TSB skill tiers are coming!

Comments

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    my only real gripe with it is, the top player who has .2% and .5% odds is the only one who gets the tier 3 skills. This would be understandable if the regular primes were easy to get, but they aren’t. So it just further separates the top tier player from everyone else. Foils already are week long bonus players but now they also have the higher skills. This is problematic as we continue the season as we still are starved for PXP and soon will be for LXP. Besides money, I don’t understand how they thing this further engages players. If all primes or all legends have tier 3 that would make more sense, not just the .2 and .5 % unicorns. 
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    wow, just got screwed out of a ton of pxp from previously upgraded Keeper skills. 

when they make a change this impactful, they should have reset skills to 0 and refunded what we'd already paid. we did get some use out of those skills though, so 50% refund? 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I’m not sure I’m understanding or I’m just not awake yet 🤨.? How do you know what skills have a better boost? Do they all max at 20/20? But some have a better boost? Sorry 😞 I don’t get it 
  • DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts
    I’m not sure I’m understanding or I’m just not awake yet 🤨.? How do you know what skills have a better boost? Do they all max at 20/20? But some have a better boost? Sorry 😞 I don’t get it 
    Just go to level a player then check skills it’s either the same 1.0% boost or increased boost when it’s not a whole number(ex 1.1,1.5 etc ) Just look for the skills that have decimal points and you know real quick it will be better boost . 
    DirectFX said:
    Just go to level a player then check skills it’s either the same 1.0% boost or increased boost when it’s not a whole number(ex 1.1,1.5 etc ) Just look for the skills that have decimal points and you know real quick it will be better boost . 
    Thank you..👍🏻 I figured it out about an hour ago once I had time to sit and look it over 
    Also wondering is this rotating thing as far as which skills are boosted? Assuming they will probably change 🤷🏻‍♂️ But of course no one wants a boosted 2 out skill. Or to invest in a skill only for it to lose its boost. 
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    Can’t wait for the skill chart updates!
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Is it me or is the game just getting more complicated and messy all the time? It especially has over the last couple seasons. I’m not saying it’s all bad but I think that’s what I used to love about the game the simplicity of open boxes.. build team…score bonus points. Unlike madden mobile which is ridiculous mess that should come with an instruction manual. Which seems to be the direction we’re headed. 
    Yes! The madden analogy is very fitting here. If you played Madden in its glory years and watched it become the game it is today, you'd see the resemblance. This is the reason I quit madden, and subsequently Nhl
    I think this is video games In general for me. I used to buy every sports game on the market. Now, it’s all too complicated. 
    I dont get that feeling with The Show. It seems everything is within my reach without spending a mortgage payment 
    Yea after playing the Show this year for the first time I dont see myself going back.   Things definitely feel within reach and there's market strategy based on how players perform in real life which I really dig.   Also if there's a player you really want he has a price you can work towards instead of "needing to open an x number for an ok shot at him."  
    One thing I have noticed about the new skill configuration cost is blue cash is gonna be a little more valuable. I’ve used 2.3 mil blue cash leveling players so far this weekend. I suppose fp would have reduced a lot but… meh 😑 
    Probably gonna have to be a little more selective going forward 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @DFBB what changed with 1st pitch to make it less valuable?
    It kept it's 1% per skill level whereas late innings is 1.1% per skill level. For example, a level 10 first pitch is 10%. A level 10 late innings is 11%.
    This is true but part of the strategy is, how high would you take late innings be 1st pitch since it is active so much less than 1st pitch. Really depends On how you play I think
    Right and that's the part i LOVE!
    They have made the game a little more inclusive for everyone by doing this, definitely a positive step forward.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Well maybe someone can explain this to me better. The skills themselves are not "tiered" the players are. So for example, Jesse Winker its a Tier 3 player, his skills can go up to lv30. His Blowout and Hot Hitter are the same skills that can be found on other players that can only go up too lv20. So the whole idea that the skills are tired is False, they specific players are. So basically you can assume that ATGs will be lv30 and 40s, and then other players will be capped out at 20. So how is this tiered skills? They are specifically selecting players that can be levelled higher, it has nothing to do with their specific skills.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited June 2021
    dkarski87 said:
    Well maybe someone can explain this to me better. The skills themselves are not "tiered" the players are. So for example, Jesse Winker its a Tier 3 player, his skills can go up to lv30. His Blowout and Hot Hitter are the same skills that can be found on other players that can only go up too lv20. So the whole idea that the skills are tired is False, they specific players are. So basically you can assume that ATGs will be lv30 and 40s, and then other players will be capped out at 20. So how is this tiered skills? They are specifically selecting players that can be levelled higher, it has nothing to do with their specific skills.
    I'll prob make an FAQ on this, but to answer you specifically:

