Thoughts on Barrel House

DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
I took the plunge and did the latest update. Just wondering what people think of Barrel House.
Never fight a man with a perm
Prev1

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Did somebody say rigged Barrel House…..🤷🏻‍♂️
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I don’t quite understand how to score more points, but getting through it isn’t too difficult and there is PXP so I like it. I did notice that the first pitch skill on your player doesn’t appear active, but you can select it as a skill for the event. That seems a little odd. 
  • DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    Yeah, quite easy to get through. I didn't realise the rewards were one off so paid gold to do it again. I also thought scores accumulated, but it is just your high score that counts.
    Never fight a man with a perm
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    It’s like WOH on HGH. I like the strategy, and not sure about anyone else but I saw way more fastballs than a typical woh round — 104 mph fastballs, not that Lester BS. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited June 2021
    Just something else that they probably poured hundreds of man hours into developing that 99 percent people just play a couple quick rounds then forget about it (like EB).

It would be cool if playing more than once was actually worth it.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I like it. At the very least it’s relatively easy for a a nice little award. I was confused with the skills stuff as I don’t like to read directions lol. Now I know to stack certain skills so it gets more points. If you’re willing to spend some gold on re entries and shuffling skills seems like decent awards. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Base15 said:
    I don’t quite understand how to score more points, but getting through it isn’t too difficult and there is PXP so I like it. I did notice that the first pitch skill on your player doesn’t appear active, but you can select it as a skill for the event. That seems a little odd. 
    I messed with it a bit. First pitch doesn’t work at all and leadoff is always on……only @ the barrel house! 😂
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Barrel House... sounds like name of a skeezy dive bar to me.
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    I really appreciated knowing who the pitchers will be for each round as well as their stats and their handedness. Wish they had this feature for WOH.
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    fun and easy way to get a couple thousand pxp. I like it better than EB and seems to be quicker to get through than Payoff Pitch
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I honestly kinda enjoy it.  Especially since it saves your progress.  For someone that doesnt open the app a ton, its something cool and lowkey to do without worrying about time 
  • yingnarokyingnarok Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I would rather not spend 100 gold and not get more XP
  • yingnarokyingnarok Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Pretty cool for weekly do though 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    I’m not receiving any rewards for beating the levels. Took a resource screen shot before and after and exactly the same. None yesterday either and not sure have actually ever received any. 
    COWPILEY said:
    I’m not receiving any rewards for beating the levels. Took a resource screen shot before and after and exactly the same. None yesterday either and not sure have actually ever received any. 
    You only get the awards 1x a week. Not everyday. 
    edited June 2021
    Hmm. So the only reason to play more than once per week is to improve score ? Lol. Might be able to break into top 6000
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Anyone able to claim rewards for this? It says rewards are available, but I click and it does nothing. 
    Same here
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    LOL, i was excited to add this my daily routine (achievement videos, what ever is on the daily challenge ...)  Now no reason to play more than once a week.  Have they ever posted anything about how to score more points?
    xracman said:
    LOL, i was excited to add this my daily routine (achievement videos, what ever is on the daily challenge ...)  Now no reason to play more than once a week.  Have they ever posted anything about how to score more points?
    It’s all about the skills selection. After you complete a round you pick a boosted skill. The strategy(from what I gather) is you want to stack a skill so the boost is higher. HR count for more points that singles etc. The one thing I’m not sure on maybe someone can clarify, does the skill need to be active to get points? Like if I have lefty pitcher skill boosted to 20% but it’s not active do I get the boost to points still?
    xracman said:
    I just added a guide that was shared with me to the charts thread.
    sullipa8 said:
    Anyone able to claim rewards for this? It says rewards are available, but I click and it does nothing. 
    You should be able to collect now.
    I only got one level worth of XP and PXP meaning a few hundred of each. I beat all the levels many times so should have been thousands of each. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    its one time rewards
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    DFBB said:
    sullipa8 said:
    You should be able to collect now.
    I got it after the extra bases collection. Not sure if there was a bug just for this or if it was somehow tied to extra bases inadvertently. Either way, I got my reward now. 
    edited June 2021
    dkarski87 said:
    its one time rewards
    Okay, I see it now. Rewards are there if you scroll down past pick a skill after each level. 
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    It **** blows. Just keep panning after half the rounds 
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    edited June 2021

I've reached out to the owner and asked him if he would be interested in suing glu....essentially for taking the name of his bar and shitting on it, and associating it with world renoun hideousness.

you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    2020KC said:

I've reached out to the owner and asked him if he would be interested in suing glu....essentially for taking the name of his bar and shitting on it, and associating it with world renoun hideousness.

I would love to know what their response would be...
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Get the other 900 bars named Barrel House across the country and have them file jointly. 
This discussion has been closed.