WOH 06-07-21- Still no PXP

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    whynot said:
    DFBB said:
    @dfbb how are you promoting this?  Its legitimate trash. Yes, I understand they're giving a sought after resource, but the EOD reward is borderline useless. Without a prime player as a reward for every 2-3 cycles, this will net you minimal pxp. 
    I'm not promoting it. If it comes across that way, I certainly didn't mean to. It's terrible ROI any way you slice it. For me personally, I still like WoH. I was going to do some cycles regardless, but now, I'll get my 10 in. 
    You're one of the original WOH thread beasts. People here take your writings as if it is promoting.  My argument is that its impactful people throughout the community like yourself that have the ability to bring formally beloved game modes like woh back out of hiding for the last 2 years. I see it as a step back is all. 
    The reality of it is, no one in here, regardless of stature in game and in the forums has any bearing to them ruining woh. Not playing woh means nothing because they view it as “free” to the players. Them giving us 1.2% of the pxp needed to level a player for spending at minimum a few hours playing sums it up. If we don’t like what they give us for “free” we can buy it. Granted it’s very small amounts for a large amount of money but nonetheless we can buy it.  
    Right, I get that. But the catalyst to the Tuesday event is the woh player, which will inevitably be part of the major set with the prime player. Skip woh entirely,  and sales would plummet. I find it hard to believe that the game is centered around the rainbow badges. If people just stuck together, glu would be forced to bring back resources. no different than a stock
    Good point!  Maybe Skykings could turn off their auto tappers and organize a boycott again!
    Auto tapping will always go on. It really cant be stopped. And a 60 person boycott would never work. You got the biggest addicts that have switched from substance abuse to playing a phone game behind the drivers wheel. 
    Buddy, you just need the right 60 people. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Things wont change, they have made it clear time and time again that the big spenders are the 1% of the game. The current system is tailored, at-least from there point of view to their current market base. The casual players. Why do they make it impossible for those casual players to play? Because they want to turn the guy that spend 5$ a week into the the guys that spend 500$ a week. How do they do that? Same way the game has been designed from the beginning, lure them in with free gifts and high end players and watch them open up those wallets. Maybe im wrong here, but as @DFBB has mentioned many times, as stupid as we might think they are, they know exactly what there doing and why they are doing it.
    I don’t think this is wrong but I don’t think you see many $5/week spenders going to $500. I’m sure it’s happened but I think your example is why they don’t care about losing red vips like me they can turn $5 to a $100-$200 spender I think. I think their goal is to make sure the guys who do spend the $500+ week keep spending it. The $100-$200 guys are just easier to replace. I think one thing is clear, we all have our own ideas on what is driving this, but the end result is the same. The game has just gotten so out of hand, $200 a week doesn’t really do anything anymore. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    edited June 2021
    Nope, 200$ a week doesnt really get you anywhere. Atleast for us in Canada. We basically pay 40% more then you guys do. 99.99$ cost me 139.99.  So me buying all 3 field passes is usually around 200$. Not cheap.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    whynot said:
    Anyone interested in funding players, HMU!!  Game name is Wash and I am not above having a game sugar daddy!!  
    Not hard to point out who I'm talking about. You'll see his name twice on every gauntlet leaderboard. You'll also see that degree of activity on wednesdays. Its specifically this person who made me never want to spend again. You Skings can grind all you want, but there will always be some player that is willing to buy success...and Hes done it. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    dkarski87 said:
    Nope, 200$ a week doesnt really get you anywhere. Atleast for us in Canada. We basically pay 40% more then you guys do. 99.99$ cost me 139.99.  So me buying all 3 field passes is usually around 100$. Not cheap.
    Yep and that’s where I kinda draw the line. If $200 doesn’t get you anywhere in this game that’s too much for me. You either need luck or to be able to spend your way to get what you want. There is no in between anymore 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    There's a direct correlation between one's control over the decisions made at the big swinging dick-level of this game, and the consistent posting in this forum. Elon Musk isn't hanging out in a forum responding to complaints about his product. 

By just an eye test measure, there are maybe 50 people posting regularly here. Those posts are almost entirely rooted in a complaining nature. The game isn't changing its direction, and I think we, as reasonable people, can assume it's because they're making the money they want to. Since no one here is actively posting "yay!!! None of you broke f**kers can afford these horrible odds, I'm gonna corner the market!!" we can further assume those who are OK with how this is going aren't posting here. 

Simple logic: no one here makes decisions, and no one who matters gives a toss about the issues raised here. Let it go. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Cooz19 said:

Since no one here is actively posting "yay!!! None of you broke f**kers can afford these horrible odds, I'm gonna corner the market!!" we can further assume those who are OK with how this is going aren't posting here. 

Simple logic: no one here makes decisions, and no one who matters gives a toss about the issues raised here. Let it go. 
    I can tell you that many of the complaints here get mocked by the lurkers. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Cooz19 said:

Since no one here is actively posting "yay!!! None of you broke f**kers can afford these horrible odds, I'm gonna corner the market!!" we can further assume those who are OK with how this is going aren't posting here. 

