H 2 H Tourney

Comments

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Just a heads up...Blue hasnt seen my email yet. I am trying to build this tournament up. Any help from the community is appreciated. I have about 25 teams altogether. looking for more in platinum and diamond.  Ultimately the more we get, the easier my job is.  I've been a part of this forum since early 18'  and am hoping this becomes a regular thing.  Ladies and gentlemen,  I need your help
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I was going to offer throwing in my low mileage Bronze 24K team strength (AS 15) to sweeten the pot as well but as the long weekend devil's juice wore off this morning I realized that would be a bad idea. I like @CanadaCubs and wouldn't want to one up him with my sweet team 🙄
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• H2BZH2BZ Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    H2BZ
    GOLD
  • mastodonrocksmastodonrocks Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    Heavymetaldad. Gold. 
  • sugarshortssugarshorts Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    Sugarshorts.       Gold
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I’ll Play but I don’t like the prize. If I win can I gift the club to @retirepujols
    I do not want such a punishment, sir. Just send me physical stickers in the mail. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    I have a better idea, we meet at the family entertainment facility that a certain forum member owns.  
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    can I just have the damn team?
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    I've got 71 people interested in total, but with no prize pool other than what I had to give away. Nothing from Blueleopard...not even a response. I have to bail on this. Sorry folks, I really thought he'd come through
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    play for 1 gift entry fee. Winner gets 1 gift from each winner in each pool.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    play for 1 gift entry fee. Winner gets 1 gift from each winner in each pool.
    Half the people I have are F2P.  Even 1$ is too much, and I respect that 
    The goal was to have a tournament of players in all tiers with rewards for the winners. I really thought this would interest Glu. Given lack of response from their Rep Blue, I'd say they just dont give AF
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I don’t know for sure but I don’t think they would back something that Involves getting rid of/transferring a vip team. I know they know it happens but I don’t think the want to advocate for it. 
    I don’t know for sure but I don’t think they would back something that Involves getting rid of/transferring a vip team. I know they know it happens but I don’t think the want to advocate for it. 
    Of course they wouldnt back it.  But that's where they step in.  A simple yes or no response was all I was looking for. Instead, nothing.  I was only hoping for enthusiasm from them. Again, nothing.  We have a strong community,  but that clearly means fùck all
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Of course they wouldnt back it.  But that's where they step in.  A simple yes or no response was all I was looking for. Instead, nothing.  I was only hoping for enthusiasm from them. Again, nothing.  We have a strong community,  but that clearly means fùck all
    And you just realized this?  Oh, your Canadian, guess news gets to you late.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    edited June 2021
    whynot said:
    And you just realized this?  Oh, your Canadian, guess news gets to you late.
    Thanks for the non useful pessimist comment. Again, I was only doing this to strengthen a community event. 
    @whynot, contribute instead of being a back burner commentary. You literally dont give anything other than criticism. Help people instead of shit on them.  You're better then that dude
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Sorry bud, my shit was intended for glu not you.  Sometimes ya just can’t manage the splatter.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • CrawfordBoxesCrawfordBoxes Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    if you have spot, I’d be interested.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I mean honestly, its 1 gift. F2P or not if you wanna play a h2h tourney a .99c gift aint gunna kill you. This is the format that JJSAKS used when we played those big tourneys, but it was a maximum of 4 gifts paid out to the winners, 1 gift sent to each winner in their brackets. 1 gift isnt asking a whole lot. But yea if guys dont wanna play then take my name out of it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited June 2021
    There's a direct correlation between those who don't want to pay anything for the game and their longevity in the proposed tournament. I agreed to play with the hope of there being a cool prize for the winner. I can fill out the field to help compel the game to offer it up. No way I'd win it, but I wouldn't choose to play for gifts because it isn't fun to me to get my clock cleaned and pay you for the experience. Don't tell me it "ain't gunna kill" me because I don't want to give you a dollar. 
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Thanks for trying @CanadaCubs, appreciate your efforts.  I guess take my name out too, since it clearly isn’t happening now.

Side note: @[Glu Sports] blueleopard  you sir, really need to do better.  You rarely respond to anything on here and when you actually do, it’s usually to the least important issues.  On top of that, less than half of the times you respond, does anything actually end up getting addressed and fixed.  Honestly, it’s pretty pathetic.
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard
    edited June 2021
    I love how we can’t even tag blueleopard…how are you able to do that @DFBB?  It doesn’t appear in a drop down box when I type @[Glu Sports] blue leopard — even though it’s typed exactly how it showed up when you tagged him 🤷‍♂️
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    If you wan to tag Blue, his username is towards the top in announcements. When Criffy ran the tourney in '19, people signed up and were eager to play with no prizes. Then, Blue stepped in and said that he'd offer prizes. Now, the tourney is getting cancelled because there are no prizes? And it's Blue's fault? Ugh. He had nothing to do with this thread/tourney. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    If you wan to tag Blue, his username is towards the top in announcements. When Criffy ran the tourney in '19, people signed up and were eager to play with no prizes. Then, Blue stepped in and said that he'd offer prizes. Now, the tourney is getting cancelled because there are no prizes? And it's Blue's fault? Ugh. He had nothing to do with this thread/tourney. 
    I wasn’t implying that he should have made prizes available…but he could at least respond and say that.  I also would play with no prizes, but it sounds like it’s not going to happen anyway, so I’d rather just take my name out and not worry about missing my potential matchup — as I won’t be playing as much or on the forums as much going forward.

