The Official Worst Boxes Of The Year Thread: Let's Keep This Updated

Comments

• 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    I'm on vacation for a week starting sat.  might be a great time to call it.  Time of death 5/29/21
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    2020KC said:
    I'm on vacation for a week starting sat.  might be a great time to call it.  Time of death 5/29/21
    Let’s not be hasty.  Glu has a high resuscitation rate.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    whynot said:
    2020KC said:
    Let’s not be hasty.  Glu has a high resuscitation rate.
    They really do... so sad.
    Just no.  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    The boxes aren't bad per se, but it's definitely stale for me. I can't level up primes and the bxp guys are all inferior to my keepers so I'm definitely not chasing. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Worst boxes? This week’s POTW. They don’t exist yet. Seriously, how difficult is it to pick 2 or 3 players who had a good week. It’s not like glu ever show a great understanding of baseball and it’s a complex decision for them. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited June 2021
    Worst boxes? This week’s POTW. They don’t exist yet. Seriously, how difficult is it to pick 2 or 3 players who had a good week. It’s not like glu ever show a great understanding of baseball and it’s a complex decision for them. 
    Yesterday was a holiday(Memorial day). MLB chooses the players of the week and they close on holidays. As of this writing, the winners haven’t been announced.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Don’t they go with the actual MLB players of the week?
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Oh right. Never heard that over here. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I’m surprised there are still players anticipating waiting for the release of potw. I remember when that was fun and potw held some value 
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    I always treated this thread as another @drsmartassphd complaint rant, but this week's boxes compelled me to join in.  No reason at all to spend gold.  Play 5 rounds of WOH to hit daily challenge and shut the app down.

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited June 2021
    xracman said:
    I always treated this thread as another @drsmartassphd complaint rant, but this week's boxes compelled me to join in.  No reason at all to spend gold.  Play 5 rounds of WOH to hit daily challenge and shut the app down.

Wish I read this before buying. Grisham would have been nice. Bxp in 8 of 10, 1 (junk) player and pxp. 

...and now I'm totally on board with just shutting it down because, after spending 10s of thousands of gold on my team for three months, the game won't let maxed Prime Arenado with 22 percent boosts beat something called Wade Miley in 2.10 of warmup. I mean, WTF? I don't expect to cycle HOF 10 times but I'd think my team is good enough to beat clearly inferior players consistently. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    xracman said:

Hey now, all of my complaints are well thought out and legit.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    When the only player in the box worth leveling is sub 1% odds and only 1% of the game can actually level these guys regularly, kind seems like anything released right now is the worst box. But hey we got PXP in woh so they heard us! 

Two boxes.. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    edited June 2021
    When the only player in the box worth leveling is sub 1% odds and only 1% of the game can actually level these guys regularly, kind seems like anything released right now is the worst box. But hey we got PXP in woh so they heard us! 
    Honestly idk if they actually “heard us” or if we are just to the stage of them releasing grip on pxp a little. 
    400s around the corner and then probably 430 legends… so probably didn’t hear 👂 us. 
    OK this has to be the worst box ever 😂😂😂 

Cooz19 said:

No no see you are looking 👀  at it all wrong it’s a 250 box… so they see it as a 1% chance for 500 gold

🙄
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Cooz19 said:

I don't know man... that is the exact kind of odds I would use for a gift to my "best friend." There is a 96% chance that this box will give you something from the lost and found bin at my job. What, don't ya feel the love "best friend." 🙄🙄
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Yeah the current boxes have zapped my interest.  I have left my club public in case @dkarski87 or anyone else wants to help.  Thanks bro!  ❤️ 
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Six boxes of bonus players for events today. Six again tomorrow.

Anyone else also notice they removed the cash player on the weekend now? LOLOLOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    The engagement theory didn't work great for me today.   Logged on for the first time since Sunday evening and had 24 boxes worth of gifts, got bxp on 22 of them and pxp on the other two.   Wasnt sure what the odds were but i guess it makes sense given the picture above. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @Mattattack probably helps that not a single box all week had more than a 26% chance at ANY player let alone one that is remotely rosterable for anyone playing more than a week. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    The odds are horrible on every single box that has been released since pxp was added. Basically 80-95% chance of nothing but XP.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    JTANDME said:
    @Mattattack probably helps that not a single box all week had more than a 26% chance at ANY player let alone one that is remotely rosterable for anyone playing more than a week. 
    yeah i was surprised until i checked the odds and then looked in the store and saw 4 boxes and got more confused but realized it was a sign to just log off.
  • LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    The engagement theory didn't work great for me today.   Logged on for the first time since Sunday evening and had 24 boxes worth of gifts, got bxp on 22 of them and pxp on the other two.   Wasnt sure what the odds were but i guess it makes sense given the picture above. 
    Uh oh don’t tell me that! I haven’t played since last Friday in protest of getting screwed over the POTM boxes. I wanted to test the theory that your odds increase if you don’t log in every day. I was going to wait until tomorrow or Saturday. If I still pull garbage then I may just take the rest of the month off. I have played daily for the last 5 years and so it was weird to not log in all week, but you know what? I actually found other uses for my time and just spent my money elsewhere this week (thank you Amazon). 
    JTANDME said:
    yeah i was surprised until i checked the odds and then looked in the store and saw 4 boxes and got more confused but realized it was a sign to just log off.
    I've never gotten close to the pity timer, but I'm at 11 of 14 and I'm wondering how the odds would be distributed on that 14th box. Not spending 1,200 to find out though. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    JTANDME said:
    I've never gotten close to the pity timer, but I'm at 11 of 14 and I'm wondering how the odds would be distributed on that 14th box. Not spending 1,200 to find out though. 
    I can only base it off the gift boxes I e gotten In the passed when the pity time messed up. Generally the top 2 prizes have very minimal increase, I’d guess maybe .2% for the prime and maybe a percent for the 340s. It’s a guess but the guarantee is not spread over everyone. It’s an increase but a very nominal one. 
    I can only base it off the gift boxes I e gotten In the passed when the pity time messed up. Generally the top 2 prizes have very minimal increase, I’d guess maybe .2% for the prime and maybe a percent for the 340s. It’s a guess but the guarantee is not spread over everyone. It’s an increase but a very nominal one. 
    I got a 330 on a freebie, which reset it, so...I pretty much lost anyway. 
    Cooz19 said:
    JTANDME said:
    I can’t speak to this year because I’ve barely played but in my experience Is hitting the pity timer has almost always meant the lowest player possible.   When I get resets before that I have had much better luck and my hopes are a lot higher 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Opened up somewhere around 50 boxes or so...and all prime or blue XP.