I prefer to openly mock. 
    Cooz19 said:
    There's a direct correlation between one's control over the decisions made at the big swinging dick-level of this game, and the consistent posting in this forum. Elon Musk isn't hanging out in a forum responding to complaints about his product. 

By just an eye test measure, there are maybe 50 people posting regularly here. Those posts are almost entirely rooted in a complaining nature. The game isn't changing its direction, and I think we, as reasonable people, can assume it's because they're making the money they want to. Since no one here is actively posting "yay!!! None of you broke f**kers can afford these horrible odds, I'm gonna corner the market!!" we can further assume those who are OK with how this is going aren't posting here. 

I won’t for 2 reasons. 1) this keeps me busier and keeps me off the game where I am always tempted to resort back to spending. But then I see the consistent horror stories and makes me feel better. Like you previously mentioned, almost AAesque. 2) I am a firm believer that if you just let things go, they will continue to ignore it. Maybe they are happy their customer base is unhappy, but a continuous reminder never hurt anyone

Also, I think a key thing missing is while there may be 50 people commenting on here, most of them are in groups that share the same sentiment. So the 50 people in general represent a larger group. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Cycled once yesterday. First Monday cycle in a while. Was going to cycle again, then lost an autosim at 3.5 twice, so I just quit. Not in the mood for that crap especially when the ROI is literally nothing bc I'm not going to spend $250 a week playing this game.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

I cycled 16x yesterday. WoH didn't suddenly get more fun. The stars just aligned. There was some pxp, but more importantly, I was simply in the mood to play. I worked on some upgrades over the weekend and along with keeper skills, I was anxious to test things out. On top of that, we were in a battle for top 4. The exact same setup next week and I might only get in a couple of cycles. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I cycled 16x yesterday. WoH didn't suddenly get more fun. The stars just aligned. There was some pxp, but more importantly, I was simply in the mood to play. I worked on some upgrades over the weekend and along with keeper skills, I was anxious to test things out. On top of that, we were in a battle for top 4. The exact same setup next week and I might only get in a couple of cycles. 
    This was me as well. I did 15 or 16. I lost track after the reward guy was maxed. But our club ended up 2nd and I was close to top 5 in MVP. Those were my only drivers for playing so much. I prefer being in the hunt on Mondays than on any other day, so I’ll spend my time doing that because I know I can’t compete most other days. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Cooz19 said:

Then again I mock the dip$hits who spend thousands of dollars each week on this game. They mock me fine but who is in credit card debt hell because of a stupid mobile game. Paying interest for a d6 leveled prime player, yeah smart🤔. Don't throw stones through glass windows when you're standing on the other side.
    DFBB said:
    Cooz19 said:

Then again I mock the dip$hits who spend thousands of dollars each week on this game. They mock me fine but who is in credit card debt hell because of a stupid mobile game. Paying interest for a d6 leveled prime player, yeah smart🤔. Don't throw stones through glass windows when you're standing on the other side.
    While I’m sure some are I hope that’s not the case in most instances. I spent what I could without going that route, but because it wasn’t enough I stopped. It was a hobby. I mean spending money to cap a D10 player in a game, is it any worse than spending $10/pack for something that gives you cancer? Or going out on a weekend and dropping a couple hundred bucks on drinks at a bar? Everyone has a definition of fun, this is still fun for some. Just not for me. There’s a lot of things I think people “waste” money on, but I don’t join all those forums to criticize them. 
    DFBB said:
    Cooz19 said:

While I’m sure some are I hope that’s not the case in most instances. I spent what I could without going that route, but because it wasn’t enough I stopped. It was a hobby. I mean spending money to cap a D10 player in a game, is it any worse than spending $10/pack for something that gives you cancer? Or going out on a weekend and dropping a couple hundred bucks on drinks at a bar? Everyone has a definition of fun, this is still fun for some. Just not for me. There’s a lot of things I think people “waste” money on, but I don’t join all those forums to criticize them. 
    Personally, I don't care how others spend their time and/or money. I got enough issues of my own. lol
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    Cooz19 said:

Personally, I don't care how others spend their time and/or money. I got enough issues of my own. lol
    I agree 100%, not my money so it isn’t my problem. Just making a point. 

