Woh in 6-21-21: bump in the wrong place

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Bxp reward is now a 360, but the pxp cycle rewards remain unchanged. Bummer. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Figures.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    With 8 or 10 primes to level this week, I don't see the harm in letting us have at least a little bit of pxp...
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    There’s only 1 360 player in each box as well. The rest are 340 and 330. Beyond worthless there. They are pushing it to where you obviously need primes to score, but still no way to get actual large amounts of pxp beyond spending an arm and a leg. Really need to change that. Can’t do anything with just just bxp guys anymore. 
  • RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    What a waste.  Why ruin the player by giving him tie game skill.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Because they're intentionally diluting the value of the reward so the few players offered in the box that have good value look much more appealing. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    edited June 2021
    This is disappointing. Not surprising though. 
    I had a really good weekend, spent gold and money felt like I had a good return and had fun playing this weekend. Today was the exact opposite. Not gonna get Into it, but hopefully what glu learns is “pulling players = fun and more engaging”. When you get nothing and feel awful..well obviously is the opposite, people are mad and now I go back Into hiding. Atleast it was a fun 3 days before I got pissed off again. Only myself to blame. @CanadaCubs was right, my profile pick told me not to trust the boxes and I did anyway. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I had a really good weekend, spent gold and money felt like I had a good return and had fun playing this weekend. Today was the exact opposite. Not gonna get Into it, but hopefully what glu learns is “pulling players = fun and more engaging”. When you get nothing and feel awful..well obviously is the opposite, people are mad and now I go back Into hiding. Atleast it was a fun 3 days before I got pissed off again. Only myself to blame. @CanadaCubs was right, my profile pick told me not to trust the boxes and I did anyway. 
    It's the mild bait-and-switch the game always pulls. Whenever you reach whatever threshold, you either get an odds-defying run of top-end players, or you pull only the bare minimum to satisfy the pity timer (remember when there wasn't even that?). At least you scored big this weekend. It allowed me to get DeGrom at like 8 p.m. ET Sunday, thus negating most of his appeal, and likely the result of me having well over 100k pxp. I won't get another every-game Prime player until I have less than 5k pxp or when my 380s are all past usefulness (probably about two weeks at the pace we're on). 
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Agree.  I pulled Trout on my VIP early and decided to get my first FP of the year and spend gold because I'm a Met fan and wanted Lindor or DeGrom.  Ending up pulling Devers as second prime of the weekend, and since I'm sticking at Gold was able to level both.

Flip over to my F2P where I also pulled Trout early and leveld him.  Looking back, that was probably the last box I was able to open.

Going to be interesting how they comp us.  32 boxes for me, but there was also impact to our clubs.
    Cooz19 said:
    It's the mild bait-and-switch the game always pulls. Whenever you reach whatever threshold, you either get an odds-defying run of top-end players, or you pull only the bare minimum to satisfy the pity timer (remember when there wasn't even that?). At least you scored big this weekend. It allowed me to get DeGrom at like 8 p.m. ET Sunday, thus negating most of his appeal, and likely the result of me having well over 100k pxp. I won't get another every-game Prime player until I have less than 5k pxp or when my 380s are all past usefulness (probably about two weeks at the pace we're on). 
    I mean I still spent a good amount but I had a good return. Took me 20k to get my first prime , Devers who was my main target. Ended up pulling Trout within the next 15k. I got Lindor from the gift and since I had pxp stacked and bought field passes I chased Degrom. In the end I was 70k gold plus field passes in and had 4 primes. Thought the weekend I D9 to D10 repelled devers, trout and Degrom. Plus had 2 more d10 repulls. Today it took me almost the same amount of gold for 1 prime. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    The Woh player has rarely been someone used for team building the last 2+ years.   He's merely a tool to generate XP and points and then you dump him in 2 days.   The skills on them aren't really relevant.
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Anybody know the pitchers on level 3 pop-up WOH today???
    Thought it was a Royale/HOF lvl 5, but it appears new to me at least. 
    Thanks in advance for any assistance…
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Last 4 are all lefties. 
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Oops just realized WOH & PayoffPitch are 5 levels today… me burnt like toast. Also, isn’t it typical Glu to scratch box reward for lousy hitter reward. They can’t even manage to offer a pitcher reward in a pitching game😝