However, it was really meant to be an all-encompassing jab at Blue…because I simply think he doesn’t do a good job AT ALL of moderating this forum.  There have been way bigger issues all year long and he rarely addresses them.  When he does address them, he just posts something that can be summarized as “we’re aware and working on it” — yet when is the last time something Glu was “working on” actually got fixed, or changed in a way to benefit us at all?

I should have posted my complaint about Blue in a separate thread though, as I’m sure that made it seem like I was bitching about no gifts.  If I really cared about gifts and value of rewards…I sure as hell wouldn’t be playing this game still, lol.

• jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Yea I read back through the chain and when the thread was started there was no mention of Glu/Blue being involved and no evidence that anyone had reached out to him directly so I was surprised to read that now it's Blue's fault that it's not going to happen. It read cop-out, I assumed the team must have got sold or something in the time between the original post and now.

That said, I really like the idea and obviously the community could use a morale boost right now. I just think we might have landed at a better outcome if Blue was approached prior to the thread with something like "hey, morale is low and I think a Criffy like tourny would go a long way. If I organize it would glu throw in some prizes?" Instead we basically invited 70 people to a open bar party at Blue's house without his knowledge and then got mad when he didn't oblige. 
    DFBB said:
    I wasn’t implying that he should have made prizes available…but he could at least respond and say that.  I also would play with no prizes, but it sounds like it’s not going to happen anyway, so I’d rather just take my name out and not worry about missing my potential matchup — as I won’t be playing as much or on the forums as much going forward.

However, it was really meant to be an all-encompassing jab at Blue…because I simply think he doesn’t do a good job AT ALL of moderating this forum.  There have been way bigger issues all year long and he rarely addresses them.  When he does address them, he just posts something that can be summarized as “we’re aware and working on it” — yet when is the last time something Glu was “working on” actually got fixed, or changed in a way to benefit us at all?

I should have posted my complaint about Blue in a separate thread though, as I’m sure that made it seem like I was bitching about no gifts.  If I really cared about gifts and value of rewards…I sure as hell wouldn’t be playing this game still, lol.

Listen, I’ve been as critical as anyone of Glu, especially the last couple months, but honestly him not commenting on this isn’t surprising. A tournament was trying to be out together to transfer a VIP team, which we all know or should know is frowned upon by Glu, so him staying away made sense to me. In regards to his involvement on other issues in that game. The one thing we don’t know is what he is told he can and can’t comment on. My guess is there are legal things they have to worry about if he says something incorrectly. Look back at the Ketel Marte Foil issue last year. Notice they said Marte was “too hard to obtain” rather than just say he wasn’t in the box(note he wasn’t in the box).  If you have issues with glus communication odds are, it hasn’t nothing to do with Blue, as he is limited is what he can probably say on certain topics. I don’t think your comments are incorrect but I just think them being directed at Blue aren’t exactly correct either, he’s the Glu rep who monitors the forums but, most of those issues are coming from above him. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    jalapenocubbies said:
    The one thing we don’t know is what he is told he can and can’t comment on.
    There's your answer. "My bosses told me I can't comment on this" is him commenting on it. His involvement means it's a game-sanctioned event. Lots of stuff go into that distinction, whether we all think it's relevant or not. His silence is most likely intentional, and we should take that as an answer, not from him, but from the game. And it isn't surprising. 
    Cooz19 said:
    jalapenocubbies said:
    The one thing we don’t know is what he is told he can and can’t comment on.
    There's your answer. "My bosses told me I can't comment on this" is him commenting on it. His involvement means it's a game-sanctioned event. Lots of stuff go into that distinction, whether we all think it's relevant or not. His silence is most likely intentional, and we should take that as an answer, not from him, but from the game. And it isn't surprising. 
    Right, but him commenting on it is acknowledging it, and then when it came tone to transfer the team then what happens? I think the no response was the answer. They aren’t getting involved in a tourney that involved a team transfer. 
    Fair enough @jalapenocubbies.  I will add that this is a baseball game and in the spirit or baseball, Blue is the “manager”, so he faces the heat by default — even if it is unfair.