When you know better and still do it

2Next

Comments

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited June 2021
    DFBB said:

19 first legends were this guy and Fisk I think. Whatever 123 at bronze is 430? 
    In case you didn't know. 123 x 3.66=450.
    Tks buddy 👊🏻 I failed math 🤪

note: 430s must have been 18 memory blurred together 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    just wait for cvc @Cooz19 lol
    I want this box to go away...forever...
  • khuntkhunt Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    @RainOnMyParade sincerely sorry to hear those stories. I’ve done it many times myself and feel bad when it happens to anyone. 

It’s my opinion this sort of thing should never happen. If you spend/buy enough boxes you should eventually get the top prize. I’m not saying it stood be cheap but at .8% odds, for the amount of boxes you opened he should have bee. Guranteed at like 120 boxes 
    Not to be rude mate but you might want to read up on probabilities and in particular, the law of large numbers.

You're right in saying if you buy enough boxes you should eventually get the top prize, but what figure is 'enough' exactly?

Adding more opportunities (boxes) increases a player’s chance of a win, but does not allow them to beat the odds.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    khunt said:
    @RainOnMyParade sincerely sorry to hear those stories. I’ve done it many times myself and feel bad when it happens to anyone. 

It’s my opinion this sort of thing should never happen. If you spend/buy enough boxes you should eventually get the top prize. I’m not saying it stood be cheap but at .8% odds, for the amount of boxes you opened he should have bee. Guranteed at like 120 boxes 
    Not to be rude mate but you might want to read up on probabilities and in particular, the law of large numbers.

You're right in saying if you buy enough boxes you should eventually get the top prize, but what figure is 'enough' exactly?

Adding more opportunities (boxes) increases a player’s chance of a win, but does not allow them to beat the odds.
    I definitely understand how it works. What I’m saying is there should be a guarantee, just like there is right now but it should be for the top prize. Instead of having a gurantee on your 14th box land it almost always being a 330 or 340 worthless player, there should be a guarantee for the top prize. Just using it as an example but if the prime is 1% odds, you should be guranteed a prime On the 100th box you open. I understand how it works currently. I’m saying the game should adapt. They have the ability to make the top priZe a guarantee they just haven’t yet. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    khunt said:

I definitely understand how it works. What I’m saying is there should be a guarantee, just like there is right now but it should be for the top prize. Instead of having a gurantee on your 14th box land it almost always being a 330 or 340 worthless player, there should be a guarantee for the top prize. Just using it as an example but if the prime is 1% odds, you should be guranteed a prime On the 100th box you open. I understand how it works currently. I’m saying the game should adapt. They have the ability to make the top priZe a guarantee they just haven’t yet. 
    This is from their newsletter at the introduction of the pity timer:

“MYSTERY BOX GUARANTEES: We know that it can sometimes be stressful to open a box.  So now, with select mystery boxes, we've included a gauge indicating how many you've opened.  Look at the screenshot above for example. If you haven't gotten the coolest thing in that Mystery Box going on your 10th open, you should be guaranteed to pull that elusive reward right then and there!  If you're lucky and happen to pull that reward before 10 box openings, the gauge will reset!  Keep in mind that this is a very specific example, and we will have boxes in the future with varying amounts before a specific prize is guaranteed.”

So the “coolest thing in that Mystery Box” and the “guaranteed to pull that elusive reward” quickly changed into dog 💩 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yea when they did it that one that with those SRs and SPs, that's exactly how it should work. 100 box counter on the box. So atleast there is some light at the end of the tunnel. You should get the prime/legend at the end of the counter. Not the worst player in the box which you get 95% of the time.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    tshea510 said:
    khunt said:

This is from their newsletter at the introduction of the pity timer:

“MYSTERY BOX GUARANTEES: We know that it can sometimes be stressful to open a box.  So now, with select mystery boxes, we've included a gauge indicating how many you've opened.  Look at the screenshot above for example. If you haven't gotten the coolest thing in that Mystery Box going on your 10th open, you should be guaranteed to pull that elusive reward right then and there!  If you're lucky and happen to pull that reward before 10 box openings, the gauge will reset!  Keep in mind that this is a very specific example, and we will have boxes in the future with varying amounts before a specific prize is guaranteed.”

So the “coolest thing in that Mystery Box” and the “guaranteed to pull that elusive reward” quickly changed into dog 💩 
    Yeah I don’t think the guarantee works exactly how we all imagined it. Right now it guarantees you the worst or 2nd worst player in the box basically. Certainly not the “elusive” award. Like DK said, they’ve done it before last year with the 100 box guarantee and even the Davey box to end the year(I get it was the end of the season). But it shows they can do it. I still would prefer to see a higher guarantee box count as long as it guarantees the top prize. If it’s .5% odds and it’s a 200 box guarantee then so be it. 
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    xracman said:
    I got him from a free box.  I was surprised because last week I was on a roll (Moncado, Polanco, Goldschmidt, Trout, Devers,,,)  so I expected to be put into a timeout.  But pulled Yaz, Wendle and Donaldson.  I'm sure my run is over now.

And I am not a big spender, bought FP for first time because I pulled Trout early on Friday, never spend on the big ticket specials.
    Do the trick is to not spend? No wonder I’ve been getting shafted, time to try this strategy out! 😂 
  • khuntkhunt Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    khunt said:

My apologies mate, I thought you meant mathematically speaking. 
    khunt said:
    khunt said:

My apologies mate, I thought you meant mathematically speaking. 
    All good, I re read my post and I didn’t mean for it to come off combative. 
  • ssfrannyssfranny Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    xracman said:
    I got him from a free box.  I was surprised because last week I was on a roll (Moncado, Polanco, Goldschmidt, Trout, Devers,,,)  so I expected to be put into a timeout.  But pulled Yaz, Wendle and Donaldson.  I'm sure my run is over now.

And I am not a big spender, bought FP for first time because I pulled Trout early on Friday, never spend on the big ticket specials.
    Do the trick is to not spend? No wonder I’ve been getting shafted, time to try this strategy out! 😂 
    Yeah the Pitchers Predicament boxes were horrible.  Now we see boxes with 13 and 15 counters so once you get to box 8 you know gonna have to get to last one to pull someone.  What happened last week when got Trout and did get Judge on 15th counter.   Yaz never tried to get him you know the odds are worse than listed if a 250 gold box.   I bought the Wander package twice finally got now only a prime bonus.    I wish theyd make the boxes more expensive and do smaller counters.    Last weekend I had most of the bonus players but spent a lot.  Im sick of spending of crappy box odds.   This weekend its friggin Kimbrel I keep getting.
  • ssfrannyssfranny Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    And I agree they need to have Foil player a quarantee after a number of boxes but prob wont happen
  • MoenPOSMoenPOS Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    MoenPOS said:
    I find it odd that when I pull the top guy during any given week, I can never gets one the next week. I always get every other reward regardless of how many boxes are opened. And I usually get him on the first few. Coincidence? maybe. Something screwy? More likely than not
    Funny how things work out. After pulling Y Diaz earlier in the week, decided I wasn’t gonna even reach the 3 FR boxes level. Lo and behold I pulled Judge, Bryant and Albies all from free boxes over the weekend!!! 🤷🏼‍♂️ I’m so confused...