My problem was I was always complaining about the game being too expensive and my money going no where, but yet I kept buying things. I am trying to rectify that and for the most part have been successful. Didn’t make sense to complain about and it then keep feeding the beast. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Been asking for pxp jackpot bundles for weeks, I bet when they finally do they will make the 10 box guarantee 5k pxp. The FR jackpot boxes should be higher, wasn't it 50k last year? Or they should make it dependent on your tiers, but that would be too complicated for them to pull off. 100k spent on FR boxes gets you 25k pxp on the gurantee box, pretty bad.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Been asking for pxp jackpot bundles for weeks, I bet when they finally do they will make the 10 box guarantee 5k pxp. The FR jackpot boxes should be higher, wasn't it 50k last year? Or they should make it dependent on your tiers, but that would be too complicated for them to pull off. 100k spent on FR boxes gets you 25k pxp on the gurantee box, pretty bad.
    I admittedly don’t remember exactly but wasn’t the pxp jackpot guarantee 100k? Initially it was 19.99 too and then Got bumped to 29.99. I don’t remember what the fan rewards was when they first added pxp, but 50k sounds right. I also don’t remember 7-8 primes/week when they first came out. So they seem to be expanding the player amounts but reducing the pxp availability. Again, comes down to money. Pxp will be plentiful in about 2-2.5 months. 
    edited June 2021
    dkarski87 said:
    I admittedly don’t remember exactly but wasn’t the pxp jackpot guarantee 100k?
    That was a 'bug'.....that just continued into eternity. lol
    DFBB said:
    dkarski87 said:
    I admittedly don’t remember exactly but wasn’t the pxp jackpot guarantee 100k?
    That was a 'bug'.....that just continued into eternity. lol
    Yep. Point remains people bought those like crazy, so pretty amazing of you make it worth it people will buy. Also why there was only a brief complaint of the $10 increase. It was still a great ROI at 29.99, In my opinion.  
    Semi-related, but here are last year’s cvc rewards around this time(6-19-20) last year. 

DFBB said:
    Semi-related, but here are last year’s cvc rewards around this time(6-19-20) last year. 

So about 500 less per round. So roughly 12k less per week assuming you win high score every round. It adds up. Not sure what the boxes had in them last year but we already know FR, WOH, and not CVC we’re less as well as weaker specials. I’m not sure on the odds but I don’t remember primes almost always being sub 1% as well, on top of more primes each week. 

I'm dreading the LxP squeeze. If it is this bad, then my time with this game is done.

I blew it out in 2020. I know what it costs to compete in this game. I'm not willing to spend it.

Congrats to the Rainbow brigade for owning the game and the direction. More power to them.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

I'm dreading the LxP squeeze. If it is this bad, then my time with this game is done.

I blew it out in 2020. I know what it costs to compete in this game. I'm not willing to spend it.

Congrats to the Rainbow brigade for owning the game and the direction. More power to them.

I've been at this game since 18'.  PXP has always been the biggest resource squeeze. This is why I always leave for this part of the game.  About 6 weeks after legends come out, all resources are easily attainable. For me, theres just too many better things to do than play this during the summer months. I really dont enjoy this game without a bit of spending. It's just too expensive during this transition, so I dont bother. I'll log in daily to collect gifts, then shut the app down for the day. For those that find this game exciting, all the props to you. I just cant play that way. 

I've been at this game since 18'.  PXP has always been the biggest resource squeeze. This is why I always leave for this part of the game.  About 6 weeks after legends come out, all resources are easily attainable. For me, theres just too many better things to do than play this during the summer months. I really dont enjoy this game without a bit of spending. It's just too expensive during this transition, so I dont bother. I'll log in daily to collect gifts, then shut the app down for the day. For those that find this game exciting, all the props to you. I just cant play that way. 
    I can definitely respect this approach. I think for some, they don't have other hobbies so it's difficult for them to take that approach. For me personally, I'm used to being able to get or reasonably chase the shiny new toys week in and week out. This year, since primes came out, I haven't been able to do that. As a result, the game has been stale for me and my interest is definitely waning. 

I don’t really agree with this. Resources specifically LXP won’t be “plentiful”. And even if they are “plentiful” it’s not even to level a new ATG each week, plus regular legends during the week and weekend. They are plentiful if you are willing to to buy 3 field passes 3x a week and then chase the player as needed. Resources are always available if you can afford to spend what it takes to get them, which again for most the game isn’t possible. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I'm not certain its been exactly the same every year, but I do recall last year PXP being nowhere to be found (and its even worse this year, or seems that way). But, last year when legends were released I distinctly recall being surprised by the abundance of LXP that was made available right from the get go.
    I will say last year, they started handing out lxp before they were released wel in advance. First legends were Cal and Shawn Green and I had enough to cap 1 prior to release. And I know I didn’t buy lxp until they released lxp jackpot bundles 

I don’t really agree with this. Resources specifically LXP won’t be “plentiful”. And even if they are “plentiful” it’s not even to level a new ATG each week, plus regular legends during the week and weekend. They are plentiful if you are willing to to buy 3 field passes 3x a week and then chase the player as needed. Resources are always available if you can afford to spend what it takes to get them, which again for most the game isn’t possible. 
    I'm more so basing this on the last 2 years specifically.  I started my team 6 weeks after legends dropped. I'd spend the money on Field Passes and could comfortably level 3-4 legends per week. I avoided Pitchers and Relievers because I dont play at high volume like others in diamond.  I never once needed to upgrade my bullpen from bxp players. I can safely say, I never felt an LXP squeeze the way PXP is delivered. 

I hope you all are correct. I'm just expecting things to get worse as the Rainbow Brigade is willingly spending more and more. I can't blame GLU for doing what they are doing. If you have players that are so willing to be ripped off, keep ripping them off.

Like another poster said above: I don't care if I'm mocked by a group of people that spend a mortgage weekly on this game. It takes ZERO skill to buy players, resources, then tap "auto sim" thousands of times (or less if you have auto tap).  You can mock me all you want if that is something you are proud of.