WoH for 6-14-21: Flag Day!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Shaw works out nicely for me and will be a nice upgrade. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Still no primes in WOH, boring.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I still have a non xfactor Ruiz in that spot so yeah an upgrade for me, I’m going at least for 12 today.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I have Keeper Chipper so this one is a wash.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Liked him for a 3b upgrade too, though Rio Ruiz has been a solid player for me. Zipped through level 1 and decided to open 2 free Flag Day boxes and bam 400 3b Moncada. Don’t ❤️ his skills combo, but have plenty of PXP #silverlife and figure switch hitting plus high rating (for now haha) equals nice run with him. You can’t always get what you want, but you can try sometime and ya just might find Glu gives ya what ya need 🤔🤣😜
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited June 2021
    Liked him for a 3b upgrade too, though Rio Ruiz has been a solid player for me. Zipped through level 1 and decided to open 2 free Flag Day boxes and bam 400 3b Moncada. Don’t ❤️ his skills combo, but have plenty of PXP #silverlife and figure switch hitting plus high rating (for now haha) equals nice run with him. You can’t always get what you want, but you can try sometime and ya just might find Glu gives ya what ya need 🤔🤣😜
    I have Arenado and Ruiz. Neither have been great (Arenado is Miley's b1tch on 2.10 somehow). Still need a big R bat, and am debating leveling Kiner-Falefa, but just got Meadows -- a better WOH option than Marte -- so probably need to just invest in both and push back plans to move to gold. 
    EDIT: nevermind, just got Polanco. 
    Where is Santiago Espinol?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Where is Santiago Espinol?
    'Pro' tower.
    @Cooz19 don’t know Arenado version, but seems using a keeper or MyLegend on 2.10 is best bet at this stage in game. Just might just be dose of evil AI popping up on random levels & pitchers week to week. 
    When stuck, I take a pitch or two and swing super early or super late, basically polar opposite of previous attempts. Sometimes slow is fast and fast is slow, play em’ manual a thousand times and you’ll eventually know, even if evil AI rears its biatchy head
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited June 2021
    @Thunderstormer ML is a switch hitter w Vs R skill at 8%, leveled to S10. He can't beat any 8-10 pitcher in WOH. I haven't beat woh yet this year, and not for a lack of effort. I've been told repeatedly it's because the level I'm at makes it extremely difficult to beat. I'll usually get to 5.10 a few times but I'm never coming close. 

Just played five rounds, Polanco lost 3 times at 2.8, and I had two random autoplay losses. Do silver teams ever beat this? 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited June 2021
    Why would they put a prime 3b in the Monday box along with a 3b as woh reward? I need neither…. But.. 🤡 🙄
    You gotta wonder if they even try to think 🤔 things through… have a plan 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Why would they put a prime 3b in the Monday box along with a 3b as woh reward? I need neither…. But.. 🤡 🙄

This has been their pattern all year. Sometimes 3-4 players at the same position, all are bonus players too in different sets. Inevitable when you are overloading the customer with players for greed.

This has been their pattern all year. Sometimes 3-4 players at the same position, all are bonus players too in different sets. Inevitable when you are overloading the customer with players for greed.
    Right… I forgot to add that it’s been a pattern all year. Just trying to understand I know with a zillion players released daily it must be difficult… but same position players as “top prizes” seems like they have 0 plan no thought put in. 
    Retarded 
  • DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts

Right… I forgot to add that it’s been a pattern all year. Just trying to understand I know with a zillion players released daily it must be difficult… but same position players as “top prizes” seems like they have 0 plan no thought put in. 
    Retarded 
    I believe they are trying to squeeze every last cent out of customers before EA officially takes over ?? Heard was supposed to be in summer when EA announcement was released that they bought Glu . Really wonder if anything going to change or EA just gonna milk the cash cow (customers) further ?
    EA will rip off whoever is willing to be ripped off even more. So that would be the rainbow brigade. They can have it.

Speaking of sets… Who and where is Tomas Nido?

FR.
    DFBB said:

FR.
    FR. still don’t understand. Not chasing but confused nonetheless Thx 
    Fan Rewards at 5k gold spent.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:

LOL. Now why lie like that?

dkarski87 said:
    Thank you… Guess it’s like most things and cost is higher than reward for set 🤣
    DirectFX said:

Retarded 
    I believe they are trying to squeeze every last cent out of customers before EA officially takes over ?? Heard was supposed to be in summer when EA announcement was released that they bought Glu . Really wonder if anything going to change or EA just gonna milk the cash cow (customers) further ?
    I don’t think anything will change unfortunately. 😕 They just have deeper pockets… deeper pockets to fill. 
    Hopefully they own more rights to release players glu has not been able to. 
    dkarski87 said:
    Thank you… Guess it’s like most things and cost is higher than reward for set 🤣

That, and it is a small miracle if you get it on the first 5K spent.

its 50% to get him on the first go around.
    – The Great Houmy
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I just wish the Fan Reward guy mattered more (beyond Bonus sets). Was in 19 or maybe way back to 18 when 20k was a BXP guy who was the same rank ad a high level prime or low level legend? Then a legend at 25-30k. 

My favorite was still the signature legends at I think 30k on tsb17. God I’ve been playing this game too long 🤦‍♂️.
    Agree Cubbies,  it just shows how out of touch they are with there own game.
    – The Great Houmy
    I just wish the Fan Reward guy mattered more (beyond Bonus sets). Was in 19 or maybe way back to 18 when 20k was a BXP guy who was the same rank ad a high level prime or low level legend? Then a legend at 25-30k. 

My favorite was still the signature legends at I think 30k on tsb17. God I’ve been playing this game too long 🤦‍♂️.
    It was in '18. They were slightly below the primes, but he was pretty good. In late '18, I went diamond and Kris Davis(2x vs rhp) was a 515 bxp guy I believe, at the 5k(possibly 10k) tier. I believe the max on primes at that time was 520. My first WoH in diamond in '18 was on 2-18-19. I used that 515 max davis to beat a 520 max LL Verlander(level 5) and the reward was a 500 max legend Damon, as well as 12.5k lxp, 20k pxp, and a woh box that included all of the atgs and other top shelf players. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Stop @DFBB you are making me sad lol
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    DFBB said:

It was in '18. They were slightly below the primes, but he was pretty good. In late '18, I went diamond and Kris Davis(2x vs rhp) was a 515 bxp guy I believe, at the 5k(possibly 10k) tier. I believe the max on primes at that time was 520. My first WoH in diamond in '18 was on 2-18-19. I used that 515 max davis to beat a 520 max LL Verlander(level 5) and the reward was a 500 max legend Damon, as well as 12.5k lxp, 20k pxp, and a woh box that included all of the atgs and other top shelf players. 
    All I read there was, the effort was worth it! I would bust my @55 on WOH days when the reward was worth it. 

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN - glory days  stand on it - Amazoncom Music
    edited June 2021
    I remember when it used to be debated on here about which year was the best 🤔 it’s funny because it’s not even debatable. Obviously 18..and I think most have come to realize that. You can list everything you hated about 18 and it’s literally a drop in a bucket in comparison to what’s wrong with today’s game.  No more trying to sugar coat like over past couple years.Despite  the woh rewards being far less superior those would persist the game was somehow better 😂 and overall with a lesser rewards for fan rewards was somehow better too 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣 
    My memory is terrible but I remember some things.