Double gold!

Comments

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Definitely a strange schedule for double gold so far. Pretty random for 24hrs on a Saturday 🤷🏻‍♂️ Will take it tho!
  • LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    it “should” be double gold today based on past schedule of every other weekend. Although we do know this year has been a cluster f$@% as far as any kind of regular schedule goes. I’m sure they will wait until next weekend for Memorial Day to put up double gold to encourage people to play and not actually enjoying themselves out at the beach. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    it “should” be double gold today based on past schedule of every other weekend. Although we do know this year has been a cluster f$@% as far as any kind of regular schedule goes. I’m sure they will wait until next weekend for Memorial Day to put up double gold to encourage people to play and not actually enjoying themselves out at the beach. 
    It never “should” be double gold weekend. I would expect it next weekend however. Remember when we had it for last Saturday?  

Next weekend is a 3-day weekend. I think we see it then 
    It “should” be double gold weekend if Glu thinks people “should” spend their hard earned money on this game. 

Yes last Saturday unannounced for a few hours was a real treat…
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Double gold all the time would devalue gold. Its already extremely devalued. That's why box odds are at ATG rate for bxp players
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    no one said to have it all the time? Yes if it was permanent then they might as well double all box prices, don’t think anyone has ever advocated for that here. What I said was that based in past (specifically last year) they had it roughly every other weekend and that seemed to work fine. Gold didn’t just become “devalued” this year. It has happened over time due to a multitude of factors. Remember when videos only gave you 4 gold? Remember when they never had double gold for videos? Remember when they only had a a few events per week? Remember when there were only a few new boxes each week? They had to slowly keep increasing gold to everyone to keep them engaged and spending. And if they keep raising box odds then eventually people will stop spending and they will be forced to lower. It’s easy to say them offering double gold is the cause of all their issues. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Gold didn’t just become “devalued” this year. It has happened over time due to a multitude of factors. Remember when videos only gave you 4 gold? Remember when they never had double gold for videos? Remember when they only had a a few events per week? Remember when there were only a few new boxes each week? They had to slowly keep increasing gold to everyone to keep them engaged and spending. And if they keep raising box odds then eventually people will stop spending and they will be forced to lower. It’s easy to say them offering double gold is the cause of all their issues. 
    All great points, but you forgot the #1 reason(d6) why the gold economy is all messed up. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Gold didn’t just become “devalued” this year. It has happened over time due to a multitude of factors. Remember when videos only gave you 4 gold? Remember when they never had double gold for videos? Remember when they only had a a few events per week? Remember when there were only a few new boxes each week? They had to slowly keep increasing gold to everyone to keep them engaged and spending. And if they keep raising box odds then eventually people will stop spending and they will be forced to lower. It’s easy to say them offering double gold is the cause of all their issues. 
    All great points, but you forgot the #1 reason(d6) why the gold economy is all messed up. 
    I don’t think your wrong, but sort of the chicken or the egg argument. Did people start cycling D6 more because of the cost to compete? In 17, I didn’t cycle like I do now. But once bonus players, bonus sets, daily new players got Introduced is when the price sky rocketed and you need to spend so much everyday to compete. I played substantially more once this started than before. Also, 90% of the game is bonus game events anyway so by their own design they’ve sorta pushed the D6 because if you have to play BG everyday that’s the end result. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    What I said was that based in past (specifically last year) they had it roughly every other weekend and that seemed to work fine. 
    Wouldn’t having it next weekend (3rd weekend) with a day of double gold the previous weekend make this roughly every other weekend?  You know they want it over the holiday weekend
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Typically it works around holidays so it seems as if they got to run double gold on back to back weekends or vice versa to make it fall on that particular holiday. Only caveat is that sometimes they have stiffed us on some holidays too. So who knows what the Gluheads thinking about. I think they are playing short one cymbal 99% of the time🤷
  • Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    I thought for sure today would be the start of double gold 
    They’ll probably start it on Monday just to say they did it 
    I believe they are starting it a day later than normal so they can run double gold through Monday. Which they’ve done before. 3am tonight my guess. 
    I believe they are starting it a day later than normal so they can run double gold through Monday. Which they’ve done before. 3am tonight my guess. 
    I believe.... you were indeed right. It’s like you’ve played this game before 🤔
    Double gold now through Memorial Day 👍🏻Happy Memorial Day weekend! Cheers 🍻 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Are you normally up at 3 a.m. ET, @mythicaldragon? lol 

I'm at the stage where I wished we'd get more than 500 a day. The stage where I get through 300 of them and can't get back to it comes later. 
    edited May 2021
    Cooz19 said:
    Are you normally up at 3 a.m. ET, @mythicaldragon? lol 

I'm at the stage where I wished we'd get more than 500 a day. The stage where I get through 300 of them and can't get back to it comes later. 
    Yes usually always.. I work nights have for nearly 20 years. 

Yeah more than 500 would be nice. When they started the limit I think it was 150 which wasn’t nearly enough. I have to be honest having a limit kinda saves me from myself lol tho think I could do 750 pretty comfortably and it wouldn’t take over my life 😂
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Yay.....More Squirrel!
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    xracman said:
    Yay.....More Squirrel!
    Man, you got me. Grrr!!!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MoenPOSMoenPOS Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    Wanted to spice things up cuz this forum is DOA and completely uninteresting now.

cycle caaaaaaaaapppp🤣🤣🤣
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    MoenPOS said:
    Wanted to spice things up cuz this forum is DOA and completely uninteresting now.

cycle caaaaaaaaapppp🤣🤣🤣
    Prime era. Been 3 years strong on giving people a break from this game. If you cant cycle cap a player of the top tier resources, people leave. I sure as shit cant afford to compete. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    I wish they would just turn it on.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    They've changed the meaning of cycle cap. Now it refers to your 3rd cycle of d6 giving you zilch rewards lol.
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    so its ....cycle crap.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    Double gold 🍻 
    Double gold Happy 4th  🇺🇸 
    Double gold for 4 days 🍻 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Three weeks and counting now with no DG. TY GLU, for another weekend of no engagement!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Finally….. Double gold 👍🏻 Have a great weekend!
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Well ride me sideways: 4 days
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited August 2021
    On double gold I like to grab that big Olay offer that's usually like 35k to 45k gold and then gift it to mom/wife/stepdaughter, but I see those are all gone now? I checked the 18, 19 and 20 versions of the game and those all have Olay, the 21 version is the only one that doesn't for some reason. Has the the exact same offer list, except the 2 or 3 that I actually want  (Olay).

On a side note, anyone do any of the games that are out there? I did a couple before and you could get past them by just buying some $5 thing to pass the levels.