1)each skill will have a subjective tier. 
    2)the same skill can be a tier 2 or a tier 3. tier 2 skills cap out at 20 whereas tier 3 skills cap out at 30.
    3)the tiers of the skills will be indicated by the little triangles around the skill icons and it will also explicitly state it on their player card. For example, the skills on Winker have three little triangles around each of his skills and his card also states 'tier 3.'
    4)each skill will have a different multiplier. if you go through your list of players, you'll see certain skills will increase more than others for every point you put into it.
    5)as of now, only winker has tier 3 skills. afaik, they will limit these to foils early on and go from there. also, based on my understanding, tier 3 is the max(there is no tier 4). 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    fatDaddy said:
    wow, just got screwed out of a ton of pxp from previously upgraded Keeper skills. 

when they make a change this impactful, they should have reset skills to 0 and refunded what we'd already paid. we did get some use out of those skills though, so 50% refund? 
    I can’t believe more people aren’t upset about this. This is what has me frustrated. They just change the skill leveling and we lose everything we put into them? I used approximately 120,000 pxp between My Legend and keepers skills plus whatever it took in blue xp. This isn’t right. 

Is there any indication they plan on reimbursing us? Silly question I know.
    fatDaddy said:

I can’t believe more people aren’t upset about this. This is what has me frustrated. They just change the skill leveling and we lose everything we put into them? I used approximately 120,000 pxp between My Legend and keepers skills plus whatever it took in blue xp. This isn’t right. 

My understanding is no. While I definitely understand the concern, I as well “lost” pxp on some of my keepers I think in the long run it will even out though. Because now to get to level 20 it requires no gold or Legend XP. I think down the road it will even out and you likely will be ahead because of that. I know it’s not the thing most probably want to hear but I truthfully think long term it is more beneficial for the players.  Even if you get a guy. You can get to skill level 23 without gold or LXP. 
    fatDaddy said:

To recap:

Old cost through level 12: 85k cash, 35 evo, 25.5k blue xp, 40k pxp
    New cost through level 12: 215k cash, 5 evo, 54k bxp, 0 pxp.

Obviously, the pxp portion has guys up in arms. I did my keeper/ML skills early because there's a lot of value in being able to use skills asap as opposed to waiting and waiting. I understand the idea of losing perceived value, but I definitely don't feel cheated because it was fun to have those skills leveled. On top of that, the game progresses in a way that doing anything 'now' will always be more costly because everything becomes more readily available over time. For example, pxp will be kicked to the curb once legends are out and those that waited on their keeper skills will indirectly 'save' a lot of pxp. Fwiw, my opinion seems to be in the minority. I know that others see it differently and I've seen that both here and at other platforms. In any event, I haven't heard anything about any sort of reimbursement. 
    DFBB said:
    dkarski87 said:
    I'll prob make an FAQ on this, but to answer you specifically:

1)each skill will have a subjective tier. 
    2)the same skill can be a tier 2 or a tier 3. tier 2 skills cap out at 20 whereas tier 3 skills cap out at 30.
    3)the tiers of the skills will be indicated by the little triangles around the skill icons and it will also explicitly state it on their player card. For example, the skills on Winker have three little triangles around each of his skills and his card also states 'tier 3.'
    4)each skill will have a different multiplier. if you go through your list of players, you'll see certain skills will increase more than others for every point you put into it.
    5)as of now, only winker has tier 3 skills. afaik, they will limit these to foils early on and go from there. also, based on my understanding, tier 3 is the max(there is no tier 4). 

