gifts and high end players and watch them open up those wallets. Maybe im wrong here, but as @DFBB has mentioned many times, as stupid as we might think they are, they know exactly what there doing and why they are doing it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy