WOH 06-07-21- Still no PXP

13Next

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    You would think with the amount of money that gets spent on this game, there is like a 100k grand prize at the end of each season, but its the opposite. Clean slate and you start all over again with no prize at the end of the tunnel.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts

I'm dreading the LxP squeeze. If it is this bad, then my time with this game is done.

I blew it out in 2020. I know what it costs to compete in this game. I'm not willing to spend it.

Congrats to the Rainbow brigade for owning the game and the direction. More power to them.

I've been at this game since 18'.  PXP has always been the biggest resource squeeze. This is why I always leave for this part of the game.  About 6 weeks after legends come out, all resources are easily attainable. For me, theres just too many better things to do than play this during the summer months. I really dont enjoy this game without a bit of spending. It's just too expensive during this transition, so I dont bother. I'll log in daily to collect gifts, then shut the app down for the day. For those that find this game exciting, all the props to you. I just cant play that way. 
    I don’t really agree with this. Resources specifically LXP won’t be “plentiful”. And even if they are “plentiful” it’s not even to level a new ATG each week, plus regular legends during the week and weekend. They are plentiful if you are willing to to buy 3 field passes 3x a week and then chase the player as needed. Resources are always available if you can afford to spend what it takes to get them, which again for most the game isn’t possible. 
    I'm more so basing this on the last 2 years specifically.  I started my team 6 weeks after legends dropped. I'd spend the money on Field Passes and could comfortably level 3-4 legends per week. I avoided Pitchers and Relievers because I dont play at high volume like others in diamond.  I never once needed to upgrade my bullpen from bxp players. I can safely say, I never felt an LXP squeeze the way PXP is delivered. 
    You were leveling 3-4 legends a week last season? With what I’m assuming is all 3 field passes? I’m genuinely curious. Because leveling 3-4 a week, which doesn’t include the ATG who was 2x seems pretty hard. Maybe Im an idiot and spent Incorrectly, but I don’t see how you level 3-4 without all 3 FP, which doesn’t even include the cost to get the players. 
    I would agree though, the pxp squeeze seems like it’s the worst, this year more than years past. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts

I hope you all are correct. I'm just expecting things to get worse as the Rainbow Brigade is willingly spending more and more. I can't blame GLU for doing what they are doing. If you have players that are so willing to be ripped off, keep ripping them off.

Like another poster said above: I don't care if I'm mocked by a group of people that spend a mortgage weekly on this game. It takes ZERO skill to buy players, resources, then tap "auto sim" thousands of times (or less if you have auto tap).  You can mock me all you want if that is something you are proud of.

Ya.. other than resource management, skill primarily comes down to money spent + an efficient script on autotap. Theres literally nothing else to it. Dont ever believe otherwise. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"

I'm dreading the LxP squeeze. If it is this bad, then my time with this game is done.

I blew it out in 2020. I know what it costs to compete in this game. I'm not willing to spend it.

Congrats to the Rainbow brigade for owning the game and the direction. More power to them.

I've been at this game since 18'.  PXP has always been the biggest resource squeeze. This is why I always leave for this part of the game.  About 6 weeks after legends come out, all resources are easily attainable. For me, theres just too many better things to do than play this during the summer months. I really dont enjoy this game without a bit of spending. It's just too expensive during this transition, so I dont bother. I'll log in daily to collect gifts, then shut the app down for the day. For those that find this game exciting, all the props to you. I just cant play that way. 
    I don’t really agree with this. Resources specifically LXP won’t be “plentiful”. And even if they are “plentiful” it’s not even to level a new ATG each week, plus regular legends during the week and weekend. They are plentiful if you are willing to to buy 3 field passes 3x a week and then chase the player as needed. Resources are always available if you can afford to spend what it takes to get them, which again for most the game isn’t possible. 
    I'm more so basing this on the last 2 years specifically.  I started my team 6 weeks after legends dropped. I'd spend the money on Field Passes and could comfortably level 3-4 legends per week. I avoided Pitchers and Relievers because I dont play at high volume like others in diamond.  I never once needed to upgrade my bullpen from bxp players. I can safely say, I never felt an LXP squeeze the way PXP is delivered. 
    You were leveling 3-4 legends a week last season? With what I’m assuming is all 3 field passes? I’m genuinely curious. Because leveling 3-4 a week, which doesn’t include the ATG who was 2x seems pretty hard. Maybe Im an idiot and spent Incorrectly, but I don’t see how you level 3-4 without all 3 FP, which doesn’t even include the cost to get the players. 
    Yes all 3 passes. Plus, I was in a top 4 club everyday. The weekend repulls would provide everything I needed. Maybe it was just luck
    dkarski87 said:
    You would think with the amount of money that gets spent on this game, there is like a 100k grand prize at the end of each season, but its the opposite. Clean slate and you start all over again with no prize at the end of the tunnel.
    Theres no monetary prize because the game is perfectly and imperfectly coded to allow cheaters to thrive and battle amongst themselves. Problem is, theres always someone that is willing to throw more into the game. If it's Skillz this year, itll be some other clown the next. 

Yes all 3 passes. Plus, I was in a top 4 club everyday. The weekend repulls would provide everything I needed. Maybe it was just luck
    I mean i was too but that field pass is the difference and kinda the point I’m making. You gotta drop 250+ before even getting players to make it work. Goving the idea resources were “plentiful” isn’t exactly the case when it needs to be prefaced with buying all the FP. I agree if you can spend it it makes it so much easier. But that’s not realistic for 99% of the game. 

