H 2 H Tourney

13Next

Comments

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I wasnt blaming Blue for why I decided to cancel this tournament. I just felt that without a prize pool, what's the point. I politely asked him in a PM, no response. The argument of -Criffy didnt start off with any prize pool is ridiculous. I was specifically building off the success of his tournament to carry it forward. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I wasnt blaming Blue for why I decided to cancel this tournament. I just felt that without a prize pool, what's the point. I politely asked him in a PM, no response. The argument of -Criffy didnt start off with any prize pool is ridiculous. I was specifically building off the success of his tournament to carry it forward. 
    The point is that a tournament without prizes could still be fun and people were going to play even without prizes. Obv, you disagree and that's fine. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Play for 1 gift, its .99 people... geez.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited June 2021
    Right, but him commenting on it is acknowledging it, and then when it came tone to transfer the team then what happens? I think the no response was the answer. They aren’t getting involved in a tourney that involved a team transfer. 
    This is literally what I said. I agreed with you. They saw the thread, saw him comment, told him to shut up, and he did. And you're exactly right, they aren't getting involved with anything like a side game/competition (I work in digital media, the headline "EA Sports promoting side-betting tournament" would get some eyeballs to my sites). 

The lack of comment also doesn't mean "you guys can't do this." They're taking no official stance. So if it works for people, do it. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Just throwing my 2¢ in here (2.4¢ for my Canucks) I am sure Blu gets tagged a lot on the various GLU forums so sometimes it could just be him missing one of them.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Fair enough @jalapenocubbies.  I will add that this is a baseball game and in the spirit or baseball, Blue is the “manager”, so he faces the heat by default — even if it is unfair.
    But is it a "baseball" game though? Sure it has baseball elements but the only time you would actually play any actual baseball in it would have been this H2H tournament that you wouldn't just want to auto-tap through. Guess that's one of the reasons I'm not into it any more.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Bump. I got the support I was looking for (thanks Blue)  Everyone who has listed their names, I got them. Anyone else interested, send in your team name and division.  I'll be setting up the brackets over the next week or so. 
  • RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    Thanks for organizing this.  CWThreshers  Silver
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Just to confirm…please remove me from the tourney, as I no longer play TSB.
  • H2BZH2BZ Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    Sounds  like this is happening? I hope so, I've been looking forward to it. Gifts or no gifts doesn't matter to me! Thanks!

H2BZ
    Gold
    H2BZ said:
    Sounds  like this is happening? I hope so, I've been looking forward to it. Gifts or no gifts doesn't matter to me! Thanks!

H2BZ
    Gold
    Yup. It's on. Busy week at work, but I'll be building the brackets this weekend 
    Just a heads up, I do have the brackets set up.  Blue will review the setup next week, and we'll go from there...cheers
  • brewcitybomberbrewcitybomber Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Hope BREWCITYBOMBER is still in.....I'm still gold, my teams name is BREWCITYBOMBER 
    Just an update,  I'm not coordinating this event any more. Players are dropping like flies. literally 40% have quit. Pretty hard to build brackets when players are leaving the game. Thank you Blue for your cooperation,  but I'm out. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Bummer