TSB skill tiers are coming!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev13

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    so another cash grab im guessing...
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Is it me or is the game just getting more complicated and messy all the time? It especially has over the last couple seasons. I’m not saying it’s all bad but I think that’s what I used to love about the game the simplicity of open boxes.. build team…score bonus points. Unlike madden mobile which is ridiculous mess that should come with an instruction manual. Which seems to be the direction we’re headed. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    so another cash grab im guessing...
    Certain players will have skills that guy higher than the normal 20, so likely will cost more. But as far as what players have that, I guess we will see. 
    so another cash grab, lol. That barrel roll is alot of fun, played it this morning for a few hours. But, if playing for pts and rank, its yet another gold dump.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    so another cash grab, lol. That barrel roll is alot of fun, played it this morning for a few hours. But, if playing for pts and rank, its yet another gold dump.
    I was curious on what you spent. I saw you up there. I was content with my one attempt and the 4K pxp. I also didn’t understand it until after I beat it. 
    i spent about 3-4k gold on it, there is some strategy involved in it.  Its alot of fun tho, since I enjoy WOH so its def something I will play. But its basically another way to spend $ and gold. lol
    – The Great Houmy
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Gdkarski87 said:
    i spent about 3-4k gold on it, there is some strategy involved in it.  Its alot of fun tho, since I enjoy WOH so its def something I will play. But its basically another way to spend $ and gold. lol
    I haven’t updated yet, afraid to. Waiting to hear horror stories. And I can’t remove th “G” from in front of your name 😂
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Is it me or is the game just getting more complicated and messy all the time? It especially has over the last couple seasons. I’m not saying it’s all bad but I think that’s what I used to love about the game the simplicity of open boxes.. build team…score bonus points. Unlike madden mobile which is ridiculous mess that should come with an instruction manual. Which seems to be the direction we’re headed. 
    Yes! The madden analogy is very fitting here. If you played Madden in its glory years and watched it become the game it is today, you'd see the resemblance. This is the reason I quit madden, and subsequently Nhl
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    Yes! The madden analogy is very fitting here. If you played Madden in its glory years and watched it become the game it is today, you'd see the resemblance. This is the reason I quit madden, and subsequently Nhl
    I think this is video games In general for me. I used to buy every sports game on the market. Now, it’s all too complicated. 
    I think this is video games In general for me. I used to buy every sports game on the market. Now, it’s all too complicated. 
    I dont get that feeling with The Show. It seems everything is within my reach without spending a mortgage payment 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Right! My son still plays madden and that’s kinda his game and this one mine. He’s all the time trying to get me to play more often and I hate that I can’t enjoy it with him but there’s just to many moving parts for me and feels exhausting. I’m old 😂 🍻 
    Right! My son still plays madden and that’s kinda his game and this one mine. He’s all the time trying to get me to play more often and I hate that I can’t enjoy it with him but there’s just to many moving parts for me and feels exhausting. I’m old 😂 🍻 
    I'm starting to put the pieces together here. Were just old and becoming obsolete in the modern era.  I'm 37...sub prime😂
    they updated.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited June 2021
    Looks like these skills (hitter and pitcher) all have at least 0.1 percent boost added per level, plus an added increase to advance new levels: 

Late
    Close (1.2%)
    Vs. L
    RISP
    2-out (1.2%)

Cost to level is much lower too at least 1-9. Glad I just dropped a bunch of pxp boosting guys from 8 to 9. 🤬

• rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    Wow…this a really bad deal for teams that spent PXP on skills for keepers before the update. You can now take players skills to level 14 without using PXP. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    rmouse511 said:
    Wow…this a really bad deal for teams that spent PXP on skills for keepers before the update. You can now take players skills to level 14 without using PXP. 
    I'm in this situation, but I didn't mind it. I've had my keeper skills leveled for a long time and there's a lot of value in that as opposed to waiting and waiting. Anyways, this changes so much. '1st pitch' is no longer the undisputed king. 'Late inning' is now the king of woh, but is terrible for other modes. Love it!
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Yeah, I used PXP for skills but only on my keepers. And really only maxed one of them. So I’ll save on the other and on my legend. It still sucks because I used PXP and at this rate, legends will be out before I can cap a prime player. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @DFBB what changed with 1st pitch to make it less valuable?
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    It kept it's 1% per skill level whereas late innings is 1.1% per skill level. For example, a level 10 first pitch is 10%. A level 10 late innings is 11%.
    Ah okay, that's kinda cool. I'm waiting to see how much it costs to level skills on higher tiered ones before I decide if I like this or not lol.
    edited June 2021
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Ah okay, that's kinda cool. I'm waiting to see how much it costs to level skills on higher tiered ones before I decide if I like this or not lol.
    With quick level, you can see all the costs. You can go 20/20 w/o any gold. Yeah man. it actually adds some decent strategy to the game. I have a bit of pxp that I had saved to maybe level a dude this weekend, but now, I don't know...I'm such a sucker for skills. hah
    Yeah, totally! If you have a 360 bxp guy with 20/20 skills, he might be just as good (or almost) as a 400 prime with 14/14 skills. Those skills really matter.
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    I never knew you could see the cost for skills using quick level. This is the total cost to reach level 20 with a 40% discount (small and medium FP).

DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    It kept it's 1% per skill level whereas late innings is 1.1% per skill level. For example, a level 10 first pitch is 10%. A level 10 late innings is 11%.
    This is true but part of the strategy is, how high would you take late innings be 1st pitch since it is active so much less than 1st pitch. Really depends On how you play I think. But I do like some skills got better boosts than others, makes them more valuable. I will add those they could make 2 out skill a level 100 boost and I don’t think I’d level it lol. 
    DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    This is true but part of the strategy is, how high would you take late innings be 1st pitch since it is active so much less than 1st pitch. Really depends On how you play I think
    Right and that's the part i LOVE!
    DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Because it goes to 11...
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Yeah, totally! If you have a 360 bxp guy with 20/20 skills, he might be just as good (or almost) as a 400 prime with 14/14 skills. Those skills really matter.
    The current 400s have a hit of 465 at d10. If 14/14 skills, it would be 465(1.14)(1.14)=605 hit.

The current 360s are at a hit of 399(i think) at d10. If 20/20, it would be 399(1.2)(1.2)=575 hit.

It's not quite as good, but it's not that far off and when you consider cost, it's not terrible. Personally, I wouldn't go higher than 14/14 on bxp guys, but I can definitely see how it may make sense for some. 
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    This is just exhausting now.  I get that there are hardcore players who love doing the math to calculate all the options, but for a casual player, it's getting out of hand. 
    xracman said:
    This is just exhausting now.  I get that there are hardcore players who love doing the math to calculate all the options, but for a casual player, it's getting out of hand. 
    That's fair, but I think most casual players won't be exhausting all their options and often, they'll simply ask around rather than work things out for themselves. 
    xracman said:
    For a casual but involved player, the bottom line is your team just got better, and by and large, getting current and new players better now costs a little less. Odds are you have guys who have some of the skills that got boosted. I think the strategy is going to match your style of play naturally. If you're all-in, you're gonna really dig into it. If you aren't, it's pretty clear what the benefits would be to level this guy with better skills vs that guy who doesn't have them.