I mean i was too but that field pass is the difference and kinda the point I’m making. You gotta drop 250+ before even getting players to make it work. Goving the idea resources were “plentiful” isn’t exactly the case when it needs to be prefaced with buying all the FP. I agree if you can spend it it makes it so much easier. But that’s not realistic for 99% of the game. 
    I was making the FP assumption with diamond players. I couldn't imagine being diamond without those presets. If you're gold/silver, you really dont need to fight for resources

I was making the FP assumption with diamond players. I couldn't imagine being diamond without those presets. If you're gold/silver, you really dont need to fight for resources
    I usually just got small and medium. Which really doesn’t give much back like the large pass. But that’s what I meant, everything is easier when you’re paying through the nose for it. But that isn’t sustainable for a lot players, including diamond 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts

I hope you all are correct. I'm just expecting things to get worse as the Rainbow Brigade is willingly spending more and more. I can't blame GLU for doing what they are doing. If you have players that are so willing to be ripped off, keep ripping them off.

Like another poster said above: I don't care if I'm mocked by a group of people that spend a mortgage weekly on this game. It takes ZERO skill to buy players, resources, then tap "auto sim" thousands of times (or less if you have auto tap).  You can mock me all you want if that is something you are proud of.

If it makes you feel any better, when i mock you it has nothing to do with your TSB spending 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

Like another poster said above: I don't care if I'm mocked by a group of people that spend a mortgage weekly on this game. 

Where are you getting this info?
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited June 2021
    dkarski87 said:
    Theres no monetary prize because the game is perfectly and imperfectly coded to allow cheaters to thrive and battle amongst themselves. Problem is, theres always someone that is willing to throw more into the game. If it's Skillz this year, itll be some other clown the next. 
    The thing I find hilarious about these people trying to out spend for the #1 spot in the world rankings is that your prize is the same as my unranked scrub a$$....that is butkus, nothing.... I spend absolutely nothing for the same prize as those ranked guys. Only difference is that my money stays right where it should in my bank accounts, without credit card debt. So I beg to ask this question who wins? Congratulations you win first you get the same prize as I do....
    Just to clarify my above post isn't directed at the guys that are regular contributors to these forums.... Y'all are cool. It's the a$$clown "lurkers" that it was directed towards.
    edited June 2021
    dkarski87 said:
    The thing I find hilarious about these people trying to out spend for the #1 spot in the world rankings is that your prize is the same as my unranked scrub a$$....that is butkus, nothing.... I spend absolutely nothing for the same prize as those ranked guys. Only difference is that my money stays right where it should in my bank accounts, without credit card debt. So I beg to ask this question who wins? Congratulations you win first you get the same prize as I do....
    Yup, you are 100% correct. The only difference is that they get custom ATGs and stadium banners. But that is only recognized within the community.  The reality is that these guys exert 100x the price to get back 1%.  I always respected Glu for doing that and succeeding in this tbh.
    dkarski87 said:
    Yup, you are 100% correct. The only difference is that they get custom ATGs and stadium banners. But that is only recognized within the community.  The reality is that these guys exert 100x the price to get back 1%.  I always respected Glu for doing that and succeeding in this tbh.
    Out of curiosity how much do you think the # 1 ranked player spends on average a month? Maybe $5000-$10000 a month for a few virtual players and a virtual banner. Damn I have to start giving GLU more credit they are freaking geniuses to be able to duke people over and over and over......and so on. I certainly can't blame them. I can see someone (not me) spending that kinda money if there was a tangible monetary prize at the end of the season but not for something virtual that could all of sudden disappear. Man I'd be pissed pouring that kind of money in at get that stuff and for it to go missing in cyberspace.
    I'd say 10k a month would be a good starting point 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    If it makes you feel any better, when i mock you it has nothing to do with your TSB spending 
    Like everything else here: at the end of the day, I really don't care. Folks on a TSB message board don't move the needle on my concern meter.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited June 2021
    Like everything else here: at the end of the day, I really don't care. Folks on a TSB message board don't move the needle on my concern meter.
    So people should message you on the app if they want to move the needle?
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I think it was shared from one of the dev chats a couple years ago, that one of the Glu folks had flat out said they'd rather have 10,000 of the $2 spenders than 1 of the $20,000 spenders. Anyway, yesterday was basically a 24 hour prime event disguised as a multi-event, which just screams vacuum-all-the-crumbs to me. 
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I think it was shared from one of the dev chats a couple years ago, that one of the Glu folks had flat out said they'd rather have 10,000 of the $2 spenders than 1 of the $20,000 spenders. Anyway, yesterday was basically a 24 hour prime event disguised as a multi-event, which just screams vacuum-all-the-crumbs to me. 
    I don’t recall this but truthfully I don’t believe it for a second. I get it in theory, I just don’t think it has been applied if that’s the case. The only one who can afford to chase and level guys is the $20k spender. While that $2 spender may be willing to spend a small bit more, he isn’t going to suddenly start pumping the cash in to chase and level. 

If there’s one thing I’ve learned my 4-5 years playing is they say a lot of things that don’t necessarily mean it’s true. I’ve met and talked with a lot of people and most of them a very genuine and very friendly. I just look at the way the game is setup and there is no way anyway can say it’s driven to keep the “10,000 $2 spenders”. I think it’s fair to say they want to keep as many people playing as possible, but also if it comes down to keeping a $20k spender happy vs $2 spenders I think we can all agree where their priorities should be.