Thank you. Seems they might need to copy and paste this into the news section 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    One thing I have noticed about the new skill configuration cost is blue cash is gonna be a little more valuable. I’ve used 2.3 mil blue cash leveling players so far this weekend. I suppose fp would have reduced a lot but… meh 😑 
    It’s Bxp that is my problem. I could only take 3 Keeper bats to lvl 10 which left me with 43k Bxp. To take them to lvl 15, I need 1,512,000 Bxp, without FP. It would NEVER have costed that much with Pxp, so I’m not a fan of this quite yet. It’s interesting, but it’s a very well disguised money grab. I can’t even imagine taking a Keeper/Legend/ATG to 30/30. 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    tshea510 said:
    It’s Bxp that is my problem. I could only take 3 Keeper bats to lvl 10 which left me with 43k Bxp. To take them to lvl 15, I need 1,512,000 Bxp, without FP. It would NEVER have costed that much with Pxp, so I’m not a fan of this quite yet. It’s interesting, but it’s a very well disguised money grab. I can’t even imagine taking a Keeper/Legend/ATG to 30/30. 
    I think once legends come out(my guess is month and half or so) it will be much better. We will all have much more bxp and pxp which is all it takes to get to level 20 now. I see why initially it’s hard but truthfully I never invest much in skills until legends and ATGs anyway, but I think people will like it more once they stop starving us of pxp(unless you can afford to or want to buy a ton with cash from specials). 
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    edited June 2021
    So to clarify, the skills that end in decimal points are NOT tier 3 skills, just randomly boosted Tier 2 skills?

I hear you can upgrade Tier 2 skills to Tier 3 if you use the 4th finger on your left hand to tap out "EASTWOOD" in morse code during the bottom of the 7th inning of bonus games against any Diamondback teams. 

Cool!
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    One concern, since there is now a tier 3 (30/30) will Glu make WoH hero more difficult to compensate for higher skills and higher multipliers for less desirable skills?
    One concern, since there is now a tier 3 (30/30) will Glu make WoH hero more difficult to compensate for higher skills and higher multipliers for less desirable skills?
    I was actually thinking about this too. I’m not sure what they will do, but even after xfactors were introduced, they didn’t adjust WoH. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I never thought I'd say this- I dont even know how to play this game anymore.  
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I never thought I'd say this- I dont even know how to play this game anymore.  
    It’s still the same game, just fire up the auto tapper and go.  Oh yeah, be sure to sign over your first born too.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    done.
    edited June 2021
    ... nm
    – The Great Houmy
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    DFBB said:
    done.
    Nice job! At first glance at this new stuff, I was happy I didn’t take Keepers to 15. Now it’s going to cost me MUCH more, going to have to wait a very long time for 1.5 Mil of Bxp just sitting around collecting dust. Thanks for the chart.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    tshea510 said:
    Absolutely a money grab and always has been but the Game is a mess. Starting to pass me by I think along with other og’s. Or I’ll adapt to changes idk still playing 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    fatDaddy said:

I dropped 40k pxp boosting guys from 8 to 9 literally minutes before this was announced. I mean, I'm not gonna cry about it, but that's pretty brutal. 
    Its simialir to what happened last year with X-factors, they started selling new levels without giving notice and it devalued the previous ones, and what was worse is the day before they were selling them for $ for 19.99 each, then the next day the new ones came out making those 20$ purchases worth 25k cash instead of 500gold.
    – The Great Houmy
    edited June 2021
    dkarski87 said:
    Its simialir to what happened last year with X-factors, they started selling new levels without giving notice and it devalued the previous ones, and what was worse is the day before they were selling them for $ for 19.99 each, then the next day the new ones came out making those 20$ purchases worth 25k cash instead of 500gold.
    I still can't believe the xfactor thing....Anyways, they posted in the news on Thursday that skill costs will be updated(1st post of this thread).